[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

18 hours ago, KPlayer said:

Uhh this bug i dont know what is causing it i dont happen on rhode

https://ibb.co/mXb6WZB
https://ibb.co/88x2wjk 
https://ibb.co/2ZX1Cm3

here are the images

This doesn't happen if you use 1.8.1 - It's a bug with how KSP applies the shader to planet templates not using the new shader. It will be patched in the next update

hLlgI9M.png

Still seem to be running into this bug even on 1.9.1, the horizontal line that rotates with my screen across the center of the screen still remains despite numerous re installation, is there anything I might possibly be missing that could be causing this or is it just a part of Beyond Home? 

On 8/28/2020 at 10:12 AM, Gameslinx said:

This doesn't happen if you use 1.8.1 - It's a bug with how KSP applies the shader to planet templates not using the new shader. It will be patched in the next update

In the next KSP update or Beyond Home?

Running this in 1.10.1 with bleeding edge Kopernicus and haven't seen this bug, or any for that matter.  Except spaghettifying Jeb halfway up climbing a glowing tree :D but wouldn't consider that a bug

Edited by Xt007

Hi, I installed this mod with Shigma Dimension, changed scale to 3.7 and I crashed into Amstrong... I was landing at 1.2 m/s and then every part in my ship just exploded part after part :( What could I make wrong when Installing mods or configurating It?
Shigma file :
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1zwYOXinAH6L21nTs1-cMa2V-eAtfX9n9/view?usp=sharing

Foto after crash : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FFyLmpor2m4eB0pf_-I9sCqrL6S24LuJ/view?usp=sharing

Shigma from github, beyond home from ckan version 1.8.1

Edited by Anonim2

On 8/29/2020 at 8:52 AM, Yuri kagarin56 said:

hLlgI9M.png

Still seem to be running into this bug even on 1.9.1, the horizontal line that rotates with my screen across the center of the screen still remains despite numerous re installation, is there anything I might possibly be missing that could be causing this or is it just a part of Beyond Home? 

I just installed this mod and have the same problem.
Edit: just noticed this same bug more to the east of the launch complex (just started a new save). My guess is bugged chunk overlay?

Edited by Folkhoer

Just now, dxeh said:

Still running this on the beloved 1.8.1.. 

Curious IF there is even a geostat possible around rhode, or is that in the orbit of Lua? 

Lua's orbit is exactly geostationary, you could make a satellite constellation around it or put one on the same orbit as it

What's the status of the checkering pattern? Ive tried all fixes I can find besides upgrading to 1.10. ( running 1.9, bleeding edge )

Edit - "This doesn't happen if you use 1.8.1 - It's a bug with how KSP applies the shader to planet templates not using the new shader. It will be patched in the next update"

Which update? KSP, BH, Kopernicus?

Edited by Motokid600

9 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

What's the status of the checkering pattern? Ive tried all fixes I can find besides upgrading to 1.10. ( running 1.9, bleeding edge )

Edit - "This doesn't happen if you use 1.8.1 - It's a bug with how KSP applies the shader to planet templates not using the new shader. It will be patched in the next update"

Which update? KSP, BH, Kopernicus?

It'll be fixed in the next BH update, but if you want to do it yourself:

For every planet (except Kerbin), change the template to Eve if it has an atmosphere. If it does not, change the template to Minmus.

The planet configs can be found in BeyondHome/Configs, and the template section is near the top

10 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

For every planet (except Kerbin), change the template to Eve if it has an atmosphere. If it does not, change the template to Minmus.

The planet configs can be found in BeyondHome/Configs, and the template section is near the top

Ill have to wait for that update, thank you. I did try that fix awhile back and it really messed up the lighting and terrain textures for some planets. Mostly the lighting. It was as if everything was in a perpetual eclipse.

On 9/14/2020 at 7:28 AM, Gameslinx said:

Was thinking about playing Beyond Home again soon, but saw you have an update coming out? Any ETA on the update? Just don't want to start a game and a week later an update comes out.

5 minutes ago, NateDaBeast said:

Was thinking about playing Beyond Home again soon, but saw you have an update coming out? Any ETA on the update? Just don't want to start a game and a week later an update comes out.

About a week, hopefully :) 

On 8/29/2020 at 7:52 AM, Yuri kagarin56 said:

hLlgI9M.png

That's part of the stock terrain shader. There's nothing you can do about it, and it happens 100% of the time

Beyond Home 1.5.0

One of the largest updates for Beyond Home involves adding support for Parallax, a shader coded from the ground up for planet surfaces. Here are the patch notes:

You MUST now install Parallax for Beyond Home 1.5.0 to work
Parallax: https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases

• Update to 1.10
  • Moved from the Squad terrain shader to Parallax
  • Almost all bodies have Parallax configs
  • You no longer fall through the terrain on Fury in certain conditions
  • Fixed installation checker
  • Fixed a typo in Rhode.cfg where the Great Basin biome had an invalid colour