Gameslinx

[1.7.3] [Planet Mod] Beyond Home 1.2.0 (Now on CKAN!)

Recommended Posts

Not gonna lie, Gateway looks gorgeous and I'm astonished by the fact that it has a surface. I'm thinking of sending a probe into it to see what mysteries hide there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Getting strong exploration vibes from this mod, the new update looks like it will be stunning. Is scatterer a requirement to get the cool features or would eve be sufficient? This mod makes me want to explore every inch of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, The-Doctor said:

Getting strong exploration vibes from this mod, the new update looks like it will be stunning. Is scatterer a requirement to get the cool features or would eve be sufficient? This mod makes me want to explore every inch of it

Thank you!

Scatterer is not a requirement and neither is EVE. Sure, it'll subtract from the visual experience but the terrain features will still be there. It's completely up to you. EVE-glows are added in this update and they'll activate when scatterer is not installed, and they do a pretty convincing job of it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every time I try to download this my browser closes and my CPU posts a gigantic NO! on the screen.

You have stricken fear into the hearts of CPU's everywhere.....

On the serious side though, I'm going to have to make a special KSP folder and give this a whirl once Kopernicus updates, even against my CPU's wishes....:o:cool::0.0: <We need some Valentina emoticons....

I would say it looks awesome, but that is really far too weak of a description. I see more sunrise serenades in my future. The ones where I tell my wife "No, I haven't been playing KSP all night. I did take a snack break after all.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, pslytely psycho said:

Every time I try to download this my browser closes and my CPU posts a gigantic NO! on the screen.

You have stricken fear into the hearts of CPU's everywhere.....

On the serious side though, I'm going to have to make a special KSP folder and give this a whirl once Kopernicus updates, even against my CPU's wishes....:o:cool::0.0: <We need some Valentina emoticons....

I would say it looks awesome, but that is really far too weak of a description. I see more sunrise serenades in my future. The ones where I tell my wife "No, I haven't been playing KSP all night. I did take a snack break after all.....

Lol!

This update should be less CPU demanding. I'm not exactly sure what the usages are because I use a CPU that really shouldn't be used for KSP (9900k), and it sits at around 25% on one core through my testing. I might fire it up on my laptop (no pun intended) and get back to you on how it performs on a low-mid range system. 

In technical terms squad claims that ksp 1.8 utilises GPU instancing, which will take almost all of the draw calls from the CPU to the GPU for the terrain scatters. Basically, the CPU will direct one model and the GPU will paste it all over the terrain. That's how they do fancy grass in those AAA games without it being stuttery mess.

Plus I've added some EVE configs for people who can't run scatterer and vice versa. Hopefully it runs well, and I'll let you know on the laptop situation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's not forget about the city coming to Verna in the next update!

unknown.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The-Doctor said:

What's the Duna analogue planet in this?

There isn't really one. If it's anything, it'd be Hydrus. It does have a thick atmosphere but its gravity is fairly low. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some new cool things coming in 1.3 (for the others, scroll back up and go back some pages. There's a lot!

 - Snow

 - Much better clouds

 - New surface features

Here are some pictures from the last week or so:

 

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm really happy with these screenshots. I've spent about a week sorting out terrain textures and trying different ones out. I'm extremely happy with these two! :) 

unknown.png

unknown.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Streetwind said:

Is that using the new 1.8 surface shaders, or are those still classical textures?

These are using the new 1.8 terrain shader

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just updated the forum OP, let me know if I missed anything out! Hopefully it looks a lot more cleaner and presentable now!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

let me know if I missed anything out!

One question I always look to answer when browsing planet packs and system replacers is which scale they use, in comparison to stock KSP. Admittedly it's not so easily determined when the stock planets are not there anymore, but even a rough guideline like "feaures stockalike-sized planets and distances" or "everything is half-again as large as you would expect to find in stock" is very helpful.

Related would be compatibility info in regards rescaling mods. With how much hand-crafting has gone into your planets and general experience, you might want to advise people not to rescale them, or perhaps confidently state that they can be rescaled without breaking anything as long as it stays within certain bounds, or the like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Streetwind said:

One question I always look to answer when browsing planet packs and system replacers is which scale they use, in comparison to stock KSP. Admittedly it's not so easily determined when the stock planets are not there anymore, but even a rough guideline like "feaures stockalike-sized planets and distances" or "everything is half-again as large as you would expect to find in stock" is very helpful.

Related would be compatibility info in regards rescaling mods. With how much hand-crafting has gone into your planets and general experience, you might want to advise people not to rescale them, or perhaps confidently state that they can be rescaled without breaking anything as long as it stays within certain bounds, or the like.

Thank you! I will update the OP when I can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next career mode video is out for those who watch! In it you can see the new terrain textures, scatters on Ash, Lua's atmosphere, and the more detailed clouds. I hope you enjoy :)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Maxi-Mio said:

hi , i need help for my installation , i can not use beyond home

my game version is 1.7.3

my gamedata : https://imgur.com/mmpo4fv

my ksp log https://mega.nz/#!O6ZikKDA!L892YltTzoc8BydaujWIb1X6YlZUm6cBa0HqTGjyGfw

You're using the wrong Modulemanager, you need 4.0.3, or the version that comes with 1.7.3 Kopernicus. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

amazing thank you very much remains to integrate the decorations like trees and cities, can you tell me?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.