[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

2 minutes ago, coyotesfrontier said:

@Drupegod02 If you aren't getting a response, there's probably a good reason for it. Act mature, try to fix the problem yourself, and do not spam any more posts about it.

Ok, thank you for telling me that but i wouldn't try to spam or do any of this if i knew how to fix it. Is there a way to look for help without spamming?

Neither GPO, AK or BK work on 1.8.1 or 1.9.1

i think GPO should work on 1.7.3, as well as the other two, i don't know why GPO didn't work on 1.4.3

Also you are just spamming on threads about old mods, if you have frequent questions i suggest you to join the discord

Edited by Hpl

1 hour ago, Drupegod02 said:

( I AM ONLY POSTING HERE BECAUSE I AM NOT GETTING A RESPONSE FROM GPO)

You're not getting a response from GPO for a reason

Does GPO work with 1.9.1 and if so, will i have to download scatterer 0.052? or can i keep the newest release?

This is why you didn't get a response. Read the thread title:

jaqAwpj.png

???? https://imgur.com/a/pnoUfru ( i tried to use scatterer 0.0520 on 1.8.1)

Refer to my image above. You decided to roll back to KSP 1.8.1 but there was a key flaw in your logic - GPO is for 1.4.3. You should have expected it to not work.

When I reverted to 1.4.3 for GPO it said it was incompatible with 1.4.3

So when you eventually reverted back to 1.4.3 you didn't check to see if it worked? AVC has some huge flaws and I ditched it a long time ago. Between your version swapping something must have gotten mixed up because it won't give you an incompatible error for the correct versions installed

TL;DR You're spamming my gmail inbox (You admitted to it yourself in your post above), I see everything. I didn't respond because if you can't be bothered to use the proper KSP version, your bug report is irrelevant :P 

Edited by Gameslinx

On 6/27/2020 at 11:52 AM, Lucaspec72 said:

Is there a way to add the tempus system around the default kerbol star system ?

That just gave me an idea, what if there was a mod that was the tempus system during the present of the Kerbol system? (When the Kerbals still lived on Kerbin)

That idea has been suggested since BH was made public, and I believe even Linx planned to make it in a start

There has been multiple plans and even attempts to do it but no one has concluded into something yet

14 minutes ago, Hpl said:

That idea has been suggested since BH was made public, and I believe even Linx planned to make it in a start

There has been multiple plans and even attempts to do it but no one has concluded into something yet

Oh ok

59 minutes ago, Kjonde564 said:

That just gave me an idea, what if there was a mod that was the tempus system during the present of the Kerbol system? (When the Kerbals still lived on Kerbin)

That would take another 2 years to do by myself, so most certainly not!

I mean it would take a bit of effort and I couldn't redistribute it but I physically could add the beyond home system outside of kerbol but it would be the one by beyond kerbol, and it wouldn't be compatible with the narrative because the tempus system couldn't have been formed in present kerbol because if that were true the larger star would have exploded well before they even moved out of kerbin, let alone solitude.

Anyways i MIGHT make the mod I previously described for myself but I couldn't distribute it without explicit permission from gameslinx, which is very unlikely.

On 6/25/2020 at 10:04 AM, DanThe#Man said:

I'm loving the pack so far, but I'm having some weird graphical issues. Firstly, after playing for a while the ground scatter starts to get all messed up for some reason, resulting in trees floating in the air at odd angles or spawning in the ocean. Reloading the game via a quicksave fixes it temporarily but it still happens again after a while. Also, Armstrong's terrain looks weird, with patchworks of terrain textures rather than one whole thing (it looks fine from map view, and I haven't verified if other planets are affected by this).

I'm not running any graphics mods other than the ones recomended (EVE, Scatter, etc).

https://imgur.com/r0n9dEK
https://imgur.com/QEccKF7
https://imgur.com/xovloCs

Sorry to thread hijack a bit, but I just wanted to say at least two of those bugs have been fixed, or attempted to be fixed.  The scatter one at least is certainly fixed.

But yeah, absolutely due to unstable state of Kopernicus.

Awesome looking planet pack, and I'm starting to think this may be the location of my next career when I'm done with my current RP-1 save.

It's great that 2.5x with Rescale is supported.  In the past, Rescale has introduced some glitches with stock or other planet packs which can compromise certain terrain or Easter eggs.  Does anyone know if those surface features are affected with Beyond Home at 2.5x?  I'd like to do things a bit bigger than stock, but it's more important that I have an opportunity to visit and appreciate all the details which have been put into this mod.

@Norcalplanner Beyond Home has a few selling points that put it on the same level as JNSQ imo. For this planet mod, the greatest of these is the many custom terrain scatter objects (made by Linx himself) and the unique ability to perform custom EVA science on them and read their custom reports (all written by Linx). This ability (or the total sheer span of Linx's efforts to make science progression interesting) rivals the science experience of the DLC (there is no requirement on the DLC. Kopernicus provides this). You're not going to care anymore about the stock anomalies when you reach the homeworld's first moon! Let alone nearly every planet and moon in the home system.

Spoiler

You're not going to care about them when you see the bio-luminescent trees around the KSC here.

Edited by JadeOfMaar

3 hours ago, JadeOfMaar said:

@Norcalplanner Beyond Home has a few selling points that put it on the same level as JNSQ imo. For this planet mod, the greatest of these is the many custom terrain scatter objects (made by Linx himself) and the unique ability to perform custom EVA science on them and read their custom reports (all written by Linx). This ability (or the total sheer span of Linx's efforts to make science progression interesting) rivals the science experience of the DLC (there is no requirement on the DLC. Kopernicus provides this). You're not going to care anymore about the stock anomalies when you reach the homeworld's first moon! Let alone nearly every planet and moon in the home system.

@JadeOfMaar That's sort of what I did a poor job of asking.  I don't care about the stock anomalies, but I want to see everything this planet pack has to offer.  The only question in my mind is whether applying a 2.5x rescale will have negative effects on any of the custom objects, situations, terrain, and other goodness in this mod.  If everything correctly survives the transition to a larger scale, then that's what I'd like to do so I have an excuse to design bigger rockets.  If there's any significant negative impact on all the special goodies in Beyond Home caused by going 2.5x, then I'll happily forgo the larger scale so I can experience everything correctly.  

Edited by Norcalplanner

@Norcalplanner I don't think any negative effects exist except for a small issue I have with atmosphere edges. There's a bit of bluntness (see "wall of air" problem) to them which will make reentry difficult.

You'll have more reason to upscale the system because the homeworld is easier than stock Kerbin. It has less gravity and atmosphere.

@Motokid600 Rhode is -not- Kerbin so I say you have more reason to make it what you like.

• JNSQ (2.7x) Kerbin's atmo height is 85km.
  • 2.5x stock Kerbin has 90km (that's too much as some will say).
  • If you used RSS proportions and scaled down you'd end up with a terrifying 14km at stock scale.

The most important thing I guess to consider is how you like your gravity turns. Atmo height most readily affects those.