[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

After messing around a bit more to optimize the visual side of my 3.5x rescale config (increased the atmovisual parameter, that seems to decrease the strange interactions with the ground textures), I find I'm still getting these artifacts quite frequently:

YzxZYt1.jpg

Anyone have ideas as to how to deal with them? Or even what causes it?

Also, Lua has 2 biomes that I cannot find, yet they show up in the contracts and scanner summary: Oceanic craters and Polar Highlands.

11 minutes ago, Morphisor said:

After messing around a bit more to optimize the visual side of my 3.5x rescale config (increased the atmovisual parameter, that seems to decrease the strange interactions with the ground textures), I find I'm still getting these artifacts quite frequently:

YzxZYt1.jpg

Anyone have ideas as to how to deal with them? Or even what causes it?

Also, Lua has 2 biomes that I cannot find, yet they show up in the contracts and scanner summary: Oceanic craters and Polar Highlands.

I believe the first issue might be one for @blackrack

As for the biomes, I'll have a look and get them fixed for the next update 

52 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I believe the first issue might be one for @blackrack

As for the biomes, I'll have a look and get them fixed for the next update 

1 hour ago, Morphisor said:

Lower "flattenScaledSpaceMesh" in Lua's atmo config until this disappears. For example I have it set at 0.6 for the stock Kerbin atmo.

4 minutes ago, blackrack said:

Lower "flattenScaledSpaceMesh" in Lua's atmo config until this disappears. For example I have it set at 0.6 for the stock Kerbin atmo.

Thanks, I will give this a try. I notice that particular parameter isn't included by default in the BH planet atmo configs, is this intentional @Gameslinx?

I cant install the mod. Can anyone help me??? I tried the 1.9.1 Kopernicus and after that Bleeding edge 1.10.1 version but still no risolt so i need help. Can someone who installed Beyond Home on KSP 1.10.1 tell me step by step how he did it? Also im not installing any visual mods yet since my laptop cant handle them. (I'll install it on my PC but now it doesn't have internet but my laptop does have WIFI)

Hi all-

I am still having a persistent bug/error where terrain chunks will simply disappear. (Ksp 1.9.1) I downloaded BH on ckan, and the only mods I have are re-stock and BH requirements. Does anyone have any idea what is causing this?

Cheers-

Lewie

Edited by Lewie

It will be substantially easier to help if screenshots of your mod folders were provided, but they should contain BH, Parallax, Kopernicus for the appropriate version and any other mods you may have.

@BlackEyedPhantom, make sure that you have the correct version - including the .1 of 1.10.1, because Kopernicus prevents itself from working if you have not got the exactly correct version, because it is highly dependent upon the exact code in KSP.

And now for what I came here to say: this mod is utterly awesome and the most beautiful planet pack I have seen.

Does anyone know where to put the Principia patch for Beyond Home? I'd like to know which file you should paste the patch info into. I just installed the patch, you just make the .txt file a .cfg file and put it in the gamedata folder.

Edited by accidentalcolonies
I figured out how to do it.

For those of you using Beyond Home with Sigma Dimensions / Rescale, perhaps you can help me with the following issue:

I've been using @Morphisor's rescale config (3.5x) and I found that the ground scatter - particularly the trees - were unnaturally huge.  I found that in the rescale config when I set "resizeScatter = 0" it brings the trees back to normalish scale. 

However, when visiting a nearby celestial body, I found some interesting things that seemed to be bigger than they should be:

My sense is that these were intended to be 3.5x smaller; if so there might not be the harsh clipping that is evident.  Are any of you having this issue and/or have found a fix?  Is it possible that these scatter objects do not use the same size variable as the trees/rocks etc?  The other possibility is that this was just an unlucky random scatter placement that put them too close so they clipped.  But I wonder if these are appearing as 'intended'.

Also, they don't seem to have hit-boxes; my craft & kerbals pass through them.  I was under the impression that certain BH scatter objects of great interest can be landed on.   

Any thoughts on these issues?  Thanks!

5 hours ago, Kerbocracy said:

For those of you using Beyond Home with Sigma Dimensions / Rescale, perhaps you can help me with the following issue:

I've been using @Morphisor's rescale config (3.5x) and I found that the ground scatter - particularly the trees - were unnaturally huge.  I found that in the rescale config when I set "resizeScatter = 0" it brings the trees back to normalish scale. 

However, when visiting a nearby celestial body, I found some interesting things that seemed to be bigger than they should be:

My sense is that these were intended to be 3.5x smaller; if so there might not be the harsh clipping that is evident.  Are any of you having this issue and/or have found a fix?  Is it possible that these scatter objects do not use the same size variable as the trees/rocks etc?  The other possibility is that this was just an unlucky random scatter placement that put them too close so they clipped.  But I wonder if these are appearing as 'intended'.

Also, they don't seem to have hit-boxes; my craft & kerbals pass through them.  I was under the impression that certain BH scatter objects of great interest can be landed on.   

Any thoughts on these issues?  Thanks!

Yeah that seems normal,they probably just spawned too close

Spoiler

Keep in mind the Lua terraformers are naturally huge, too

5 hours ago, Kerbocracy said:

I hadn't realized that scatters are resized by default, that's interesting. I'll adjust that in the main config, thanks.

4 hours ago, Hpl said:

Yeah that seems normal,they probably just spawned too close

Hide contents

Keep in mind the Lua terraformers are naturally huge, too

Spoiler

ok interesting - I wondered if it was an unfortunate RNG.  Wonder if there is a minimum distance constant somewhere that could be adjusted because it's a bit buggy/immersion breaking.  I figured from that instance that the gears were intended to mesh - so they would be interlocking.  But I guess it's just random.

Also - curious how we get story - I've gone up to these things, down EVA report, surface sample, and had no story regarding their origin etc.  How did you determine that they are terraformers?

1 hour ago, kylelander said:

Hi @Morphisor,  I want to try out your configs for Sigma Dimensions but I don't know how to install them.  Maybe you are able to assist me on this?

Sure, it's really simple: put the .cfg file anywhere within the gamedata folder and you should be good. I put it in a separate Rescale folder myself.

Hey guys-

I am still having issues with Rhode’s terrain vanishing when I get too close to it. (Approx. 1-1.5 kilometers) does anyone have any idea on what is causing this? 

I downloaded bh from ckan on ksp v. 1.9.1 and he issues still persists.

And with the 3.75 rescale installed, nothing happened. It was still the stock scale (I did drop that folder into the ksp game data folder...was it supposed to go somewhere else) 

Sorry for this, but please if someone knows what is causing this, please help me!

cheers-

Lewie

Just wanted to drop by and say that BH brought me back to KSP for the first time in years, and exploring this system has restored a lot of the wonder -- I feel like I'm landing on the Mun for the first time again:cool:

BH is a real work of art.  Thanks so much for all of your hard work on this and all your other contributions to the modding community!

I'm playing a Career save file in 1.10.

In the previous version, I was able to scan the scatterers. (trees, rocks, ect) I tried earlier today and it's not working.

Was it taken it out, or is there something wrong with my mods?