[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

3 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, I notice I don't see much of your stuff on CKAN. Are you not supporting it? Just curious so I know if I should get the manual download or wait a bit more for a CKAN release.

CKAN is really unfriendly to the modder. With planet mods, an awful lot can go wrong when using ckan so I stick to a manual download

5 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

CKAN is really unfriendly to the modder. With planet mods, an awful lot can go wrong when using ckan so I stick to a manual download

Understand. I wish there were a built in, supported mod manager in KSP.

Hmm, I've got a KSC base (I turned on extra launch sites for this game), but I launched from Rhode mountain top, and now it doesn't take me back to KSP to the buildings. Only way to get into them is the buttons on the left hand side. Is this intentional?

Edit: Okay, I just used the KK button to re-select KSC as my launch site, and I'm back with all the clickable buildings.

Edited by AmpCat

5 hours ago, AmpCat said:

Hmm, I've got a KSC base (I turned on extra launch sites for this game), but I launched from Rhode mountain top, and now it doesn't take me back to KSP to the buildings. Only way to get into them is the buttons on the left hand side. Is this intentional?

Edit: Okay, I just used the KK button to re-select KSC as my launch site, and I'm back with all the clickable buildings.

Yeah it's a KK bug I'm afraid

12 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Yeah it's a KK bug I'm afraid

I found an option in the KK menu that I think is checked by default, to center on the last launch site. If you deselect it, you don't get this happening. Though you still get the camera put underwater/ground quite a bit. I think this is a Kopernicus issue, if I remember. Going into the VAB and back out fixes it.

Ran into another issue with the planet Rhode: Some of the landmarks, (such as the pyramids) don't seem to be around. You probably already know this, but wanted to be sure.

Edit: And yes, I know it might be intentional. Maybe issue is the wrong word. :) 

Edited by AmpCat

1 hour ago, AmpCat said:

Ran into another issue with the planet Rhode: Some of the landmarks, (such as the pyramids) don't seem to be around. You probably already know this, but wanted to be sure.

Edit: And yes, I know it might be intentional. Maybe issue is the wrong word. :) 

There's a cave behind and to the left of the KSC on the mountains if you face backwards :P

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

There's a cave behind and to the left of the KSC on the mountains if you face backwards :P

Wow. I was wondering. The pyramids were showing up on my hud but seemed to be inside the mountain. I figured it was just glitched. Bravo. :)

Edit: Okay, another quick question.. short of a dV map and trial and error, is there a scanner, or something in the space center that would tell me the altitude of an atmosphere on a given planet?

Edited by AmpCat

5 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, I'm not finding any sort of cave for the pyramids out near the desert airfield. Does it also have one?

Not near the desert airfield, near the main KSC. If you have Kerbal Konstructs installed there should be a cave on the top of the mountains just out of sight from the KSC. Either that, or I forgot to include them in the last patch lol

I saw some sort of mound with holes in it, but didn't see pyramids. I had the Making Aircraft Matter contract mod, and it gives a contract to visit the pyramids, but has the waypoint at the old coordinates. Which also seems to have a giant mesa. So was wondering if the mesa was related to the pyramids.

Another question... I noticed there's size/weight limits to the other launch sites. Is there the possibility of upgrading them somehow?

Okay, I've encountered a bad KK related bug. I launched from Lua, then when I clicked 'Space Center' from flight, it put the camera on the ground somewhere, but there's no buttons anywhere. Reloading the save doesn't help, though loading a quick save when I was focused on a ship does put me back in the ship. The only way I could even load the game was F9. Not sure how to get back to the space center now. Ideas? Need logs?

Edit: Okay, killing the game (had to go to the task manager) and reloading got me back to KSC. I'll let you know if I run into this again.

Edit2: Okay.. even then, when I used the tracking station to fly my ship, then went back to the space center, the same problem occurred. I noticed in the debug console a null pointer error or something of that sort. (I can get you details if you want). So I killed the game, started it up again and loaded the save, then while I was still at the KSC, I went into the hangar, hit the KK toolbar button and set the launch site back to KSC from Lua. THAT seems to have actually fixed it.

@Gameslinx, not sure if there's a way to force KK to always default back to KSC, but that could remedy this and the other issue I had.

Edited by AmpCat

13 hours ago, AmpCat said:

@Gameslinx, not sure if there's a way to force KK to always default back to KSC, but that could remedy this and the other issue I had.

Apparently in the KK settings either in the main menu or ingame, you can make it go back to the proper KSC. Until then, i'd raise this issue on the Kerbal Konstructs forum page rather than here because I can't fix any problems with it

1 minute ago, PhoenixRise86 said:

I just found out this pack existed last night, so I downloaded it this afternoon when I got home. Beautiful planets so far and nice built features/scatters! I need to upgrade my pc to handle EVE better...

Thank you! I hope you enjoy the mod :)

40 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

I was just wondering if there is a way to make the lava lakes on Ash actually glow so they can be seen even on the dark side of the moon.

Kopernicus Expansion does it, but I haven't added support for it just yet