[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

8 hours ago, Drupegod02 said:

The ground on Rhode is completely white. I have parallax installed though.

Use Parallax 1.0.1, not the most recent one. If you used CKAN to install, just select the right version in the "versions" tab with Parallax selected.

Hey there,

just tried to set it up on a fresh KSP 10.0.1 install (after downloading the recommended version of all mods), but it is failing with the "XYZ not installed" messages and eventually hangs at the loading screen.

First of all there's an exception at the very start, but that comes  either EVE version 1802 - removing EVE fixes that, however it still causes the "not installed" messages and the infinite loading screen.

From a quick look at the KSP.log it seems to me the path to the GameData folder is not correctly constructed by the install checker?

[LOG 19:07:26.874] [BICH] GameData directory is /home/xyz/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space ProgGameData/

which should be: /home/xyz/.steam/steam/steamapps/common/Kerbal Space Program/GameData

Full log follows:

[Giant log file in spoiler removed by moderator]

Edited by Snark
Giant log file removed by moderator

Hi @BonsaiDen, and welcome to the forums!  :)

1 hour ago, BonsaiDen said:

Full log follows:

We're sorry, but we've had to snip the log file.  Please don't past gargantuan swaths of text into the forum.  Even if it's "hidden" in a spoiler, people's browsers will still download the entire contents even if the person doesn't expand the spoiler, and this can cause all sorts of problems for people (especially folks on mobile browsers-- it can really jam things up).

Posting logs is a great idea, but please don't do it here.  If you've got a large file like that, please post it to some third-party sharing site (there are lots of free ones around the internet), and then post a link to it here, instead.  That way, the folks with the bandwidth to help you can do so, and the folks who don't, can just skip the link.  ;)

Again, welcome aboard!

1 hour ago, BonsaiDen said:

rom a quick look at the KSP.log it seems to me the path to the GameData folder is not correctly constructed by the install checker?

Do you happen to be on Mac/Linux?

This will be related to Parallax rather than Beyond Home. Parallax doesn't yet support Mac/Linux, but I am working on it!

Edited by Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Snark said:

We're sorry, but we've had to snip the log file.  Please don't past gargantuan swaths of text into the forum.  Even if it's "hidden" in a spoiler, people's browsers will still download the entire contents even if the person doesn't expand the spoiler, and this can cause all sorts of problems for people (especially folks on mobile browsers-- it can really jam things up).

Sorry for that! Won't happen again :)

2 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Do you happen to be on Mac/Linux?

This will be related to Parallax rather than Beyond Home. Parallax doesn't yet support Mac/Linux, but I am working on it!

Yes I'm playing on Linux :) In any case I have uploaded the log here now: https://gitlab.com/-/snippets/2047514

1 hour ago, Mownow said:

The Magnetometer Boom report above Rhode still says that "Kerbin has a strong magnetic field for a planet its size." :o

It's a modded part so it'll say Kerbin

(Rhode is technically Kerbin - Whoever wrote the science definition needs to use displayName and not the body name!)

7 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

It's a modded part so it'll say Kerbin

(Rhode is technically Kerbin - Whoever wrote the science definition needs to use displayName and not the body name!)

These are Vanilla strings: #autoLOC_6002504 and #autoLOC_6002505, added with KSP 1.10.1

30 minutes ago, Edoluck90 said:

People hello, I play with it now 2 weeks , in the lua info I see you can pay 7000000 to restore the airport and the vab. Where I can do this ? And there’s a wiki of this wonderful mod ? 

install Kerbal Konstructs for that airport to actually appear and you'll be able to pay for it from VAB launchpade choose menu

Hey there, wonderful mod and I'm just getting into it!

I was curious about some of the thermal effects present in the mod. I was curious and tried just cheat menu-ing something into orbit of ash before landing it to see what the temperature dangers were. I didn't get any temp problem though and even when so far as to land in the lava and EVA in it. I thought it might be a problem with ash, so I tested a close orbit of both suns and also had no problems. I was wondering if this was something that needed to be implemented still or if it was another interaction with a mod causing the problem.

I am running Beyond Home on ksp 1.10 with the bleeding edge kopernicus. I've also checked my settings to make sure there isn't any cheats or settings related to temperature.

Edited by Arcanejack

32 minutes ago, Radioknopf said:

So, my PC isnt able to run Parallax.  Is there any way to modify the Parallax config to drim it down a lot or make Byond Home run with normal ground again ? i dont thing an older version would work ?

Next update will separate BH and Parallax so that Parallax isn't required, but recommended. This'll come with a whole bunch of performance improvements with Parallax as well as moving to version 1.2.0 from 1.0.1