[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

I have this too although I only noticed it after I updated kopernicus so it might be their problem. 
Here are some screenshots

xHeHzsE.png

As you can see fate is behind destiny as rocket bob said and the baricenter is blocked by destiny

z6Sf22m.png

If I change Kopernicus’ tracking body thingy to one of the stars itself i get solar power as seen here.

Writing this I realize that this seems a lot like a kopernicus issue so I’ll investigate further on their thread and GitHub to see if they already know about this issue when i get the time.

Also great job with this planet pack it looks absolutely stunning, and I have a lot of fun with the three moons around Rhode. Putting the biggest moon the farthest away really serves for a challenge that required around 12,000 m/s total (on a JNSQ like rescale) to send jeb there and back. I haven’t had this much fun in Kerbal since my first duna landing!

Edited by Daedalus3000

21 hours ago, rocketBob said:

Also, Principia may not be the only cause of solar panels getting blocked by Destiny as I do not have it, but I am experiencing a similar problem. I do however have a respectfully decent amount of other mods installed.

Yes Principia is not the cause of solar panels getting blocked by Destiny, I believe that is still an issue with Kopernicus.  On the bright side, Principia actually solves that problem because it removes the Barycenter.  Still, the solar panels track Destiny and Fate is in front, you will have blockage, and same other way around, but so far I've noticed that it's a very low chance.

On the other hand, if you have Principia with @MorePortal's stability patch, the solar panel output drops significantly.  I've been told by the Principia devs that it might happen if the config patch messes either with light output from the stars (which AFAIK is not the case) or with the star's or home planet orbit  However, I don't think that is the case... so I really don't know waht's going on.

On 3/7/2021 at 7:11 PM, Gameslinx said:

This is not a Parallax bug, it's a bug with Sigma Dimensions:

Navigate to GameData/Sigma/Dimensions/Configs/ReDimension/resizePQSMods.cfg and delete the following line of text:
                  &minDetailDistance = 8
                  @minDetailDistance /= #$../SigmaDimensions/Resize$
-Save the .cfg and boot up KSP

the latest SD should have solved this

or at least I thought it did :D

On 3/10/2021 at 3:34 PM, siderr said:

Question, is it possible to have beyond homes system together with stock ksp solar system? So somehow make it into a separate solar system some light years away? If yes, how can one do so?

It isn't, because the Kerbol system is essentially the stock system after the sun's death.

On 3/10/2021 at 8:34 AM, siderr said:

Question, is it possible to have beyond homes system together with stock ksp solar system? So somehow make it into a separate solar system some light years away? If yes, how can one do so?

This probably is not quite what you are looking for, but if you're interested in the idea of a solar system far away from Kerbol, there is this mod:

Mod is amazing, works wonderfully. I also love the effort you put in creating customised science report, I don't think I've seen any other planet pack do that.

But something weird is happening, and I was hoping someone could help me with this.
I was doing my first EVA in orbit of Rhode, and as soon as Bob gets out of the airlock my Automated Science Sampler mod hits me with around 60 experiments reports. One of them was, of course, the EVA report. The others all have different names and descriptions, but are all worth the same amount of Science (4 IIRC). The names are weird stuff that I've never seen in KSP, like Small Pearl Analysis, Planeyary Regulator Analysis, Pearl Nest Analysis, Megastructure Analyisis, there's even an Easter Egg analysis.

The same thing happened when I was in "Space High" around Rhode, and then again when in "Space High" around Armstrong.

I have a feeling these are not supposed to occur in any EVA, but only when very close to the object on the surface, maybe?
Or is it part of the new KSP stock updates? I haven't played the game in a year or so.

I don't really like this because I'm gettin wayyyy to much science from a simple EVA.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Elia

5 hours ago, Elia said:

Mod is amazing, works wonderfully. I also love the effort you put in creating customized science report, I don't think I've seen any other planet pack do that.

But something weird is happening, and I was hoping someone could help me with this.
I was doing my first EVA in orbit of Rhode, and as soon as Bob gets out of the airlock my Automated Science Sampler mod hits me with around 60 experiments reports. One of them was, of course, the EVA report. The others all have different names and descriptions, but are all worth the same amount of Science (4 IIRC). The names are weird stuff that I've never seen in KSP, like Small Pearl Analysis, Planeyary Regulator Analysis, Pearl Nest Analysis, Megastructure Analyisis, there's even an Easter Egg analysis.

The same thing happened when I was in "Space High" around Rhode, and then again when in "Space High" around Armstrong.

I have a feeling these are not supposed to occur in any EVA, but only when very close to the object on the surface, maybe?
Or is it part of the new KSP stock updates? I haven't played the game in a year or so.

I don't really like this because I'm getting wayyyy to much science from a simple EVA.

Thanks in advance!

Sounds like it has nothing to do with Beyond Home. Please check your modlist and remove any mods that add new science experiments or science reports.

I'm loving this mod! It's really revitalized my interest in KSP. The planets are gorgeous and varied, and I can't wait for the graphical overhaul / parallax 1.2 integration! It looks insane and I'm sure it'll be even cooler and your planets.

Quick question, do you have any plans to put surface features on your planets (the Breaking Ground type) ? I keep trying to scan the cool rock formations and structures but so far this hasn't been fruitful :P

@Ravien I play stock with USI LS and it's already a major challenge to send any kerbal to the distant planets! Can't imagine how long it'd take at 2.5x

14 hours ago, Ravien said:

I wonder how most of people plays this mod - stock scale or 2.5 re-scaled

I for one play 2.5x rescale because otherwise it it is arguably easier than stock system. I’ve already played a bit of stock though and I wanted the challenge of 2.5x. Also justifies use of Near future and cyroengines which otherwise would be way to overpowered.

7 minutes ago, BlackEyedPhantom said:

When is the update gonna come? The update that will use new version of parallax. I need to improve performance.

When it is finished. There is currently no ETA. I have a lot on my schedule 

Edited by Gameslinx

I'm having some trouble getting this to run. Sorry if this was asked before, but I'm a boomer. I'm getting the following error message after loading: 

This is after a clean reinstall, just mandatory mods in my gamedata folder.  

R74rRu2.png

Anybody else getting this error?

I'm currently running KSP v1.10.1 from steam, using Kopernicus release 36. I also tried 34,  and  the BE edition. I'm utterly lost. 

Here are the logs the error message asks of me.

Edited by 8bitbukowski

16 hours ago, 8bitbukowski said:

I'm having some trouble getting this to run. Sorry if this was asked before, but I'm a boomer. I'm getting the following error message after loading: 

This is after a clean reinstall, just mandatory mods in my gamedata folder.  

R74rRu2.png

Anybody else getting this error?

I'm currently running KSP v1.10.1 from steam, using Kopernicus release 36. I also tried 34,  and  the BE edition. I'm utterly lost. 

Here are the logs the error message asks me.

I just ran a try with the Kopernicus Release 36 and it works fine. Can you provide a screenshot of your GameData folder?

The logs say that you're missing a file (SubdivisionPQSMod.dll) which is weird because it's supposed to be in the BH Folder.

Did you install BH via CKAN ? Either way, please try to uninstall it and reinstall it manually with the links provided on the first page and tell us how it goes :-) (Make sure you're using : KSP 1.10.1, Beyond Home 1.5.2, Parallax 1.0.1, and Kopernicus 36)

1 hour ago, NovakiddPrime said:

How do i launch from Lua? Do i need a specific mod? A specific version of the game? 

If it didn't change since, you need to install the mod Kerbal Konstructs. Then, the Lua base will be available to unlock with in-game money from the VAB at the top-right button.