[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

I've searched and didn't find anyone mentioning blocked solar panels in this thread. Which makes me think I am doing something wrong?

I am aware I can manually set which star the panels track (via Kopernicus) but that seems like a lot to micro-manage if you have more than a few flights in progress. Is there a way to avoid having to manually change this as the "front" star changes?

z3Xr0MO.png

Minimal install of BH on KSP 1.11.1, installed via CKAN

• Beyond Home 1.52
  • EVE 1.11.2.1
  • Kopernicus release 34 (not BE)
  • Modular FlightIntegrator 1.2.9.0
  • Module Manager 4.1.4
  • Parallax 1.0.1
  • Scatterer 0.0723

Edited by MalevolentNinja
added info about my test installation

The final frontier ribbons show up as blank areas.  I received entered sphere of influence of lua, first kerbin eva, and another one, and in the middle was the lua one, but it had no icon, just a blank space.

(Update) Reading through comments, I realized that there isn't supports for final frontier yet, so disregard this message.

Edited by Shad_The_Knight

On 2/14/2021 at 10:03 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

I've searched and didn't find anyone mentioning blocked solar panels in this thread. Which makes me think I am doing something wrong?

I am aware I can manually set which star the panels track (via Kopernicus) but that seems like a lot to micro-manage if you have more than a few flights in progress. Is there a way to avoid having to manually change this as the "front" star changes?

z3Xr0MO.png

• Beyond Home 1.52
  • EVE 1.11.2.1
  • Module Manager 4.1.4
  • Parallax 1.0.1
  • Scatterer 0.0723

@Gameslinx Is there an easy way to remove the binary star system in Beyond Home and revert to standard Kerbol? I'd like to play with the rest of your changes, but the blocked solar panels is stopping me.

On 2/19/2021 at 2:30 AM, MalevolentNinja said:

@Gameslinx Is there an easy way to remove the binary star system in Beyond Home and revert to standard Kerbol? I'd like to play with the rest of your changes, but the blocked solar panels is stopping me.

Just don't use the Bleeding Edge version of Kopernicus, that is causing the problem.

58 minutes ago, Nansuchao said:

Just don't use the Bleeding Edge version of Kopernicus, that is causing the problem.

I'm not. From my original post:

On 2/14/2021 at 10:03 PM, MalevolentNinja said:

• Beyond Home 1.52
  • EVE 1.11.2.1
  • Module Manager 4.1.4
  • Parallax 1.0.1
  • Scatterer 0.0723

On 2/15/2021 at 5:03 AM, MalevolentNinja said:

z3Xr0MO.png

• Beyond Home 1.52
  • EVE 1.11.2.1
  • Module Manager 4.1.4
  • Parallax 1.0.1
  • Scatterer 0.0723

I'm having the exact same issue with the same mods and the same version of the game you're using. My static solar panels in my new career savet receive almost no energy, even when pointed right at the sun(s), with the same "Blocked by...." and "Tracking Body...." - message that you got. Lots of same's, but I hope we get some help soon.

Edited by Neebel

I'm having some trouble getting this to work.. Maybe it's because i have the newest version of KSP and i have to downgrade?

Problem: Terrain is white. Seems to be lacking any textures.

Parallax - 1.2.1 (Max KSP: 1.11.9)
Beyond home - 1.5.2 (Max KSP: 1.10.9)
scatterer - 0.0723 (Max KSP: 1.11.0)
scatterer default config - 0.0723 (Max KSP: 1.11.0)
scatterer sunflare - 0.0723 (Max KSP: 1.11.0)

I've rarely (i don't think ever, but might have slipped my mind) had a problem with a mod being outdated, even quite drastically so. However i guess there's always a first :P
So if it indeed is a version fault.. I guess go down to 1.11.0 is the best choice?

6 hours ago, Ryndan said:

I'm having some trouble getting this to work.. Maybe it's because i have the newest version of KSP and i have to downgrade?

I've rarely (i don't think ever, but might have slipped my mind) had a problem with a mod being outdated, even quite drastically so. However i guess there's always a first :P
So if it indeed is a version fault.. I guess go down to 1.11.0 is the best choice?

You've downloaded Beyond Home with CKAN, didn't you? This won't work since it always installs the newest version of a mod, in this case Parallax. Remove Parallax and Beyond Home with CKAN, go to the first page of the forum, scroll down to the installation instructions and follow them. And it looks like you don't installed Kopernicus. You'll need that, too, but in this case you can just get the newest version from CKAN.

Edited by Neebel

On 2/21/2021 at 5:23 AM, Nansuchao said:

Thanks Nansuchao, for pointing me in the right direction. But just to clear things up a bit, that version you linked is pretty old, and won't work for newer installs of KSP.

There are two "official" branches of Kopernicus that I am aware of. There's the "Main" or "Stable" branch and the "Bleeding Edge" branch. This issue with blocked solar panels happens if you have the Main branch version of Kopernicus installed, but seems to be fixed in the  Bleeding Edge branch. I haven't done a bunch of testing, just a quick solar panel test. So the BE branch may brake something else, it's kind of in the name :)

Thanks to everyone who responded for your help!

Main / Stable branch:

https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases

Bleeding Edge branch:

https://github.com/R-T-B/Kopernicus/releases

12 hours ago, Ryndan said:

IN CKAN, select the Parallax mod, then select the versions tab and the 1.0.1 version. Beyond Home is not compatible with the latest Parallax version at this time.

Ivvh8dX.png

Ah i forgot to list Kopernicus :P
I've got Kopernicus planetary system modifier - 1.11.1-34 (Max KSP 1.11.1). Tried it with BE too, but same result.

As for following the install instructions in the post.. The github for Beyond home works, but the one for Parallax is broken.. I just come to a white page where it says "not found"
Tried to google for that particular version, and the only place i seem to find it is here "https://archive.org/details/Parallax-1.0.1" Which i was suspicious of.. But it worked. Thanks for the help :)

Thanks for your tip too MalevolentNinja. I had already fixed it manually before you posted since i was unaware that you could get older versions through Ckan (i had a vague memory that you could but couldn't find how to).

19 hours ago, MalevolentNinja said:

his issue with blocked solar panels happens if you have the Main branch version of Kopernicus installed, but seems to be fixed in the  Bleeding Edge branch.

Thanks for the help! And I wouldn't worry too much about Bleeding Edge braking anything, it's mostly just as good as the main version.

Edit: I've now tested it with the Bleeding Edge version and I can confirm everything works, it no longer automatically focuses the Tempus System Barycenter and I even have a panel to manually select the tracking body.  

Edited by Neebel
Update

The structures on the planets including trees generate in for a second or so then stop existing. When i launch a rocket from rhode the trees are there then they stop loading. 

[LOG 08:29:25.072] ******* Log Initiated for Kerbal Space Program - 1.11.1.3066 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us *******
Kerbal Space Program - 1.11.1.3066 (WindowsPlayer x64) en-us

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz (8)
RAM: 16326
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 (5991MB)
SM: 50 (Direct3D 11.0 [level 11.1])
RT Formats: ARGB32, Depth, ARGBHalf, Shadowmap, RGB565, ARGB4444, ARGB1555, Default, ARGB2101010, DefaultHDR, ARGB64, ARGBFloat, RGFloat, RGHalf, RFloat, RHalf, R8, ARGBInt, RGInt, RInt, BGRA32, RGB111110Float, RG32, RGBAUShort, RG16, BGRA10101010_XR, BGR101010_XR, R16

[Snip]

Edited by James Kerman
Removed full log