[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

16 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

That's an artifact of scatterer, and the pixelated textures are a bug with KSP's 1.8 terrain shader - It's fixed on 1.9, but we're waiting for Kopernicus to update

Thanks for letting me know, ive been pulling my hair out for 2 weeks trying to figure out what it is.

Without visuals or other mods it actually runs better than stock so I think yes, don’t mod it too much tho

On 3/7/2019 at 5:25 PM, Gameslinx said:
  • 6GB RAM (System memory)
  • 1-2GB VRAM (Graphics memory)

Although...

Hi! Unfortunately, I can not find any anomalies on the nearest planets and their satellites. Perhaps you could give some recommendations for finding them? I would be very grateful to you, as I counted on SCANSat.

@KiraMate The fancy objects that you'll see all over the worlds in this mod are as ground scatters. They are not as anomalies or DLC ROCs so SCANsat will not reveal them. The only way is to get close as with a lander, and have scatter density turned up in terrain settings.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

Has anyone made a kerbal Experience (XP) table for this planetary mod? So far I've gained 2XP from Rhode (orbit), 2XP from Armstrong (orbit) and 5XP from Lua (plant a flag), totaling 9XP and 2* kerbals. I was wondering what are the base XP values for this mod, and the multipliers for each planet/moon.

Edit: I believe I figured out the multipliers, they are likely the science "recoveryValue" multipliers. Therefore the multipliers would be: Lua 2x, Armstrong 1.5x and Ash 2.5x, which would correspond my (limited) gained XP so far. Just started playing with this mod yesterday, and haven't played KSP in more than 2 years. 

Edited by MrYawnie
Figured it out I believe

21 hours ago, MrYawnie said:

Has anyone made a kerbal Experience (XP) table for this planetary mod? So far I've gained 2XP from Rhode (orbit), 2XP from Armstrong (orbit) and 5XP from Lua (plant a flag), totaling 9XP and 2* kerbals. I was wondering what are the base XP values for this mod, and the multipliers for each planet/moon. 

I didn't find any Experience table, so I made my own. I've added a long dash to the slots that should not be applicable (no flying in non-atmospheric planets, no landing/flag planting in bodies where kerbals would not survive). I've only started playing with this mod yesterday so correct me if I'm wrongly added a long dash, and I'll fix the table. Please also let me know if there's other non-survivable/landable planets. 

uKv0jgX.png

Edited by MrYawnie
Added back Fury and Gateway Landing and Planting a flag as apparently it is possible without kerbal dying?

28 minutes ago, MrYawnie said:

I didn't find any Experience table, so I made my own. I've added a long dash to the slots that should not be applicable (no flying in non-atmospheric planets, no landing/flag planting in bodies where kerbals would not survive). I've only started playing with this mod yesterday so correct me if I'm wrongly added a long dash, and I'll fix the table. Please also let me know if there's other non-survivable/landable planets. 

70hCYhx.png

Fury and Gateway are landable at specific biomes and... yes, you can plant a flag. 

5 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Fury and Gateway are landable at specific biomes and... yes, you can plant a flag. 

Interesting. I was aware you could land a drone to Gateway as I've seen it on the author's YT series. But I was pretty certain a kerbal would die, and that's what I believe Linx said also in the video? So I thought that would be the case with Fury as well.

So it's interesting if both are survivable with a kerbal after all without cheats. I can edit the photo and add those numbers back later today. 

Edited by MrYawnie

9 hours ago, Friznit said:

CommNet Antenna Extension or you might need something even bigger like JX2 Antenna

it doesnt let me install the extention from ckan for some reason and whenever i enter sandbox the JX2 antenna doesnt show

whenever i finish loading in, TweakScale says i have 9 errors or problems, can anyone help?

https://imgur.com/kmInGGG

Edited by Drupegod02

The reflection is a signal amplifier, it augments the range of your antennas

So you need an antenna to use it

Also, same thing I said on the event horizon thread

you can control a probe from a manned capsule even if you have no connection to space center

Only some probes and pods can do it though

45 minutes ago, Hpl said:

The reflection is a signal amplifier, it augments the range of your antennas

So you need an antenna to use it

Also, same thing I said on the event horizon thread

you can control a probe from a manned capsule even if you have no connection to space center

Only some probes and pods can do it though

what do you mean by "you can control a probe from a manned capsule even if you have no connection to space center" 

What would be the best antennas?

Can you elaborate about "how the reflector is a signal amplifier"?

The reflector won’t work without an antenna 

the reflector isn’t an antenna, it just increases the power of them

the best stock antennas are the communotron 100 and the big relay antenna

If you have a manned craft and a probe, the manned craft can control the probe even if it has no connection to ksc, that’s normally required to control a probe, although only some command pods an probe cores have this ability