[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

9 hours ago, daybolt said:

i have installed beyound home and every time i boot ksp up it says modular flight intergrater is not installed and when i load in there is nothing just vanilla ksp

Well, there's your problem!

You need to install Modular Flight Integrator. It comes with Kopernicus

16 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Well, there's your problem!

You need to install Modular Flight Integrator. It comes with Kopernicus

ok i have done that now and when im loading in it says that it is installed correctly but when im in theres nothing from beyond home

A few issues ive been meaning to ask about. So far the biggest one is this. Is this from the 2.5x rescale? Ill post logs if its not inevitable. This unfotunaly cannot be solved with a scene reload. The other issue can. Floating scatter objects. Trees, rocks etc. Ive had a tree right in front of the runway once on a landing. o.O.

Edited by Motokid600

The first problem (image) is caused by the terrain shader, and there isn’t anything you can do about it im pretty sure, as for the floating scatters what ksp and kopernicus version are you in?

that was a problem in a previous KopC but it was fixed on release 4 iirc

9 minutes ago, Hpl said:

there isn’t anything you can do

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

Ill post logs if its not inevitable

Seems to be a template-related bug if it is on 1.9 or later. Temporary and unsupported fix is to go through all planet configs and change template = Laythe to template = Eve and template = Tylo to template = Minmus. About scatters - make sure your terrain quality is Beyond home - High

2 hours ago, Hohmannson said:

Temporary and unsupported fix is to go through all planet configs and change template = Laythe to template = Eve and template = Tylo to template = Minmus.

What does that do exactly? Will it affect anything else?

27 minutes ago, Motokid600 said:

What does that do exactly? Will it affect anything else?

It changes the Kopernicus template of planets. For Beyond Home it means nothing, because all the planets in pack are stripped off all their properties and are created from scratch. But. Tylo and Laythe templates used for most BH bodies are currently bugged because of Squad`s unfinished revamp, causing the checkers to appear. So replace them(Laythe to Eve, Tylo to Minmus), clean the Cache folder in BH directory and you`ll be fine. Well, worked for me at least.

Edited by Hohmannson

44 minutes ago, metadomino said:

Also, you mentioned that you can launch directly from Lua with low tonnage, where is that option/ how do you enable it?

Install Kerbal Konstructs and you can open it for credits in carreer mode, or for free in science/sandbox.

I really love this planetpack, its beautiful and diverse. Currently playing an medium modded carrer with this, here's a photo of returning from Angstrom and Ash (i got 2000ms Delta-V extra so i went to Ash)

5XyG8P4.png

Edited by GabrielNav

45 minutes ago, ZRsilence said:

When I land on fury, the lander always lands on the ground and explodes. Is this the planet itself or a bug?

Falling through the ground seems to happen at low altitudes (near the ocean) but I don't know what's causing it. I'm looking into it but I haven't found anything yet

On 8/12/2020 at 10:53 AM, Gameslinx said:

Falling through the ground seems to happen at low altitudes (near the ocean) but I don't know what's causing it. I'm looking into it but I haven't found anything yet

That's interesting, I found the 'ocean' to be the safest place to land. :D

Ssg6fn9.jpg?1

Everywhere else, the altimeter didn't match the physical terrain, so you could crash into a termination line and be destroyed as if you're inside the planet, or fall through the terrain.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2020 at 7:40 PM, Hohmannson said:

It changes the Kopernicus template of planets. For Beyond Home it means nothing, because all the planets in pack are stripped off all their properties and are created from scratch. But. Tylo and Laythe templates used for most BH bodies are currently bugged because of Squad`s unfinished revamp, causing the checkers to appear. So replace them(Laythe to Eve, Tylo to Minmus), clean the Cache folder in BH directory and you`ll be fine. Well, worked for me at least.

So weeks after doing this I noticed an issue with lighting. Upon making this template name change it seems certain bodies no longer receive sunlight. As if they're stuck in a permanent eclipse. Any ideas? And again is this the 2.5x rescale that's causing the checkering issue? Ill consider removing it and going stock scale if so.

Edited by Motokid600

I've made third version of my Principia patch:

Here

Now it's stable for more than 2500 years!

Spoiler

Kerbalism and overheating issues were not fixed, because I don't know how to fix them. Both are connected to the fact that I made Destiny the internal sun (Principia makes Destiny and Fate real binaries without using fake barycenter body)

Use this patch with caution!

On 8/25/2020 at 1:44 PM, Motokid600 said:

So weeks after doing this I noticed an issue with lighting. Upon making this template name change it seems certain bodies no longer receive sunlight. As if they're stuck in a permanent eclipse. Any ideas? And again is this the 2.5x rescale that's causing the checkering issue? Ill consider removing it and going stock scale if so.

Sorry if I haven't followed all of your previous posts, but when you rescaled, did that also rescale any existing light intensity curves?  JNSQ which is 2.7x stock scale seems to have that issue and there doesn't seem to be a current solution:

3 hours ago, hemeac said:

Sorry if I haven't followed all of your previous posts, but when you rescaled, did that also rescale any existing light intensity curves?  JNSQ which is 2.7x stock scale seems to have that issue and there doesn't seem to be a current solution:

I used Sigma DImentions for the rescale. I only edited base settings.

// Advanced Settings

landscape = 1
	geeASLmultiplier = 1

resizeScatter = 1
	resizeBuildings = 0
	groundTiling = 1

CustomSoISize = 0
	CustomRingSize = 0

atmoASL = 1
	tempASL = 1
	atmoTopLayer = 1
	atmoVisualEffect = 1

lightRange = 1

scanAltitude = 1

The advanced settings are unchanged, but there are some interesting ones now that I look at them. "groundTiling = 1" Related to the checkerd pattern im seeing on the surface? And "lightRange = 1" which maybe is related to what you mentioned there? Also to which issue are you referring? There's two, but only if a fix for the first is applied. The big one is the checkered pattern on the surface of every moon. However when attempting to fix that via the template name change that causes the lighting issue.

Edited by Motokid600

2 hours ago, Motokid600 said:

I used Sigma DImentions for the rescale. I only edited base settings.

// Advanced Settings

landscape = 1
	geeASLmultiplier = 1

resizeScatter = 1
	resizeBuildings = 0
	groundTiling = 1

CustomSoISize = 0
	CustomRingSize = 0

atmoASL = 1
	tempASL = 1
	atmoTopLayer = 1
	atmoVisualEffect = 1

lightRange = 1

scanAltitude = 1

The advanced settings are unchanged, but there are some interesting ones now that I look at them. "groundTiling = 1" Related to the checkerd pattern im seeing on the surface? And "lightRange = 1" which maybe is related to what you mentioned there? Also to which issue are you referring? There's two, but only if a fix for the first is applied. The big one is the checkered pattern on the surface of every moon. However when attempting to fix that via the template name change that causes the lighting issue.

I haven't used Sigma Dimensions or Planets Beyond and I misunderstood your issue given the lighting issue sounds related to the templates used.  I know that some planet mods used light intensity that dims the light from the sun as it travels further away and thought that might not be being scaled up with sigma dimensions.