[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

okay so i have a gtx 1070 with 49 gigs of ram but when i download parralex.... its laggy. like laggy just at the vab. when i launch a vehicle it goes from like 15 fps to 3 fps and iusually only get lag like that from 2000 part crafts. so any idea whats causing this? i have ALOT of mods and i removed them all and still had the same issue so it has something to do with beyond home 1.10.0 parralex or the dependancies i am currrently running 1.10.1 for ksp version.

sorry if this was asked before, didn't read 50 pages, is there any optional install that would keep stock as home planet and this one as a new system somewhere in space? if this would be possible, this amazing planet pack would become compatible with lots of packs you name as incompatible in first post. I know it would be against the original story behind the pack but hey, as ksp player, i would like to have this as planet pack no matter what side by side many others to enjoy playing with.

4 hours ago, Jiraiyah said:

sorry if this was asked before, didn't read 50 pages, is there any optional install that would keep stock as home planet and this one as a new system somewhere in space? if this would be possible, this amazing planet pack would become compatible with lots of packs you name as incompatible in first post. I know it would be against the original story behind the pack but hey, as ksp player, i would like to have this as planet pack no matter what side by side many others to enjoy playing with.

Unfortunately there is not

I'm a bit of a big noob when it comes to using mods so can anyone help me install Kopernicus? It is saying no matter what that it is not compatible with 1.10.1 and that means I cannot play with this mod because the actual planets will not load. Iv'e really been looking forward to playing it after watching Gameslinx's series for it and Carnasa's series on it as well. So can anyone help me with it? It would be much appreciated since i really don't know how to use it.

13 minutes ago, TheSpaceVenturer said:

I'm a bit of a big noob when it comes to using mods so can anyone help me install Kopernicus? It is saying no matter what that it is not compatible with 1.10.1 and that means I cannot play with this mod because the actual planets will not load. Iv'e really been looking forward to playing it after watching Gameslinx's series for it and Carnasa's series on it as well. So can anyone help me with it? It would be much appreciated since i really don't know how to use it.

if you are playing on 1.10.1 then you need the version 

KopernicusBE_1101_Release57.zip

from here.  

https://github.com/R-T-B/kopernicus/releases

Edited by eberkain

2 hours ago, Radioknopf said:

Hey, so are there science features you can explore with the robot arm like trees and rocks in vanilla ? 

I believe there are these science features (terrain scatters). However, I don't know if they use the stock robot arm. Last playthrough I believe the scatters were explored by being near them with a kerbal (take sample), no specific science instrument.

On 12/19/2020 at 4:40 PM, Aborted Yolk said:

okay so i have a gtx 1070 with 49 gigs of ram but when i download parralex.... its laggy.

49GB of RAM? Are you sure that's a real 1070? Or are you talking about system RAM? (Though 49GB would still be a strange number.)

Edited by Maple Kerman

17 hours ago, 御坂美琴 said:

are there surface feature that can interact with the scan arm in this planet pack?

No. This mod has an alternative system to DLC ROC science. Take a kerbal on EVA and interact with the custom scatters and you will get new and different science results. This was done because the DLC ROC objects are hardcoded to their planets and it is impossible and unattractive for modders to make their own new ROC items.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:45 AM, Jiraiyah said:

Beyond Home does not have that option. If it did then the white dwarf Kerbol system cannot exist as it is (... "was") the stock system.

is this mod compatible with SCANset ?below the SCANset mod they say it can compete with this planet pack but my scan map doesn't working properly, it can scan properly but the map won't generate on the SCNNset window ,the scan result can only be seen on the planet surface in the observatory ,I am using KSP 1.8.1, I downloaded BH on the CKAN.

I've gotten to Armstrong in my 1.10.1 Beyond Home career, and whenever I land on Armstrong, there are no bone structures mentioned in the crew reports (however, Rhode's features are all there on Rhode and sample-able), and whenever my crew EVA and come back, the lander flips out and flies into the air. This has scuppered both missions and nearly had me send a rescue for the second one.

Are these intentional?

If I need to provide logs, then so be it, but I don't think these are the kind of things that would be found in logs-- plus I'd need to go destroy another lander and endanger another pilot to do this.

Edited by LittleBitMore

Found this mod while looking for planet packs and from the descriptions and from what I was able to try of it, it looks really cool and really promising.  However, while I can see the new planets in the tracking station, they appear pink/purple when on the surface.  I can think of two reasons for this, one, that I'm on KSP 1.11 or two, that I'm on Linux.  I suspect it's the latter.  I got the version of Kopernicus (build 58 I think) that was compiled for 1.11.  Everything seems to work except for the planet surfaces, and it gives me errors about BeyondHome and Parallax not being installed upon game startup.

I have Parallax 1.0.1 as the documentation states.

Reading through this and the Parallax forum, does this sound like a synopsis of the state of affairs?

1. Parallax only currently runs on Windows machines.  I think this is because of a DirectX 11 dependency.  I saw mention of working being done on this, but also that you lacked a Linux dev machine?  Parallax is what gives the terrain detail, and makes things look really cool, from what I gather.

2. There is an effort to decouple BeyondHome from Parallax, and that would make it work as a standalone planet pack.  However, this would ditch a lot of the cool graphics, right?

So, if 1. were to come to fruition on Linux, it would have the same eye candy as intended.  This is obviously the best outcome.  2. would result in a playable planet pack but without some of the graphics that seem like they make it more special.  So is that pretty much the state of affairs?

Cheers!

38 minutes ago, barfing_skull said:

So, if 1. were to come to fruition on Linux, it would have the same eye candy as intended.  This is obviously the best outcome.  2. would result in a playable planet pack but without some of the graphics that seem like they make it more special.  So is that pretty much the state of affairs?

You are correct, except when I separate BH from Parallax, you will still be able to see the improved surfaces if Parallax is installed. This means you can experience the planets without the mod or with the mod instead of being forced to use the mod all the time

13 hours ago, LittleBitMore said:

Are these intentional?

This is a bug with the collisions, most likely due to Kopernicus, however I will be investigating these for the next update

Hi there,

after having played Vanilla KSP for about 700 hours, I got kinda bored. Hence I've decided to start another Science mode play through with some content mods once again: Restock/Restock+, Near Future Technologies, Beyond Home and the usual visual/audio enhancements. I cannot express, how beautiful Beyond Home is! Here's my favorite shot so far! Refer to my Imgur gallery for some more impressions: https://imgur.com/a/O0OP8nN ^_^

GG0x1le.png

So far, I was able to visit several planets and moons without any issues. However today I've encountered the first annoying bug: I've landed on Voss with an near empty Vessel in an ore rich Biome to do some refueling. Unfortunately the landing legs to not touch the ground and instead simply clip through it. The vessel stands on its engines. I can get out of the Vessel into EVA and plant a flag, the latter however is not visible on the surface immediately after. I wouldn't mind those issues if it didn't affect the surface harvester's functionality: I cannot mine ore as the harvester complains about "no ground contact".

Texx3eR.png

fuTNCDX.png

I'm running:

Is this a known issue? Any chance to resolve it?

Kind regards, Patrick

14 minutes ago, pckbls said:

Is this a known issue? Any chance to resolve it?

The landing legs clipping through the ground is standard behaviour. Parallax (the mod responsible for the ground tessellation and displacement) is not collideable and purely visual. The physical surface is slightly below what you see. It looks like tessellation has been disabled, so this effect is made more noticeable by that. Make sure tessellate = true in the ParallaxGlobal.cfg which can be found in the Parallax/Config folder. Make sure your terrain quality is set to the highest value. It may say "New Text", which is a Kopernicus bug - Simply set the slider to the right-most value.

However, that isn't the cause or related to the bug you're getting where you can't use the surface harvester - the physical surface is still there. Have you tried quickloading? I'm not sure what would be causing this

Edited by Gameslinx

On 1/3/2021 at 9:58 PM, Gameslinx said:

The landing legs clipping through the ground is standard behaviour. Parallax (the mod responsible for the ground tessellation and displacement) is not collideable and purely visual. The physical surface is slightly below what you see. It looks like tessellation has been disabled, so this effect is made more noticeable by that. Make sure tessellate = true in the ParallaxGlobal.cfg which can be found in the Parallax/Config folder. Make sure your terrain quality is set to the highest value. It may say "New Text", which is a Kopernicus bug - Simply set the slider to the right-most value.

However, that isn't the cause or related to the bug you're getting where you can't use the surface harvester - the physical surface is still there. Have you tried quickloading? I'm not sure what would be causing this

Yes, I have attempted to quickload and reland the vessel. Always getting the same results.

I have purposely disabled both Terrain Scattering and Tesselation as both massively impact the performance on my system. With both enabled I get less than 10 FPS near celestial bodies vs. 30-50 with both disabled. Also with Tesselation disabled, landing legs do not clip through the surface (at least on my system), proof:

w1zQa3J.png

Regarding my issue: It's hard to see on a screenshot, but it's not just some weird visual glitch but there's definitely something wrong the the landing legs physics on Voss here. It seems that when in the extended state, they are "falling through" the surface. Hard to explain. Thus I have recorded a short video that shows the landing of my Vessel on both Voss and it standing on the Launching Pad on Rhode. Hope that helps to get an understanding of what is happening:

*UPDATE* Appears to be a known Kopernicus issue, see: https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/issues/459

*UPDATE2* I was able to resolve this issue by uninstalling the Making History expansion.

*UPDATE3* I have figured out that this issue not only occurs on Voss but on other celestial bodies, too. Kohm is also affected. However I found a solution that works without having to remove the Making History expansion. Turns out that I have to manually tweak the Terrain Quality settings in KSP's settings.cfg. For a more technical details head over to this particular comment in the corresponding issue on Github. Proof:

103579859-6851e780-4ed9-11eb-819a-b1f372

Edited by pckbls
More useful information.

1 minute ago, bishobe644 said:

kopernicus wont work with the 1.11.0 update

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases/tag/UBE-release-58

Try this- download the KopernicusBE_1110_Release58.zip, not the KopernicusBE_1101_Release58.zip.

Kopernicus technically isn't compatible with 1.10 and 1.11, but the beta is available with very few bugs.

Hi. Can someone please help me with this mods settings and such? I have installed BH and Parallax with all the shaders like EVE and Scatterer also TUFX and im getting barely 35FPS with my GTX 1060(3GB) and Intel Pentium G5460. Why is that happening? Is there a way to tune things down like textures,shaders and such???

42 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

Hi. Can someone please help me with this mods settings and such? I have installed BH and Parallax with all the shaders like EVE and Scatterer also TUFX and im getting barely 35FPS with my GTX 1060(3GB) and Intel Pentium G5460. Why is that happening? Is there a way to tune things down like textures,shaders and such???

That is honestly as good as you can expect given those specs. KSP isn't exactly lightweight on the hardware requirements when modding.

45 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

The next BH update will support the most recent Parallax version which will improve your framerate by ~130%. It'll also make it optional