[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

I've been waiting kopernicus to update to start a new career of this amazing planet plack! Congratulations for the superb quality of this addon.

But I have a question: I can't find any anomalies outside Rhode. I have fully surveyed Rhode, Lua, Armstong and Ash using all the scanners (low, multispectral and high resolution, from Scansat's mod) and all Rhode's moons are "empty". I suspect that there should be buildings detectable as anomalies at least on Lua (the terraformers), but I don't know if this is by desing or there is something wrong in my installation.

Reaching a new body, scanning it, marking the anomalies and landing to explore them is the most exating thing in Kerbal for me.

1 hour ago, bonzo_bvd said:

I've been waiting kopernicus to update to start a new career of this amazing planet plack! Congratulations for the superb quality of this addon.

But I have a question: I can't find any anomalies outside Rhode. I have fully surveyed Rhode, Lua, Armstong and Ash using all the scanners (low, multispectral and high resolution, from Scansat's mod) and all Rhode's moons are "empty". I suspect that there should be buildings detectable as anomalies at least on Lua (the terraformers), but I don't know if this is by desing or there is something wrong in my installation.

Reaching a new body, scanning it, marking the anomalies and landing to explore them is the most exating thing in Kerbal for me.

The terraformers and mining bases don't show on the scanners, unfortunately I'm not able to integrate them with the scanners so it's a shot in the dark I'm afraid. They do exist, though, don't worry! If I find a way to get them to show on the scanners I'll let you know

On 2/16/2020 at 6:51 PM, Gameslinx said:

Yeah, it's in the install instructions too. I'll add the check for that in the installation checker :)

Looks like i have the same black terrain issue. Lua and Armstrong surfaces are black, hydrus and rhode are ok, when textures are not full-res. BH_high is set correctly. Sadly, full-res terrain is making my gpu to cry in pain. Can you give some hints to fix that, or a patch maybe? BTW your celestials are gorgeous, complex geologic features, no boring procedural noise-derived hills, never seen anything alike before.

1 minute ago, Hohmannson said:

Looks like i have the same black terrain issue. Lua and Armstrong surfaces are black, hydrus and rhode are ok, when textures are not full-res. BH_high is set correctly. Sadly, full-res terrain is making my gpu to cry in pain. Can you give some hints to fix that, or a patch maybe? BTW your celestials are gorgeous, complex geologic features, no boring procedural noise-derived hills, never seen anything alike before.

I'll have a look when I get home and I'll let you know. I don't know any way of adding a fallback if the new shader is disabled, since I think that's what is going on here, @Galileo?

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'll have a look when I get home and I'll let you know. I don't know any way of adding a fallback if the new shader is disabled, since I think that's what is going on here, @Galileo?

I haven’t looked into it. I do use a fallback texture, so this may be why I haven’t noticed

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

I loaded up the game with eight-res textures, and the terrain shader quality on lowest, and I wasn't having any problems on Armstrong or Lua

Just now, Gameslinx said:

I loaded up the game with eight-res textures, and the terrain shader quality on lowest, and I wasn't having any problems on Armstrong or Lua

Update. Proxim and Rock and Tribute affected too, all bugged celestials use regolith00, 01, 03-1 textures. These three textures have same unusual file size, compared to regolith_02, they are smaller. Ive just hyperedited to many celestials and looks like that only that three textures are becoming black when half-size enabled. Low quality terrain shader works nice on Hydrus and other not bugged celestials, i see that fancy sun reflections on soil.

Just now, Hohmannson said:

Update. Proxim and Rock and Tribute affected too, all bugged celestials use regolith00, 01, 03-1 textures. These three textures have same unusual file size, compared to regolith_02, they are smaller. Ive just hyperedited to many celestials and looks like that only that three textures are becoming black when half-size enabled. Low quality terrain shader works nice on Hydrus and other not bugged celestials, i see that fancy sun reflections on soil.

It could be the mismatched resolutions - What OS are you on?

3 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G4600 @ 3.60GHz (4)
RAM: 16348
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GT 1030 (1959MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.0])

Can you try replacing the textures with these?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozrlv6sip1i2kfj/Terrain.zip?dl=0

I have fixed Fury's ring in my Principia patch (same link)

I've also found some issues when using Kerbalism with my patch: science gliches and crashes on EVA. Don't know how to fix it, so I would say that my patch is incompatible with Kerbalism.

UPD: Random overheating is still here

Edited by MorePortal

50 minutes ago, Louis93 said:

I'm getting a contract to Explore the Mun and Minimus (same as another user posted few days ago), was there any fix for it? Was looking forward to playing with this mod after finally (I thought) getting all my mods to work together 

There's not a fix from my understanding. I'll look into it and see if I can support contracts

I'm messing about with bioluminescent life. These trees will appear VERY rarely on Rhode, but I have kept one next to the runway. Let me know what you guys think! The pearls on Scindo already do this, but I haven't actually made a custom tree before.

unknown.png?width=2882&height=1111

unknown.png

unknown.png

12 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm messing about with bioluminescent life. These trees will appear VERY rarely on Rhode, but I have kept one next to the runway. Let me know what you guys think! The pearls on Scindo already do this, but I haven't actually made a custom tree before.

(snip)

Very nice :) I can imagine Kerbals driving there at sunset to have a moment of quiet, admiring the sky while sitting standing next to the tree :)

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

More trees on the way. There will be four different trees that appear on Rhode!

AjEq0fF.png

Wow. Your planets are going to become at least as detailed, as TES II Daggerfall is. Abandoned castles, weird towers, procedurally placed trees. There is no King of Worms and no ghosts are EVA-ing around screaming about revenge, but hey, there are fancy shaders and the trees are 3D!

Just now, Hohmannson said:

Wow. Your planets are going to become at least as detailed, as TES II Daggerfall is. Abandoned castles, weird towers, procedurally placed trees. There is no King of Worms and no ghosts are EVA-ing around screaming about revenge, but hey, there are fancy shaders and the trees are 3D!

I've wanted to produce a mod that makes the environment feel really alive - I think it's starting to work really well with the planets now! :) 

Thank you

Edited by Gameslinx

7 minutes ago, H4ckerxx44 said:

This mod should get stickied in my opinion

Thank you, it means a lot.

I'm so glad people took the update well, because I know a lot of planets were changed (hopefully for the better!) and it was nerve racking to see what people's reactions to those changes would be

Edited by Gameslinx

11 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Just letting you all know - Beyond Home is back and working on CKAN now - there was an error in the Netkan that caused it to ignore the Scatterer configs, causing it to break, so if you're using CKAN Beyond Home please reinstall!

Both releases indexed by CKAN (1.2.0 for KSP 1.7.3 and 1.3.1 for KSP 1.8) are updated now.

When you refresh the modlist in CKAN, it'll automatically ask you about reinstalling it because the metadata changed. I just found out that this does not automatically pull in the Scatterer-config+sunflare, so click "No" there, instead wait for the registry to finish the update, and then right click on Beyond Home in the modlist and choose "Reinstall". This will force the installation of Scatterer-config+sunflare provided that you have the core Scatterer installed, thus hopefully fixing the glitches you all encountered. Keep in mind BH is pretty big, so the reinstallation might take a while.

Edited by DasSkelett