[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

What mods did you use for the trailers

Only the required ones in terms of Beyond Home and its visuals.

For recording the trailers themselves i used Camera Tools for the cinematic shots. For editing I used Premiere Pro.

9 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Page 10, near the bottom :)

(Yes, it does, you just need Kopernicus 1.7)

Thanks

I also want to ask you if you can help me make EVE/scatterer configs for custom planets of my own. Your planets are so pretty and you look very experienced having made three amazing mods like this. I have wanted to create gas giants and my own solar systems for a good while now and I posted a thread about it about an hour ago (I don't want to make anyone upset by linking to it here). There are no tutorials for playing with EVE or scatterer as a modder anywhere, and visual mods seem to be the only type of mod that is so secretive in this community. I've asked in their threads plenty of times and got nowhere.

I'm a pest. I know. Sorry.

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

17 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

Thanks

I also want to ask you if you can help me make EVE/scatterer configs for custom planets of my own. Your planets are so pretty and you look very experienced having made three amazing mods like this. I have wanted to create gas giants and my own solar systems for a good while now and I posted a thread about it about an hour ago (I don't want to make anyone upset by linking to it here). There are no tutorials for playing with EVE or scatterer as a modder anywhere, and visual mods seem to be the only type of mod that is so secretive in this community. I've asked in their threads plenty of times and got nowhere.

I'm a pest. I know. Sorry.

I can help with issues, but not so much making them. Should you have a texture, the syntax for EVE is very easy. I'd do scatterer last, since it's more difficult. If you need help with this i'm more than happy to discuss it on the Kopernicus discord, I believe it's linked in the first post here.

4 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I can help with issues, but not so much making them. Should you have a texture, the syntax for EVE is very easy. I'd do scatterer last, since it's more difficult. If you need help with this i'm more than happy to discuss it on the Kopernicus discord, I believe it's linked in the first post here.

I don't mean making textures, that's just a matter of making various different colors of hodge podges depending on what color you want your clouds. :D

Thank you though, I will check it out later.
As in, this weekend.

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

On 4/17/2019 at 8:35 AM, dxeh said:

Yes, allready mentioned before, Rhode is referred to as Kerbin

I was having a similar issue with this on my game save. Kerbal Alarm clock and a couple of contracts kept referring to "Rhode" as "Kerbin" for some reason. Just remember, Kerbin died a few billion years ago. It's probably just some artifact of the ancient colony ship's software. The kerbals that developed it are long dead, and the methods to fix their code was lost to time with them. Someday the software will finally patch itself to adjust to the new system. Until then, just ignore the bug. It's only the ship longing to go home.

On 4/22/2019 at 4:16 PM, iliketrains0pwned said:

I was having a similar issue with this on my game save. Kerbal Alarm clock and a couple of contracts kept referring to "Rhode" as "Kerbin" for some reason. Just remember, Kerbin died a few billion years ago. It's probably just some artifact of the ancient colony ship's software. The kerbals that developed it are long dead, and the methods to fix their code was lost to time with them. Someday the software will finally patch itself to adjust to the new system. Until then, just ignore the bug. It's only the ship longing to go home.

Am ignoring it. but can imagen that there might be mods (yet to be discovered) that are not going to eat this excrements lol :)

On 4/22/2019 at 10:16 AM, iliketrains0pwned said:

Kerbal Alarm clock and a couple of contracts kept referring to "Rhode" as "Kerbin" for some reason.

4 hours ago, dxeh said:

Am ignoring it. but can imagen that there might be mods (yet to be discovered) that are not going to eat this excrements lol :)

The reason that Rhode is still called Kerbin by some mods is that "Rhode" is merely a display name and those mods don't respect the display name parameter. On the functional level, Rhode is still named Kerbin. Changing it breaks mods like MechJeb and other autopilots (likely, when you change the planet you change the KSC location too), and breaks most contract packs which are hardcoded expecting the homeworld to be "Kerbin" and may be expecting Mun and Minmus to exist too.

If you are interested in using this planet pack with Kerbalism, I posted a file on the Kerbalism thread that will add support for Beyond Home.

Direct link to the post: 

Edit:  N70 said this will be added to Kerbalism in the near future

Edited by Uberns
update

On 4/17/2019 at 2:07 PM, Gameslinx said:

Kopernicus has updated. The mod does work on 1.7, but I will be releasing a proper update with a few new cool features shortly anyway!

Will those features be backwards compatible with 1.6.1?

Is the mod compatible with ScanSAT?

@dxeh If you still need it...

And all others encountering this problem

This config file to match Rhode's Space Center with the location of Mission Control should fix things, just drag this into the RemoteTech folder in your GameData and replace Default_Settings.cfg

4 hours ago, iGGnitE said:

This config file to match Rhode's Space Center with the location of Mission Control should fix things, just drag this into the RemoteTech folder in your GameData and replace Default_Settings.cfg

Awesome. I'll see if I can use ModuleManager to get that to work then distribute it in the BH folder.

This update will be backwards compatible provided you use the Kopernicus Backport to 1.6.1

On 4/26/2019 at 9:26 AM, iGGnitE said:

Cool.. thanks. helps a lot:D

Downloaded and have run a few missions with the planet pack.  This is easily one of the best looking, stream line, easy to install and smooth planet packs I have ever used.  Fantastic work by @Gameslinx volunteering your time to give the community something this well put together.  I also love the rotation of planets on the start menu!

There is a 'pizza' from me incoming.

6 hours ago, Kontrole said:

Downloaded and have run a few missions with the planet pack.  This is easily one of the best looking, stream line, easy to install and smooth planet packs I have ever used.  Fantastic work by @Gameslinx volunteering your time to give the community something this well put together.  I also love the rotation of planets on the start menu!

There is a 'pizza' from me incoming.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write that! There will be a performance update coming soon but because I have exams I've had to put it off for longer than expected but hopefully over the weekend I'll have some time to release it.

I will most definitely enjoy that pizza!

Amazing mod! Probably the best planet pack along with Galileo. 

Is there a way to contribute to the science definitions? I hate always reading "you take note of the temperature" regardless of just being in boring Rhode low orbit or landed on some crazy, esotic planet. As far as I understand there is no need for programming skill, just being willing to write a couple hundred sentences. 

Also I encountered a graphic glitch with the skybox. It doesn't always happen, but when it happens the only way to make it go away is to restart the game. Basically the entire skybox becomes completely white, making the screen blinding if you're in space (which happens quite often in ksp).  The skybox works perfecly in the "map" mode. 

I have plenty of mods (about 70) but none of them are graphics-related. 

https://imgur.com/gallery/Stet1Bw for images. 

Edited by Elia
Missing info

1 hour ago, Elia said:

Basically the entire skybox becomes completely white, making the screen blinding if you're in space (which happens quite often in ksp).  The skybox works perfecly in the "map" mode. 

It's a scatterer / sigma replacements issue that was supposedly fixed with the most recent scatterer update. I haven't had the bug since.

1 hour ago, Elia said:

Amazing mod! Probably the best planet pack along with Galileo. 

Is there a way to contribute to the science definitions? I hate always reading "you take note of the temperature" regardless of just being in boring Rhode low orbit or landed on some crazy, esotic planet. As far as I understand there is no need for programming skill, just being willing to write a couple hundred sentences. 

Not currently, mainly because i'm not sure how I would set this up easily

Edited by Gameslinx

Now that my exams are over I should be able to actually update BH to 1.7 with the performance improvements :).

Did I hear custom easter eggs? Performance improvements of up to 50%? More custom scatters??

Edited by Gameslinx