[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

On 4/11/2020 at 2:46 AM, Gameslinx said:

I need your KSP.log, which can be found in your Kerbal Space Program folder.

Beyond Home is a planet mod and adds almost no actual code to the game. Unless you are not meeting the system requirements stated in the OP, it is highly unlikely that you will crash because of it.

Seems reinstalling one of my mods, not sure which one fixed the issue.  

I do have another question, is there a way to upgrade the lua base so I can launch heavier rockets from there?

1 minute ago, sacredbacon said:

I'm having an issue where I'm splashed down but not actually in the water. It's strange because my vessel still bobs like it's in water. Here's some images

https://imgur.com/a/zumRO6m

You're 32m above sea level. You're not splashed down. I've heard OPT parts cause that bug.

Edited by Gameslinx

On 4/10/2020 at 9:54 PM, Gameslinx said:

Rescale makes it harder to reach certain places, so if you find the default system too easy, then rescale is how you make it more challenging!

It's definitely not required at all, I don't play with rescale.

Ok thx :).

I have a problem with scatterer. When I install it, the sunflares are broken (stars looks like a normal planet, they are not shinny). When I uninstall "scatter" and "scatterer default config", "scatterer sunflares" are fully operationnal.

I use CKAN.

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem ?

Thx

4 minutes ago, Odevall said:

Ok thx :).

I have a problem with scatterer. When I install it, the sunflares are broken (stars looks like a normal planet, they are not shinny). When I uninstall "scatter" and "scatterer default config", "scatterer sunflares" are fully operationnal.

I use CKAN.

Do you have any idea how to fix this problem ?

Thx

Install scatterer manually instead of through CKAN and see if that works

a while ago you said you would update GPO but nothing has been said for years(until i started talking about it)

it just seems sad that all the amazing mods you have made have been killed due to players wanting updates to the game

please consider bringing it up to 1.7.3/1.8.1

same for before kerbin

37 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

a while ago you said you would update GPO but nothing has been said for years(until i started talking about it)

it just seems sad that all the amazing mods you have made have been killed due to players wanting updates to the game

please consider bringing it up to 1.7.3/1.8.1

same for before kerbin

I only work on something if I enjoy it, since that's why I started modding in the first place. I'll come back to GPO/BK/AK eventually but it is a lot of work. And I mean a lot of work, it's no easy feat especially with the new terrain shader, so it will be a while.

On 3/13/2020 at 11:20 PM, Mattasmack said:

I like to play with a life support mod and some sort of colonization / off-world construction mod, since these help maintain the belief that my kerbals are doing something in their bases while the game isn't focused on them.  I see that this mod supports Kerbalism, but that's more hardcore than I like to get with life support.  Does this mod play well with USI life support and colonization mods?  Or are there others that would be a better choice here?

Are there other mods that folks would recommend to use with this planet pack?  Propulsion or other parts packs that prove handy on some of the other worlds?  Anything that really enhances the experience?

For life support you can try [easiest] USI LS or WBI Snacks! with their hab features turned off. Bump difficulty a bit [medium-low] by turning on USI habitation or Stress! (within Snacks!) respectively. Or [medium] not activate those hab features and install Kerbal Health which is a complementary habitation mod (not a life support mod in the typical sense). It brings a Kerbalism lite kind of experience and works well with all life support mods.

Instead of USI or WBI, there's TAC  of course, but that has no built-in habitation feature.

As for parts and propulsion I'd look at anything that makes spaceplanes more attractive. BH has many worlds with atmospheres, seemingly 12, and 8 of these are breathable so you can use all sorts of fancy air-breathing engines like ramjets and scramjets, and nuclear jet engines for the remaining 4 un-breathable atmospheres.

• NF Aeronautics is a pack of engines for every occasion. It has VTOL fans and should have turbofans/propfans allowing for exceptional flight times, a few multimode engines, and atomic jets and rockets for planes, and intakes for days. I specifically list this one first. If I could persuade @Gameslinx to add just one more part mod to his playthrough, it would be this. It would help loads with his science planes.
  • NF Propulsion expands the selection of ion engines. You have bigger tanks and engines for Xenon, and you get options for Argon gas. Cheaper, more abundant, lower density though.
  • NF Electric, NF Solar to power your ion engines and your life support devices.
  • Mk2 or Mk3 Stockalike Expansion, Mk3 Hypersonic Systems for plane parts of all sorts, and jet engines, especially scramjet engines if you ever feel the itch to attempt aerodynamic ascent vehicles that operate at hypersonic speeds (Mach 6+) on LF + Air...like a "Gateway Ascent Vehicle." ;)
  • APUS or Mk2.5 Shuttle for 2.5m-ish spaceplane bodies.

There are really only two mods that enable off-world construction:

• Extraplanetary Launchpads (EL) which uses RocketParts to build crafts. Its parts aren't too eye-pleasing but I believe it's the less complex of the two.
    • SimpleConstruction reduces EL to just its features added to stock parts and integrates well with simpler base parts mods.
  • Global Construction uses MaterialKits (and I think SpecializedParts). Its parts do look great but I do believe it's a more complex mod. It integrates easily with MKS.

The popular base parts mods:

• SSPXr - Nertea's station parts are well suited for building bases in the form of tall/standing cylinders. It includes cradles and adjustable legs that adapt to terrain slope. Its compatibility with ISRU-centered mods is on a level on its own. It's quite compatible with USI, EL, TAC, surely Kerbalism (needs confirmation) and WBI Snacks! but not so much the rest of the WBI ecosystem.
  • USI MKS (with the Machinery requirement and hab gameplay switches both in the off position) becomes a big and beautiful parts pack that won't make any demands and will keep gameplay simple...Except that you'll still have several kerbal traits (other than Pilot, Engineer, Scientist) to deal with.
  • WBI Pathfinder provides inflatable/deflatable pieces and has a heavy reliance on KIS, KAS. It was originally intent on being mobile. You deflate and pack away your base when you're done in one biome, then you can take it to another biome and do science etc. Its industrial activity gameplay is like what you'd expect with USI MKS, but isn't as intensive, and things are very, very configurable. It even has a "play mode" where it dumps all its converters and modules and becomes purely aesthetic. It integrates with Extraplanetary Launchpads and OSE Workshop very nicely.
  • KPBS is the top stockalike system for permanent bases. Its parts don't inflate so you're going to need the usual tedious things like cranes and rovers to move segments around, and lots of docking ports in order to connect them.
  • Planetary Domes is a very nice but very basic mod for glass domes and connecting tunnels. It has some support in it for TAC and USI.

Other mods I'd name are SCANsat & Waypoint Manager. An epic QoL mod combination. The mapping and waypoint marker features are leagues above those of KerbNet.

Finally, (shameless self promo time) if you really like ISRU, I just released configs for BH in a mod of mine which changes the resource load-outs on planets, adds several ISRU chains focused on fuel and life support (mainly TAC and Kerbalism), and adds an orbiting-only experiment to the Narrowband Scanner. Rational Resources. Screenshot is in sandbox mode so no science value. Its bundled parts mod adds a few sample engines that you can get creative with, namely a Panther nuclear turbojet and two clones of the NERV which are able to use other resources for more thrust/less Isp in new and convenient situations, particularly water, for double thrust and half the Isp.d35tr6l.jpg

Edited by JadeOfMaar

4 hours ago, catloaf said:

Help, there is a bug. The two stars do not have any sunrays when in flight mode. they look like there obstructed even thought they clearly are not.

I need screenshots and a log or there's nothing I can do.

10 hours ago, catloaf said:

Help, there is a bug. The two stars do not have any sunrays when in flight mode. they look like there obstructed even thought they clearly are not.

I had the same problem, reinstalling scatterer sunflare fixed it.

I'm having some trouble with rescale. When i try to land on Armstrong, the vessel just clips into the terrain an than explouds. I did not atempt to land in other body, so i do not know if this is a problem with Armstrong, or will happen everywere. In using rescale 2,5x

1 hour ago, Bloodjack said:

I'm having some trouble with rescale. When i try to land on Armstrong, the vessel just clips into the terrain an than explouds. I did not atempt to land in other body, so i do not know if this is a problem with Armstrong, or will happen everywere. In using rescale 2,5x

Delete your settings.cfg and set your terrain quality to maximum. Rescale seems to break something and that's the only way to fix it.

On 4/20/2020 at 10:57 AM, Bloodjack said:

I have the same issue and tried the same fix, but it didn't work. Did you get it working? However I'm not using rescale.

Edited by sacredbacon

12 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

Sorry to ask again but it is possible to upgrade the Lua base?  If there is a setting or button I'm not seeing it.  

And love the mod, def top 10 kerbal mod

You cannot upgrade the base, due to Kerbal Konstructs limitations, unfortunately!

@Gameslinx Destiny's sunflare is not working properly, I don't have scatterer because it drives up the crash rate, slows  the game down, and can make kohm unlandable(high gravity, clouds(lag), scatterer(more LAG)) My pc does not lag anywhere but armstrong and kohm is there a way to reduce lag. also do I need scatterer for the sunflares to work properly.