[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Thanks for the insight!  Also thanks for the link to Astrogator, I wish I had noticed that mod a couple of years ago.  I kind of like the idea of not having a delta-V map.  I'm looking for a new solar system to explore, it makes sense that I won't know everything about a planet before I visit it the first time.  I'll start building a new modded install of KSP around this planet pack when I get back to my home computer (I've been traveling recently).

On 2/22/2020 at 6:59 PM, Gameslinx said:

mismatched resolution

Yeah, looks like that " half-resolution kraken" is chazing me. Just landed a seed vessel at the Gateway`s island, [848m ASL 9deg slope Degrasse Sea biome], and the terrain is pitch black except for the steep places(as far as i can see).

kiss_30kb.1584339039.png

I`ve investigated that. Looks like one of the "rock" textures, maybe both. Not going to hasten you anyway, is it safe to just type there another texture? Or maybe i can rescale those myself via graphical editor?

45 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

Yeah, looks like that " half-resolution kraken" is chazing me. Just landed a seed vessel at the Gateway`s island, [848m ASL 9deg slope Degrasse Sea biome], and the terrain is pitch black except for the steep places(as far as i can see).

kiss_30kb.1584339039.png

I`ve investigated that. Looks like one of the "rock" textures, maybe both. Not going to hasten you anyway, is it safe to just type there another texture? Or maybe i can rescale those myself via graphical editor?

Some people have been getting pitch black terrain, I think I linked at quick fix here a few pages back. I'll be releasing the fixed version soon with the new update. For now, you can try changing the file path and all should be good :)

4 minutes ago, Hohmannson said:

That was i. Your fix covered Lua, Armstrong, Tribute and Proxim, but looks like there are more badly scaling textures. Will try another textures for now, thanks.

I'll take a look. I wasn't having problems myself on any of the planets, but I know for sure that the regolith textures aren't powers of two sized. I'll make sure everything is set for 1.4 when that comes soon :)

@Gameslinx Great job !

I haven't found any "recent" info about Kopernicus Expansion.
CKAN provides different parts. Which one does BH use (if any) ?

I'm getting ready to explore planets after I fly a bit around Lua ! Can't wait. Thanks again for all the energy you've put into this treasure !

5 minutes ago, Challyss said:

@Gameslinx Great job !

I haven't found any "recent" info about Kopernicus Expansion.
CKAN provides different parts. Which one does BH use (if any) ?

I'm getting ready to explore planets after I fly a bit around Lua ! Can't wait. Thanks again for all the energy you've put into this treasure !

BH doesn't use Kopernicus Expansion because it is not updated yet. By different parts, what do you mean?

18 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

By different parts, what do you mean?

There's a breakdown in Kopernicus Expansion Continued :

Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Comet Tail
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Common
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Emissive FX
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - EVA Footprints
And so on.

2 minutes ago, Challyss said:

There's a breakdown in Kopernicus Expansion Continued :

Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Comet Tail
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Common
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - Emissive FX
Kopernicus Expansion Continued - EVA Footprints
And so on.

Ah, none of them are supported at the moment because they are not for 1.8.1 :) 

Hello guys,

I have a visual issue with the mod (its probably not the mod's issue). For some reason i have black textures on Lua (Rhode is ok), Armstrong, gas giants; etc. I have pretty much scrolled through the whole thread and found out that this might be due to directx 11. I did not find any solution in the thread (or i might have missed and i would be thankful if you pointed it out :) ). So is there any way to fix it? @Gameslinx

This is a really great mod and i would absolutely love to play through it and i would be greatful for the help :)

Here is the screenshot:

https://imgur.com/qQz1g2t

Edited by stickman050

1 hour ago, stickman050 said:

Hello guys,

I have a visual issue with the mod (its probably not the mod's issue). For some reason i have black textures on Lua (Rhode is ok), Armstrong, gas giants; etc. I have pretty much scrolled through the whole thread and found out that this might be due to directx 11. I did not find any solution in the thread (or i might have missed and i would be thankful if you pointed it out :) ). So is there any way to fix it? @Gameslinx

This is a really great mod and i would absolutely love to play through it and i would be greatful for the help :)

Here is the screenshot:

https://imgur.com/qQz1g2t

Here's a temporary fix. It's a known issue. Please pass this on if you see anyone also having this issue, I can't update the mod right now as I'm close to 1.4, but it will be fixed ASAP

Add these textures into BeyondHome/Terrain/PluginData, replacing the files it tells you to.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ozrlv6sip1i2kfj/Terrain.zip?dl=0

@GameslinxOkay, so here's the feedback concerning the fix. It seems to not have fixed the problem fully, but the textures are not as black as they used to be. The thing is that textures kind of "lose" their color when you are moving closer to the planet. I took a couple of screenshots once again to show this issue. (Testing the mod without scatterer and EVE so that the game loads faster and there are no visual add-ons to mess with the texutures). 

So, when you zoom in our out your craft the planet's texture drastically change to grey-ish. Although Gateway seems fine. Also tried placing the craft on different altitudes (see Scindo screenshot), its the same effect to the textures as zooming in our out of the craft.

Screenshots (Zoomed in - out: Lua, Armstrong, Gateway and Scindo):

https://imgur.com/a/ck2ZuNe

1 hour ago, stickman050 said:

@GameslinxOkay, so here's the feedback concerning the fix. It seems to not have fixed the problem fully, but the textures are not as black as they used to be. The thing is that textures kind of "lose" their color when you are moving closer to the planet. I took a couple of screenshots once again to show this issue. (Testing the mod without scatterer and EVE so that the game loads faster and there are no visual add-ons to mess with the texutures). 

So, when you zoom in our out your craft the planet's texture drastically change to grey-ish. Although Gateway seems fine. Also tried placing the craft on different altitudes (see Scindo screenshot), its the same effect to the textures as zooming in our out of the craft.

Screenshots (Zoomed in - out: Lua, Armstrong, Gateway and Scindo):

https://imgur.com/a/ck2ZuNe

All that has been fixed for 1.4. They're not really bugs, just mismatches in the PQS and Scaled materials, it depends on your ambient brightness settings. Thanks :)

The description of Lua suggests that I can unlock a launch site on the moon for a large amount of funds. How does this work? I'm in science mode, so I'm not sure how to purchase it, or if that is necessary? Do I need to discover the launch site first?

7 minutes ago, Trigonaut said:

The description of Lua suggests that I can unlock a launch site on the moon for a large amount of funds. How does this work? I'm in science mode, so I'm not sure how to purchase it, or if that is necessary? Do I need to discover the launch site first?

If you have Kerbal Konstructs installed, you can go into the editor, select the "KK" button on the bottom right and open the Lua Base. It costs funds, but only in career mode.

6 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

I'm having a slight issue with the mod , for some reason it's not saving my graphics settings . Every time I start the game I have to reset the Graphics in settings . the settings says " New Text " if that's a clue as too why ? 

Don't worry, it's a Kopernicus bug, but the actual setting you are using will be the right one. Set the slider all the way to the right and hit apply just to make sure. 

Deleting your settings.cfg will let you set the quality with the proper title, but any time you launch the game after setting it, it'll break itself again. 

Don't worry about it, I've passed this on :)

8 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Don't worry, it's a Kopernicus bug, but the actual setting you are using will be the right one. Set the slider all the way to the right and hit apply just to make sure. 

Deleting your settings.cfg will let you set the quality with the proper title, but any time you launch the game after setting it, it'll break itself again. 

Don't worry about it, I've passed this on :)

Aha , thanks for the prompt reply . thought I had installed the mod wrong lol