[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

On 10/30/2020 at 11:37 PM, Mardin said:

I'm playing a Career save file in 1.10.

In the previous version, I was able to scan the scatterers. (trees, rocks, ect) I tried earlier today and it's not working.

Was it taken it out, or is there something wrong with my mods?

I actually fixed the problem.

I just had to uninstall all my mods and reinstall them.

22 hours ago, BobTheKerbal said:

For some reason the Trees and other terrain objects are either a plain hot pink or a bright white, no texture or anything. How can I fix this problem?

@BobTheKerbalI had this problem, too, but rolling back to Kopernicus 1.9.1-10 solved it (so it seems like yesterday's Kopernicus update was the cause for me).

A bit more detail that may hopefully save others some headache.  I believe I found the source of the "can't collect science from the scatters" @Mardin had before.  I think it all comes from CKAN.  If you install the Kopernicus version in the OP, scatters look great, the scatter colliders work, and you can collect science just fine.  If you use 1.9.1-10 Kopernicus from CKAN, scatters look great but no colliders and can't sample.  If you use the most recent Kopernicus on CKAN (1.9.1 -11 or -12), that's where I got the missing textures.

In some sense, just RTFM :confused:.  But if you use CKAN to install BH and it's dependencies, and update when CKAN says to, Kopernicus stuff will get borked.

@Gameslinx hope this saves you some support trouble.

Edited by DR_RDR

8 hours ago, DR_RDR said:

@BobTheKerbalI had this problem, too, but rolling back to Kopernicus 1.9.1-10 solved it (so it seems like yesterday's Kopernicus update was the cause for me).

A bit more detail that may hopeful save other some headache.  I believe I found the source of the "can't collect science from the scatters" @Mardin had before.  I think it all comes from CKAN.  If you install the Kopernicus version in the OP, scatters look great, the scatter colliders work, and you can collect science just fine.  If you use 1.9.1-10 Kopernicus from CKAN, scatters look great but no colliders and can't sample.  If you use the most recent Kopernicus on CKAN (1.9.1 -11 or -12), that's where I got the missing textures.

In some sense, just RTFM :confused:.  But if you use CKAN to install BH and it's dependencies, and update when CKAN says to, Kopernicus stuff will get borked.

Thanks! It worked but my savefile was on 1.10 so i have to start a new savefile >-<

11 hours ago, Sirata said:

@Morphisor Are you running kerbalism? Running into an issue with the comnet transmitter being located at the island airfield, which with rescale, is now 1/4 of the planet away, so I don't have connection to my probe on the launchpad. Anyone else seen this issue?

No I don't. As a general rule, Kerbalism can be expected to break most other mods functionality out there, so always be careful when doing so - or be prepared to do some (or a lot of...) config editing.

I’ve been using rescale 3.5x @Morphisorconfig and have noticed that certain interesting objects 

Spoiler

(For example, the floating island/hexagons on Hydrus

Are not landeable- they don’t seem to have hitboxes and my craft/kerbal fall through them. I’m suspecting an issue BH I’m the context of rescale because 

Spoiler

I heard that you can land on floating islands on Gateway

Anyone else have this issue and/or fix?

I am seeing the tesselation effect like animated. The tesselation moves while you move, like the terrain is all liquid almost. When you are still its fine, but while you move the mesh changes. Its weird.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ay8RRZn19TggcPkxB5wyziXr-4MrcTy_/view?usp=sharing

Yeah it fixes if you set a lower edgeLength in the ParallaxGlobal config. Although it killed my fps I should try and find  my sweet spot.

Edited by Agustin

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

I am seeing the tesselation effect like animated. The tesselation moves while you move, like the terrain is all liquid almost. When you are still its fine, but while you move the mesh changes. Its weird.

Video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ay8RRZn19TggcPkxB5wyziXr-4MrcTy_/view?usp=sharing

Yeah it fixes if you set a lower edgeLength in the ParallaxGlobal config. Although it killed my fps I should try and find  my sweet spot.

I was going to ask if that ‘liquid’ tesselation was normal/expected.  It’s a bit strange but the overall look is so good I can accept it I think. There’s also some apparent draw radius 50m or so out from the camera that looks like a blast effect when you are landing but it’s actually the tesselation drawing in I think.

1 hour ago, Agustin said:

7 minutes ago, Kerbocracy said:

I was going to ask if that ‘liquid’ tesselation was normal/expected.  It’s a bit strange but the overall look is so good I can accept it I think. There’s also some apparent draw radius 50m or so out from the camera that looks like a blast effect when you are landing but it’s actually the tesselation drawing in I think.

The tessellation radius has been smoothed out and will be released with the next Parallax version.

"Liquid" tessellation is a result of the edge length setting limiting the amount of tessellation with camera distance. Reduce the Edge Length value to around 5 - 8 to make it hard to notice.

2 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

The tessellation radius has been smoothed out and will be released with the next Parallax version.

"Liquid" tessellation is a result of the edge length setting limiting the amount of tessellation with camera distance. Reduce the Edge Length value to around 5 - 8 to make it hard to notice.

Yes I did that and it looks perfect. the smooth out far edge is nice update, (Y)

Spoiler
6 minutes ago, BobTheKerbal said:

7ed1a0f08d26e16bc876b934352f7e9e.jpg I found the easter egg! I messed around with files so it could also show with a temperature scan while I realised I can only get it with a normal crew report.

Maybe mark that spoiler :P

Edited by Hpl
spoiler

@Gameslinx I recently installed the new version of Beyond Home with the new Parallax feature, pretty cool by the way, though I personally toned down the height a bit, due to it making Kerbals disappear into the terrain or floating above it. I seem to have encountered a bug when looking at the oceans, as it would make the Kerbal's head  flicker on it and with a huge zoom added. I already checked if there was something else bugged with my install, though I found nothing, as other planet packs and stock do not have this. It causes huge lag and is hard to look at as it flickers in short intervals.

Edit: Checked if it was only Lua with the Problem, nope, it appears all bodies with liquids have this reflection problem.

Y9JpnV6.png

Link to Log(s) here (put both in there): https://github.com/Kspeher-Victoria2/Kerbal-Space-Program-Logs

Edited by Kspeher
Added @ and check if all bodies with liquids had this problem.

Anybody having issues with BH since the Parallax update?  CKAN updated me to 1.1.1 and 1.1.1b and in both cases I have KSP looking like this:

https://imgur.com/a/Vn71RlJ

Prior to the Parallax update i had terrain texture.  I checked fury and it has the same 'missing' terrain contour.

Perhaps @Gameslinxis presently revising BH and I should be patient...:)

Edited by Kerbocracy

Can't get it to run on linux - Took a look through the log and it looks like this is the issue:

[LOG 22:11:07.125] [BICH] GameData directory is /home/jetski/Games/KSP/KSP_LIGameData/

The directory it should be looking for is /home/jetski/Games/KSP/KSP_LINUX/GameData/

Somehow it's truncating the string and can't find the GameData directory, which means nothing is loading.  New install of KSP, fresh download and install of Parallax, Kopurnicus Bleeding edge for 1.10 and that's it.

Tried messing with the directory name, but if I shorten the directory name or move it up a level it still is looking in the wrong place.  I know Linux is a pain with being more picky about filenames and such.  Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

Complete log file

Edit: tried rolling back to a previous version of Parallax, but it didn't work, just loaded up stock system with everything pink lol.

Edited by Jetski