[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Hello everyone! I am currently working on adding some custom contracts to BH (for use with Contract Configurator of course) and was wondering if most people play with unmanned-first tech trees or kerbals-first (like the stock one).

Here is the poll: https://www.strawpoll.me/19941401

The current Todo list can be found at https://github.com/Gameslinx/BeyondHomePlanetMod/issues/2

===========================================================================================

@Motokid600 Use Sigma Dimensions. A simple division problem will tell you the scale factor you need, and once you have that just modify Rescale to use it.

16 minutes ago, KingKerb said:

Just wondering, could you make Duna the same size as it is in stock or smaller. Right now, it's even bigger than Rhode, which realistically shouldn't be the case.

Beyond Home continues from After Kerbin, where Duna is significantly larger than it is in the stock game (due to terraforming via asteroid bombarbment) 

On 5/3/2020 at 9:00 PM, DeltaDizzy said:

@Motokid600 Use Sigma Dimensions. A simple division problem will tell you the scale factor you need, and once you have that just modify Rescale to use it.

What about biome parameters, atmospherics scales, thickness and the like. Is that easily handled via those mods or do I have to go through each one?

Hi all

Ok so I aint gonna lie I have spent almost a day trying to figure out issues with my 1.8.1 install of KSP

I am rocking a lot of mods but  I have limited my issues of

freezing on scene changes some times

freezing when coming out of settings screen

Kopernicus collider issues (yep using latest version that was meant to fix this issue).

I was using Scatterer,EVE,SIG skybox,Beyond home and latest kopernicus but I am having way to many issues.

Am i alone on this some times loading the game I get to the very end and it just sits there :( so I restart and it will some times load.

Little issues like this.

I so want to use this mod though its amazing :(

Thanks

Edited by stk2008

43 minutes ago, stk2008 said:

Hi all

Ok so I aint gonna lie I have spent almost a day trying to figure out issues with my 1.8.1 install of KSP

I am rocking a lot of mods but  I have limited my issues of

freezing on scene changes some times

freezing when coming out of settings screen

Kopernicus collider issues (yep using latest version that was meant to fix this issue).

I was using Scatterer,EVE,SIG skybox,Beyond home and latest kopernicus but I am having way to many issues.

Am i alone on this some times loading the game I get to the very end and it just sits there :( so I restart and it will some times load.

Little issues like this.

I so want to use this mod though its amazing :(

Thanks

My advice is to not assume the bug is due to my mod if you have a million other ones installed. I only work with installs that have barely or no other mods installed except the ones Beyond Home uses.

Try removing your other mods and if the issues persist upload your KSP.log here.

Edited by Gameslinx

I just tested again with this mod and kopernicus installed (also all my other mods)

first time it started fine so I closed KSP second time it just froze at the very end of loading.

Dont get me wrong it may well be one of my other mods conflicting with this mod but if I remove this mod and kopernicus I can load into the game first time every time.

I shall keep testing though :)

I shall test with just this mod and kopernicus installed.

edit

just tested with

this mod and kopernicus and still get this error which I thought was fixed in latest kopernicus?

Kz49TTf.jpg

Thanks

edit

I am thinking its Kopernicus

I run the

-forcedx11 and -nopopupwindow in my start up could that be a reason for the freezes on load some times?

Any way thanks

Edited by stk2008

22 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

also Can I do Continuity mod, im calling it the escape to tempus and it essentially is after kerbin, but the tempus system is there for you to escape to if you so choose

you must take the lore into account, for example Lua shouldn't be terraformed, and Hydrus shouldn't be magnetized

Yes, lua and rhode will not be terafromed, ash would not be there, and there would be more lava on fury, also the gateway system would still be forming, also yes, hydrus will not be magnetized but it will keep the atmosphere

Hi all!

Thanks, the game is awesome.

Did you manage to solve the question with finding the anomalies though? It's not so fun to play when you can't find them with a scanner (or any other tool). There were no good news about that in February, but it is almost three months since then... So, is there any luck?

Anyway, thanks again for Beyond Home. It's the best game I've ever played!

1 hour ago, KiraMate said:

Hi all!

Thanks, the game is awesome.

Did you manage to solve the question with finding the anomalies though? It's not so fun to play when you can't find them with a scanner (or any other tool). There were no good news about that in February, but it is almost three months since then... So, is there any luck?

Anyway, thanks again for Beyond Home. It's the best game I've ever played!

The anomalies use the terrain scatter system which don't support the ability to be found by scans, I'm afraid :(

I have a (few) issues while trying to load this mod.

Im running KSP 1.8.1 and every time i load the game with the mods, i get 3 errors, also no saves (new or old) will load, and obviously, the mod doesnt work whatsoever.

I've provided images of the errors that show up and my Game Data folder along with MS Word files of KSP log, Module Manager Log and some other Logs as well.

A .zip of all the files can be found here on Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VarJCfV-iNczojfazztEjhsJ9BKQg0_e/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated :) 

44 minutes ago, KSP Guy said:

I have a (few) issues while trying to load this mod.

Im running KSP 1.8.1 and every time i load the game with the mods, i get 3 errors, also no saves (new or old) will load, and obviously, the mod doesnt work whatsoever.

I've provided images of the errors that show up and my Game Data folder along with MS Word files of KSP log, Module Manager Log and some other Logs as well.

A .zip of all the files can be found here on Gdrive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VarJCfV-iNczojfazztEjhsJ9BKQg0_e/view?usp=sharing

Any help would be appreciated :) 

You have not followed in the installation instructions correctly. You just put the .zip files into GameData, you need to extract them.

Your GameData folder should look like this:

wMElmJg.png

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

You have not followed in the installation instructions correctly. You just put the .zip files into GameData, you need to extract them.

Your GameData folder should look like this:

wMElmJg.png

I did that but I still get the same errors 

1 hour ago, Gameslinx said:

Post your new KSP.log please

KSP.Log in MS Word format along with some screenshots can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BkZopYMjq8bJIAOp1aDFxXXvFokATeoH/view?usp=sharing

In case that it doesn't help, I've also attached a .zip of my whole game (KSP 1.8.1 for Mac): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ukBjQ9_I0K5cNaSwwzZhJT4Izg27sMVr/view?usp=sharing

Edited by KSP Guy

This is the best planet mod I have ever played. Unlike other mods, BH provides many unique features, I really enjoy it.

I start to play it 2 weeks ago, I can still remember my first time landing on Ash, the magma, mountains make the world pretty different and real. When I was landing on Lua for the first time, I’m so curious that why such tiny ball can own atmosphere.

Now I have visited a lot of planet and their nature satellites, I found an issue when I try to landing on Fury. When I send unmanned test craft to land on Fury, everything seem work fine, the green sunset impress me a lot. But I can’t landing properly when I tried  manned craft. I make landing like this: 1. aero brake with heat shield; 2. open parachute when velocity reduce to about 300m/s; 3. drop heat shield, I can see that heat shield collision with ground. 4. When I get close to the ground like 100 meters, start engine to reduce velocity to a safe range like 5m/s. Things goes wrong when I touch the ground, it should touch with ground, but I was just get across the ground and continue falling down, after a few seconds(like 3 or 5) the craft exploded and left nothing. This happened many times, I restart the game, restart my PC, but it’s not working.

So, I got confused, Is Fury able to landing( I guess so ) ? Do I met a bug?

10 hours ago, Hpl said:

Set the terrain quality to high

if it doesn’t work then quicksave and then quickload 

I had the same problem on Armstrong and that fixed it

thanks, I will try it out later, it only happens on Fury, the rest planets are fine.