[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

45 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Getting strong exploration vibes from this mod, the new update looks like it will be stunning. Is scatterer a requirement to get the cool features or would eve be sufficient? This mod makes me want to explore every inch of it

Thank you!

Scatterer is not a requirement and neither is EVE. Sure, it'll subtract from the visual experience but the terrain features will still be there. It's completely up to you. EVE-glows are added in this update and they'll activate when scatterer is not installed, and they do a pretty convincing job of it

Every time I try to download this my browser closes and my CPU posts a gigantic NO! on the screen.

You have stricken fear into the hearts of CPU's everywhere.....

On the serious side though, I'm going to have to make a special KSP folder and give this a whirl once Kopernicus updates, even against my CPU's wishes....:o:cool::0.0: <We need some Valentina emoticons....

I would say it looks awesome, but that is really far too weak of a description. I see more sunrise serenades in my future. The ones where I tell my wife "No, I haven't been playing KSP all night. I did take a snack break after all.....

1 minute ago, pslytely psycho said:

Every time I try to download this my browser closes and my CPU posts a gigantic NO! on the screen.

You have stricken fear into the hearts of CPU's everywhere.....

On the serious side though, I'm going to have to make a special KSP folder and give this a whirl once Kopernicus updates, even against my CPU's wishes....:o:cool::0.0: <We need some Valentina emoticons....

I would say it looks awesome, but that is really far too weak of a description. I see more sunrise serenades in my future. The ones where I tell my wife "No, I haven't been playing KSP all night. I did take a snack break after all.....

Lol!

This update should be less CPU demanding. I'm not exactly sure what the usages are because I use a CPU that really shouldn't be used for KSP (9900k), and it sits at around 25% on one core through my testing. I might fire it up on my laptop (no pun intended) and get back to you on how it performs on a low-mid range system. 

In technical terms squad claims that ksp 1.8 utilises GPU instancing, which will take almost all of the draw calls from the CPU to the GPU for the terrain scatters. Basically, the CPU will direct one model and the GPU will paste it all over the terrain. That's how they do fancy grass in those AAA games without it being stuttery mess.

Plus I've added some EVE configs for people who can't run scatterer and vice versa. Hopefully it runs well, and I'll let you know on the laptop situation. 

13 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

let me know if I missed anything out!

One question I always look to answer when browsing planet packs and system replacers is which scale they use, in comparison to stock KSP. Admittedly it's not so easily determined when the stock planets are not there anymore, but even a rough guideline like "feaures stockalike-sized planets and distances" or "everything is half-again as large as you would expect to find in stock" is very helpful.

Related would be compatibility info in regards rescaling mods. With how much hand-crafting has gone into your planets and general experience, you might want to advise people not to rescale them, or perhaps confidently state that they can be rescaled without breaking anything as long as it stays within certain bounds, or the like.

14 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

One question I always look to answer when browsing planet packs and system replacers is which scale they use, in comparison to stock KSP. Admittedly it's not so easily determined when the stock planets are not there anymore, but even a rough guideline like "feaures stockalike-sized planets and distances" or "everything is half-again as large as you would expect to find in stock" is very helpful.

Related would be compatibility info in regards rescaling mods. With how much hand-crafting has gone into your planets and general experience, you might want to advise people not to rescale them, or perhaps confidently state that they can be rescaled without breaking anything as long as it stays within certain bounds, or the like.

Thank you! I will update the OP when I can.

7 minutes ago, Maxi-Mio said:

hi , i need help for my installation , i can not use beyond home

my game version is 1.7.3

my gamedata : https://imgur.com/mmpo4fv

my ksp log https://mega.nz/#!O6ZikKDA!L892YltTzoc8BydaujWIb1X6YlZUm6cBa0HqTGjyGfw

You're using the wrong Modulemanager, you need 4.0.3, or the version that comes with 1.7.3 Kopernicus.