[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

46 minutes ago, Autolyzed Yeast Extract said:

scatterer 0.0540 and 0.0530 aren't working at all with the current version of beyond gnome, and I don't know what the most recent working version is

0.054 should work - Did you download via CKAN? I might need a KSP.log if you can send it. Thank you!

If you downloaded through CKAN, try manually installing it

6 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Did you download via CKAN?

Yes

I might need a KSP.log if you can send it.

I can't actually, unless you're okay with me DMing it to you

If you downloaded through CKAN, try manually installing it

it fixed it but fate is somehow blocking the glare of destiny

Edited by Autolyzed Yeast Extract

5 hours ago, Programmdude said:

It's technically possible to fly on Lua. Getting enough air and lift was the main problem, so the plane is pretty much just a wing covered in air intakes.

Great planet pack, only thing that it's missing is a Delta-V chart ;)

0Otx0Z0.png

I'm still learning how to use Adobe Illustrator, which is what people use to make the DV charts, but there is one planned

So I "think" when you set the extraplanetary launchpad to Lua, then Kopernicus has fatal issues when you go back to the KSC. The camera goes funny and the UI breaks. From looking at the code, I'm guessing EL changes the home planet, and Kopernicus expects that Kerbin (Rhode) is always the home planet.

2 minutes ago, Maxi-Mio said:

hello gameslinx, I wonder where to find the link for the updated version when you publish it? should i use the same as for version 1.2?

Yes, Beyond Home 1.3 will be on GitHub and Spacedock. I'm still unsure about ckan because some people are having issues with it, and I have my reasons for disliking ckan, but yes - you'll be able to get BH 1.3 on GitHub first.

Still a little thing, I do not get the structures, I have the trees and stone but even with the maximum dispertion I do not have the explorable structure, is there an extension of kerbal konstructe to get them? or maybe I didn’t explore enough to find them?

3 minutes ago, Maxi-Mio said:

Still a little thing, I do not get the structures, I have the trees and stone but even with the maximum dispertion I do not have the explorable structure, is there an extension of kerbal konstructe to get them? or maybe I didn’t explore enough to find them?

Some of them haven't been added yet. You need to make sure your scatter density is at 100%. 

Then, you need to find then on the planet. Stuff like floating islands on Hydrus are easy to find, near the mountains. 

"Rescale" is done in "Sigma> Dimensions> Settings.cfg" or in "rescale> 10.625xKSP.cfg"?

I have this in 10.625xksp.cfg: @SigmaDimensions { // Basic parameters @Resize = 10.625 @Rescale = 10.625 @ Atmosphere = 1.25 @dayLengthMultiplier = 2

and that in Parameters of Sigma: SigmaDimensions { // Basic parameters Resize = 1 Resize = 1 Atmosphere = 1 dayLengthMultiplier = 1 // Advanced settings landscape = 1 geeASLmultiplier = 1 resizeScatter = 1 resizeBuildings = 0 tiled floor = 1 CustomSoISize = 0 CustomRingSize = 0 atmoASL = 1 tempASL = 1 atmoTopLayer = 1 atmoVisualEffect = 1 lightRange = 1 scanAltitude = 1 }

On 2/2/2020 at 10:01 AM, Maxi-Mio said:

"Rescale" is done in "Sigma> Dimensions> Settings.cfg" or in "rescale> 10.625xKSP.cfg"?

I have this in 10.625xksp.cfg: @SigmaDimensions { // Basic parameters @Resize = 10.625 @Rescale = 10.625 @ Atmosphere = 1.25 @dayLengthMultiplier = 2

and that in Parameters of Sigma: SigmaDimensions { // Basic parameters Resize = 1 Resize = 1 Atmosphere = 1 dayLengthMultiplier = 1 // Advanced settings landscape = 1 geeASLmultiplier = 1 resizeScatter = 1 resizeBuildings = 0 tiled floor = 1 CustomSoISize = 0 CustomRingSize = 0 atmoASL = 1 tempASL = 1 atmoTopLayer = 1 atmoVisualEffect = 1 lightRange = 1 scanAltitude = 1 }

I don't know. I don't use Rescale, it might be better to read up on the documentation, or ask for help in the mod thread

I've decided to do some big improvements to the planets if you don't have visual mods installed. Thanks to @JadeOfMaar he's put together some amazing Sunflares that work without Scatterer or EVE

I've spent some time remaking the atmosphere rims for people who don't use visual mods so that you guys can enjoy the planets as close to their scatterer counterparts as much as possible!

There are no visual mods in these pictures:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Very excited for the next update. Beyond Home is so fun!

I'm currently doing a 5x career on 1.7.3. Going great. I am having an issue with Lua's Space Center being buried under terrain at 5x rescale. Fortunately, the beginning of the runway pokes out of a mountain, letting me launch crafts safely!  Too funny. I doubt there is a way to make KK behave well with resized terrain :P

So far, the Beyond Home planet pack has felt by far the most 'alive' planet pack. Even stock feels like a dead wasteland.