[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Hello just curious, are there any plans to update After Kerbin and Before Kerbin to 1.8.1?

I tested both in their current versions on 1.8.1 After Kerbin loads but the sun has no glow or rays, and Before Kerbin has no atmospheres and some planets have the wrong textures. (I was using EVE and Scatterer on both.) if you have no plans to update these that’s ok. I’m just curious if you did or not o-o

Edited by Kjonde564
Forgot to include some info

1 hour ago, kylehartman775 said:

Hey Man,

Cool mod you go here but my game is having an issue it loads all the way the says "KSP_64.exe has stopped responding" any fixes?

From,

Kylehartman775

p.s English is not my first language so please go easy on any spelling mistakes

Most likely you're running out of RAM.

1 hour ago, Morphisor said:

Most likely you're running out of RAM.

i dont think it that, becuse i still have over 5GB of ram for it to use cuz ksp when loading only uses 4.6 GB. i also get lots of "[ERR 17:24:04.817] Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'GameObject'. (Read 15 bytes but expected 75 bytes)" in the KSP.Log file take a look

file:///D:/Games/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log

Edited by kylehartman775
i was not done

7 hours ago, Kjonde564 said:

Hello just curious, are there any plans to update After Kerbin and Before Kerbin to 1.8.1?

I tested both in their current versions on 1.8.1 After Kerbin loads but the sun has no glow or rays, and Before Kerbin has no atmospheres and some planets have the wrong textures. (I was using EVE and Scatterer on both.) if you have no plans to update these that’s ok. I’m just curious if you did or not o-o

I have a busy schedule, unfortunately. I have university to worry about, and my focus has shifted away from those mods to this one and YouTube. I may revisit them at some point but I have no plans to for the near future 

40 minutes ago, kylehartman775 said:

i dont think it that, becuse i still have over 5GB of ram for it to use cuz ksp when loading only uses 4.6 GB. i also get lots of "[ERR 17:24:04.817] Mismatched serialization in the builtin class 'GameObject'. (Read 15 bytes but expected 75 bytes)" in the KSP.Log file take a look

file:///D:/Games/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/KSP.log

The link is not valid. You need to upload your log to a file sharing site, you can't just paste the file path.

Try using Dropbox or Pastebin to upload your log file. 

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I have a busy schedule, unfortunately. I have university to worry about, and my focus has shifted away from those mods to this one and YouTube. I may revisit them at some point but I have no plans to for the near future 

The link is not valid. You need to upload your log to a file sharing site, you can't just paste the file path.

Try using Dropbox or Pastebin to upload your log file. 

oh sorry here you go 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9s5i10r3x5fp1bw/KSP.log?dl=0

1 hour ago, Viktor801 said:

Will It Run "Astronomers Visual Pack" ?

Beyond home comes with its own visuals, so it does not support AVP.

Install EVE, Scatterer, and Sigma Skybox alongside BH to use it's visuals. 

This mod looks awesome and i found it by watching some of your youtube videos Linx, but I had a few questions regarding the mod I hope you wont mind answering. 

Is it supported for things such as Scansat? 

Does it have resources on the planets for mods like MKS or WBI?

And the terrain textures of the planets I havent had a chance to get too close a look to them yet but how do they compare to the stock system? Are they more towards the newer high detail textures like the Mun and Duna? Or moreso like the older KSP planet textures? 

16 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

This mod looks awesome and i found it by watching some of your youtube videos Linx, but I had a few questions regarding the mod I hope you wont mind answering. 

And the terrain textures of the planets I havent had a chance to get too close a look to them yet but how do they compare to the stock system? Are they more towards the newer high detail textures like the Mun and Duna? Or moreso like the older KSP planet textures? 

I've not used Scansat before but I have been told it works fine!

Planet resources for MKS / WBI haven't been manually distributed so it could be possible they will randomly spawn, but I advise caution and I can't guarantee any will spawn at all.

The terrain textures use the new shader added in 1.8, and every planet has very high quality terrain textures for their surfaces. Every planet and moon uses these. Make sure your shader quality and terrain quality are set to high :)

25 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

SCANsat simply works. There is no "I need compatibility" thing here. Install Waypoint Manager as well and you'll be asking loudly why you've been clinging to KerbNet. :P

If you simply install Community Resource Pack or WBI Classic Stock you will get (typically randomized) resource distributions on every planet. There is no "I need compatibility" thing here either, except when you reach the point of the few resources that are only configured for the stock planets which no longer exist when you install Beyond Home.

If you install Rational Resources alongside CRP or WBI then the resources get curated:

19 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

manually distributed

to fit certain basic expectations of each world, and mining becomes more interesting and challenging (less Ore presence is the main thing)... (If you use MKS or Karbonite, you will find yourself missing a few resources, those seen as "irrational" like Karbonite itself, Karborundum, and Dirt. But you get more of the resources necessary for life support (namely Kerbalism) and non-stock rocketry like hydrolox and methalox, and several concept rocketry standards (CO2 NTR; hybrid metal/LOX SRB;), and more opportunities to mine resources (the oceans, atmospheres and exospheres have a lot to them).

You get a related experiment added too, and it's more worth your while to go into low orbit of a star, especially including the ones added by Beyond Home. This screenshot highlights the potential of Lua, the first moon you'll want to visit. Home of the "Lua base" that Linx will often speak of.

d35tr6l.jpg

Spoiler

Sorry for the shameless promo again, Linx. Please don't put me out the airlock. xD

37 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I've not used Scansat before but I have been told it works fine!

Planet resources for MKS / WBI haven't been manually distributed so it could be possible they will randomly spawn, but I advise caution and I can't guarantee any will spawn at all.

The terrain textures use the new shader added in 1.8, and every planet has very high quality terrain textures for their surfaces. Every planet and moon uses these. Make sure your shader quality and terrain quality are set to high :)

Thank you for the information, from what Ive seen this mod adds just what KSP was lacking a sense of looking for things! I am very excited to try it out!

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

SCANsat simply works. There is no "I need compatibility" thing here. Install Waypoint Manager as well and you'll be asking loudly why you've been clinging to KerbNet. :P

If you simply install Community Resource Pack or WBI Classic Stock you will get (typically randomized) resource distributions on every planet. There is no "I need compatibility" thing here either, except when you reach the point of the few resources that are only configured for the stock planets which no longer exist when you install Beyond Home.

I see, I see. So all of the "regular" resources will be randomly distributed normally like in a stock solar system with CRP, but things such as Karborundum or water would have to be manually added into the CRP?

Thanks for the info and yea, never been a fan of the kerbnet tbh.

13 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

I see, I see. So all of the "regular" resources will be randomly distributed normally like in a stock solar system with CRP, but things such as Karborundum or water would have to be manually added into the CRP?

All of the "regular" resources, yes. Water is among these (not with Karborundum) and has a 20% chance to appear in very large amounts nearly everywhere (including the lava oceans). Karborundum (and the others like it, within CRP and typically end-game sci-fi rocket propellants) will need to be manually placed where you want. Rational Resources fixes the Water/Lava issue and handles a few of those end-game propellants: Antimatter, LH2, LqdDeuterium, LqdHe3 to be exact. If you have more resource questions bring them to that mod's thread. I've hijacked this one enough. :D

Edited by JadeOfMaar

On 5/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, Gameslinx said:

Beyond home comes with its own visuals, so it does not support AVP.

Install EVE, Scatterer, and Sigma Skybox alongside BH to use it's visuals. 

Is there a specific Config file that needs to be used, or is it plug and play with EVE? Sorry, I'm always having trouble with EVE, even after 400 hours in KSP lol.

Also,

I absolutely cannot figure out how to install this mod. I've tried just dropping the folder in the Gamedata folder, I've tried using CKAN, I've tried a mix of both, all to no avail. I tried finding some more thorough installation instructions, but I've been unable to find any information at all, on how to install it. Any advice or guide, would be deeply appreciated (and might include a donation)!

4 minutes ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Another question I hope you wont mind answering Linx, it says on the front page their is an option to launch from the moon. Is this accessible at start or do you unlock it through the tech tree? 

It`s unlocked through credits. You need Kerbal Konstructs installed for it to appear.

9 hours ago, soviet_lettuce said:

Is there a specific Config file that needs to be used, or is it plug and play with EVE? Sorry, I'm always having trouble with EVE, even after 400 hours in KSP lol.

Also,

I absolutely cannot figure out how to install this mod. I've tried just dropping the folder in the Gamedata folder, I've tried using CKAN, I've tried a mix of both, all to no avail. I tried finding some more thorough installation instructions, but I've been unable to find any information at all, on how to install it. Any advice or guide, would be deeply appreciated (and might include a donation)!

Install instructions are near the bottom of the OP or can be found on the github near the bottom here: https://github.com/Gameslinx/BeyondHomePlanetMod/blob/master/README.md

Provided you're using Windows, Beyond Home comes with an install checker which will tell you during the loading screen what you've done wrong if you have installed it wrong, as well as what other things you might be missing.

It is just plug and play with EVE and Scatterer, just install them alongside BH and they will work fine :)

8 hours ago, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Another question I hope you wont mind answering Linx, it says on the front page their is an option to launch from the moon. Is this accessible at start or do you unlock it through the tech tree? 

As said above, if you have Kerbal Konstructs installed you can unlock the base from the VAB/SPH editor by clicking the Kerbal Konstructs button at the bottom right, selecting the Lua base and unlocking it with credits.

So I booted the mod up and I love the quality but for some reason im not getting clouds? Ive got both Scatterer and eve and both have their toolbars coming up but no clouds.

H0GpbzB.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dh5ix1xf1nq0ur0/output_log.txt?dl=0

for the logs. Any help would be much appreciated hopefully I can get clouds.

EDIT: Im stupid and forgot to remove the last bits of my Astronomers visual pack. All good now. 

Perhaps someone can help me with this though

Spoiler

7jPwH9S.png

Spoiler

ASDIOhH.png

OA660J2.png

mz6eAtp.png

7QcKfi3.png

Ive got this weird line in the middle of my screen and it will follow my view when scrolling in or out, very annoying is there any way to fix this? Seems to be giving odd pixelated textures too. 

Edited by Yuri kagarin56

Hi there, I've downloaded the mod and honestly, it's probably the best planet pack mod I've seen on KSP so far.

I've started a career but I'm hesitant to continue it because after I've achieved orbit, I've noticed that the contracts are still the same stock KSP contracts, with the next contracts I have being "visit the Mun" and Minmus and what not. Is there something I'm missing? Or is this not designed to be played with career? I'd appreciate any info, thanks :)

On 5/29/2020 at 7:12 AM, Yuri kagarin56 said:

Ive got this weird line in the middle of my screen and it will follow my view when scrolling in or out, very annoying is there any way to fix this? Seems to be giving odd pixelated textures too. 

That's an artifact of scatterer, and the pixelated textures are a bug with KSP's 1.8 terrain shader - It's fixed on 1.9, but we're waiting for Kopernicus to update

7 hours ago, Teoras said:

Hi there, I've downloaded the mod and honestly, it's probably the best planet pack mod I've seen on KSP so far.

I've started a career but I'm hesitant to continue it because after I've achieved orbit, I've noticed that the contracts are still the same stock KSP contracts, with the next contracts I have being "visit the Mun" and Minmus and what not. Is there something I'm missing? Or is this not designed to be played with career? I'd appreciate any info, thanks :)

You must be using contract configurator. If you use contract mods you will get the stock contracts. This is absolutely designed for career mode :) 

5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

That's an artifact of scatterer, and the pixelated textures are a bug with KSP's 1.8 terrain shader - It's fixed on 1.9, but we're waiting for Kopernicus to update

You must be using contract configurator. If you use contract mods you will get the stock contracts. This is absolutely designed for career mode :) 

Ahh, thank you for the quick response, will try without it :)

21 minutes ago, Whargarble said:

I get some very strange squares, when I visit the moons. The squares doesn't appear on Rhode nor in map view.

I assume that they are also the fault of old Kopernicus, or is it something else?

VFEzfpx.png

Logs please!

Also, you've cropped out your UI which helps me even less