[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

3 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Currently, no, because the other packs are also the Kerbol system it wouldn't make sense to have three of them at once! But if people want it enough I might start working on a patch for them to work together

Is this with scatterer or without scatterer?

Without scatterer.

I'm really enjoying my career playthrough in Beyond Home.  I haven't made it to most planets yet, but the ones I've visited are polished and do, indeed, feel more alive than the stock game or other planet packs I've tried.  It makes the game feel new again to this old-timer.

That said, I do have a question: after opening the launchpad on Lua, I assumed I'd be able to recover vessels there as well as launch them, but I can't seem to do so.  Is that intended behavior, or is there a problem on my end?

2 hours ago, Mattasmack said:

I'm really enjoying my career playthrough in Beyond Home.  I haven't made it to most planets yet, but the ones I've visited are polished and do, indeed, feel more alive than the stock game or other planet packs I've tried.  It makes the game feel new again to this old-timer.

That said, I do have a question: after opening the launchpad on Lua, I assumed I'd be able to recover vessels there as well as launch them, but I can't seem to do so.  Is that intended behavior, or is there a problem on my end?

I don't think it's possible. I tried adding a recovery base and seeing if that would work but Kerbal Konstructs has a few problems at the moment, and I think that is one of them. For now, you cannot recover from Lua (but you can buy fuel by clicking on one of the fuel pods)

Need help, tried to install beyond home on 1.8.1 and when the game loaded i got the message “Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your saved game is NOT recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress." I thought it could be another mod so i so i deleted everything except for kopernicus and beyond home, tried again and the same message apeared and the stock system was still there, so i thought that i had installed something wrong, i downloaded ckan and downloaded the mod from there but the same happened again.

btw im on a mac

5 hours ago, Hpl said:

Need help, tried to install beyond home on 1.8.1 and when the game loaded i got the message “Kopernicus was not able to load the custom planetary system due to an exception in the loading process. Loading your saved game is NOT recommended, because the missing planets could corrupt it and delete your progress." I thought it could be another mod so i so i deleted everything except for kopernicus and beyond home, tried again and the same message apeared and the stock system was still there, so i thought that i had installed something wrong, i downloaded ckan and downloaded the mod from there but the same happened again.

btw im on a mac

When you start the game there is an installation checker that tells you what's wrong.

Please post your KSP.log. I cannot help otherwise.

7 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Upload it to a site like DropBox or google Drive and share the link to it here

Nvm, i downloaded ksp again and it worked, awesome mod!, altough i have a few visual glitches, but im sure it will be fixed.

Great work!

2 minutes ago, Hpl said:

Nvm, i downloaded ksp again and it worked, awesome mod!, altough i have a few visual glitches, but im sure it will be fixed.

Great work!

Can you clarify on the visual glitches? There shouldn't be any

48 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Can you clarify on the visual glitches? There shouldn't be any

The gas giants look a bit weird and kerbol and destiny are white balls, i think the sunflare is broken 

On 3/29/2020 at 12:35 AM, Gameslinx said:

Yep, just realised I messed something up on my end. I created the biome maps for the Armstrong overhaul but never assigned the colours in the map to the science rewards in game. I'm uploading a release now, it should be out within the hour!

@Gameslinx Many thanks!! Much appreciated.

8 hours ago, DonHoot69 said:

Is there a "Rhodestationary" Altitude? Maybe I missed it!

The same as Lua's orbit

4 hours ago, Estel said:

are the breaking ground surface features enabled on this planet pack?

Breaking ground, no, however I added my own variant where if you walk up to surface features with a Kerbal you can do a specific type of surface sample to find out more, which works for both BG and non BG players

3 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

Gameslinx will you update after kerbin and before kerbin

I only work on things when I enjoy it, and currently I'm enjoying working on BH a lot more, so for now they won't be updated

7 minutes ago, Hpl said:

Im here again, do you need a mod for the surface features?, because they are not appearing 

No - go to your settings, enable Terrain Scatters and set the density to 100%. Restart your game

also i am really enjoying your playthrough, also is it downloadable for 1.7.3(I went to that version to play after kerbin because it is the furthest back that i am farmiliar with, i also do not want my stuff deleted(I now have a ksp folder containing my modded games)

well my computer forces me to use a pay to use service called winzip i had to spend an hour getting it to work

the files cannot be opened by other systems my compter says

that is complete ###########

3 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

the mod is not working it will not unzip, can you make an unziped version as my computer charges me to unzip files and i do not want to cause anything to break.

There is no way to share files that are not compressed in some way (and if there is, I'm not going to). Windows will unzip files by default. You should not be being told to pay to unzip files.

Edited by Gameslinx

5 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

also i am really enjoying your playthrough, also is it downloadable for 1.7.3(I went to that version to play after kerbin because it is the furthest back that i am farmiliar with, i also do not want my stuff deleted(I now have a ksp folder containing my modded games)

well my computer forces me to use a pay to use service called winzip i had to spend an hour getting it to work

the files cannot be opened by other systems my compter says

that is complete ###########

WinRar can open zips, but Windows can already open them by default (it is not called WinZip). Right click -> open with -> pick what you want to open the zip file with

Beyond Home is not for 1.7 anymore due to the changes to the terrain shader in 1.8.