[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

1 hour ago, zberry7 said:

I looked back and I worded that post poorly, I edited it incase anyone stumbles upon it, as I've seen a few reports of this issue. Unfortunately I believe(?) this is outside of the authors control, so uninstalling the DLC, or installing 'Making Less History' seems to be the only fixes for the time being. Hopefully this fixes the issue for you, as it did with me, because this is an amazing planet pack

Okay I just tried installing the mod Making Less History, and it actually fixed the issue. I've been able to recover my vessel ! So thank you @zberry7 :)

16 hours ago, zberry7 said:

I looked back and I worded that post poorly, I edited it incase anyone stumbles upon it, as I've seen a few reports of this issue. Unfortunately I believe(?) this is outside of the authors control, so uninstalling the DLC, or installing 'Making Less History' seems to be the only fixes for the time being. Hopefully this fixes the issue for you, as it did with me, because this is an amazing planet pack

So this mod is incompatible with making history?

I will update the OP and link to MLS. Thank you!

Edited by Gameslinx

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

So this mod is incompatible with making history?

I will update the OP and link to MLS. Thank you!

It seems to be an issue with other planet packs using Kopernicus that add additional launch sites. I'm going to PM you a forum link where I found another case of this issue. 

Very good work! Thanks for that!

Along side with Restock, your mod made me come back to KSP after many many years without touching it.

I started a career a few days ago. I enjoy playing career mode with progression/ exploration contracts. Unfortunately I have troubles with this and your mod. After completing the progression with all of Rhode's moons. The game thinks the next step is going to Kerbol. Not very suitable. So to try and fix this I have deleted the whole Kerbol system. And the result is that now the game uses Fate as the next step. That kills the progression as well. I think it might be doable ( maybe without changing the temperature some parts can handle, maybe not).

I will be attempting to delete Fate later today and see what the game offers as the next destination to unlock. And I hope once the more logical planets to visit are visited with the exploration contracts, putting back the kerbol system will work.

Edit: Ok quick update, deleting Fate puts Hydrus as the next step. That 's much better.

Anybody experiencing the same issue and found a better way to fix it?

Thanks again for the great mod @Gameslinx

Edited by Nookos

20 minutes ago, Nookos said:

Very good work! Thanks for that!

Along side with Restock, your mod made me come back to KSP after many many years without touching it.

I started a career a few days ago. I enjoy playing career mode with progression/ exploration contracts. Unfortunately I have troubles with this and your mod. After completing the progression with all of Rhode's moons. The game thinks the next step is going to Kerbol. Not very suitable. So to try and fix this I have deleted the whole Kerbol system. And the result is that now the game uses Fate as the next step. That kills the progression as well. I think it might be doable ( maybe without changing the temperature some parts can handle, maybe not).

I will be attempting to delete Fate later today and see what the game offers as the next destination to unlock. And I hope once the more logical planets to visit are visited with the exploration contracts, putting back the kerbol system will work.

Edit: Ok quick update, deleting Fate puts Hydrus as the next step. That 's much better.

Anybody experiencing the same issue and found a better way to fix it?

Thanks again for the great mod @Gameslinx

It's a problem with the stock game. Gotta love these sorts of bugs...

Your best bet is to just go to the planet you want, orbit it, then accept the contracts that will then generate. If you visit somewhere, the game will generate contracts around it and progression will continue as normal.

Loving this add-on for sure!! I am running into an issue tho but I am not sure if it's related to beyond home or the mods required but it hasn't started happening until I installed beyond home.. occasionally with landed crafts or probes, I cannot leave the vessel or save the game . If I click save nothing will happen and the file will not be generated and if I try to return to space center or another vessel , again nothing will happen. I was able to work around this by saving a ton more than usual but it is rather time consuming. 

On 3/30/2019 at 12:58 AM, zberry7 said:

I managed to fix this issue (buttons not working after landing, save not working, etc..) by installing the 'Making Less History' mod, I didn't need the Mission Builder so this solution was optimal for me. I'm on 1.6.1 as well, although I did not do a clean install while troubleshooting, instead I tried to verify game files through steam after removing all mods.

From what I've found, the block of code causing the exception is in the base game (?) and is basically a for loop, accessing a list/array, but the upper bounds of the iterator is based on the count of a different list/array (launch site lists I believe). But this loop is within an if statement that checks for the DLC, or something along these lines.

Thank you for the prompt support though! I'm a C# dev and although I haven't dug into KSP yet, I understand how much work support can be after initial release and I very much appreciate it!

One final quick question, I'm still fairly new to the game. What would the altitude for geostationary orbit around Rhode be? I think an object in this orbit would eventually enter Lua's SOI, but Im not sure if I have the correct altitude.

This worked for me , Thanks! Sorry i didn't scroll up sooner!

2 hours ago, Ayeohdee said:

Loving this add-on for sure!! I am running into an issue tho but I am not sure if it's related to beyond home or the mods required but it hasn't started happening until I installed beyond home.. occasionally with landed crafts or probes, I cannot leave the vessel or save the game . If I click save nothing will happen and the file will not be generated and if I try to return to space center or another vessel , again nothing will happen. I was able to work around this by saving a ton more than usual but it is rather time consuming. 

It seems to be making history that does this, I'm looking into it :)

Work on Beyond Home has now continued since Kopernicus has been updated. Expect an update soon! Look forward to reduced RAM usage and a 50% performance improvement with scatterer.

The changelog is gonna be big.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 4/2/2019 at 12:11 AM, zberry7 said:

Thank you good sir, i was running into this issue since 1.4.x with various Planet Packs but it was never so regularly then with this one. 

This is fantastic work. Well done, and thanks to Gameslinx.

Has anyone run this with kerbal health?

I'm hoping for some radiation config's. I'll write my own if not, but id love to avoid spoiling all these cool new planets just to research appropriate radiation settings. I Would much rather mutate a few kerbal generations by finding  someone elses  radiation levels in game (or i guess send probes :rolleyes:).

6 minutes ago, NipperySlipples said:

This is fantastic work. Well done, and thanks to Gameslinx.

Has anyone run this with kerbal health?

I'm hoping for some radiation config's. I'll write my own if not, but id love to avoid spoiling all these cool new planets just to research appropriate radiation settings. I Would much rather mutate a few kerbal generations by finding  someone elses  radiation levels in game (or i guess send probes :rolleyes:).

I have not written any patches for this, so I am doubtful any exist.

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

I have not written any patches for this, so I am doubtful any exist.

Is kerbal health something your interested in supporting? Having looked over your planet description's in game, you've come up with tons of cool ideas here and I would love to see what you would do with radiation in this system. A day in the mod makes me confident you would do a better job than me. So please consider this a feature request. 

The config's are small , simple and well documented in kerbal health's wiki. I'm happy to make some if your not interested. If that's the case, would you mind if I sent you a private message with some questions related to the planet compositions? The two values needed boil down to the % of radiation blocked by magnetosphere (if there is one) and the % of radiation absorbed in the atmosphere (again, if there is one).

And thanks again for all the work that must have gone into this planet pack.

5 hours ago, NipperySlipples said:

Is kerbal health something your interested in supporting? Having looked over your planet description's in game, you've come up with tons of cool ideas here and I would love to see what you would do with radiation in this system. A day in the mod makes me confident you would do a better job than me. So please consider this a feature request. 

The config's are small , simple and well documented in kerbal health's wiki. I'm happy to make some if your not interested. If that's the case, would you mind if I sent you a private message with some questions related to the planet compositions? The two values needed boil down to the % of radiation blocked by magnetosphere (if there is one) and the % of radiation absorbed in the atmosphere (again, if there is one).

And thanks again for all the work that must have gone into this planet pack.

I will create some myself :)

Thank you

10 minutes ago, iGGnitE said:

Hey, what's up with the community resources on the planets and moons? And does the pack work with SCANsat? Thanks!

There is no CRP support yet, and I believe it does work with Scansat

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I'm sorry to tell you that your mod doesn't fully work with Scansat. I've been playing your mod intensely for days now (I just love it), but biome scanning with Scansat doesn't work with all the planets.

For example, I sent a probe with Scansat parts to Hydrus to scan it in order to check the Biomes and have a biome map (this is the only reason I use Scansat), and for Hydrus I didn't have any correct display. It told me what biomes there were on it, but not where they were on the planet, and the biome map on Scansat is empty.

14 minutes ago, Wastel said:

I'm sorry to tell you that your mod doesn't fully work with Scansat. I've been playing your mod intensely for days now (I just love it), but biome scanning with Scansat doesn't work with all the planets.

For example, I sent a probe with Scansat parts to Hydrus to scan it in order to check the Biomes and have a biome map (this is the only reason I use Scansat), and for Hydrus I didn't have any correct display. It told me what biomes there were on it, but not where they were on the planet, and the biome map on Scansat is empty.

Interesting. It could be a result of the biomes on the map being close together, causing DDS compression to change the colour values. I've altered them for Hydrus so hopefully this is fixed in the next patch. Thank you

9 hours ago, iGGnitE said:

Hey, what's up with the community resources on the planets and moons? And does the pack work with SCANsat? Thanks!

9 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

CRP support is automatic as far as the USI mods are concerned. The typical crust resources that you get out of your drills for USI are already present, but resources in atmosphere, in oceans, in space are minimal/ nearly nill, and need to be manually setup. Depending on the planet maker, it can range from a very small job (placing a few common resources) to a very big job (placing and controlling several resources, including the USI ones, and on the per-biome level) and that's easily one of the least fun bits of creating a planet pack. Every planet automatically works with SCANsat except for the occasional bug with biomes or something else (actually, GPP suffered something similar once).

5 minutes ago, Bill the Kerbal said:

@Gameslinx

on anger (the views are awesome there, so i'm building a base and station) you cant scan for ore with scansat, because you need to be at least in a 25km orbit, but the highest orbit you can get is 14km.

also, is there Interstellar Consortium compatibility?

It's still a work in progress but I plan on it