[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Welcome to the forum, @NathlessOne!

I've snipped the file paths out of your post because we can't use that to see pictures on your computer.  You'll need to upload those pictures to a file sharing site, like Imgur or Google drive, and share the links to those here.

Heres an update on the problem i have with beyond home: i found that the Valentine system was interfering with a few graphics, but it still looks like this

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1hfIb97a4WK24zc886Dy1bVznKEryDMSQ/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OVaNqdEJzXDLhBvuAStFyHc8GWtiPwSV/view?usp=sharing

Sadly, nothing i try fixes it. Please help!

15 hours ago, Alex1234567890 said:

I just have a new idea.How about combining both planet mods,one KSRSS,one Beyond Home,together?

in theory, it would not work. Beyond Home's Barycenter is considered the "Sun" of the system. with KSRSS, the Sun is, well, Sol. they would clash, either giving you the child of litteral hell, combining the Tempus system with the Solar system, or give you a wall of Kopernicus errors.

Then again, I've seen forum users here use some sorta coding technique to somehow make the Tempus system orbit around an invisible Sun. if your REALLY good at coding (unlike me), you might be able to achieve this goal.

If you chose the latter, i wish you luck in your coding endeavors!

8 hours ago, Alex1234567890 said:

OK.But could you tell Gameslinx about making a low-res version of Beyond Home?Because it only have high-res version.

I am in no way near in contact with Gameslinx. however, you could just tag him like this: @ Gameslinx. (without the space

8 hours ago, Alex1234567890 said:

OK.But could you tell Gameslinx about making a low-res version of Beyond Home?Because it only have high-res version.

No, this is a lot of effort

Turn your texture quality down in the main menu settings - this has the same effect

while im at it, mr Gameslinx, can you help me with this problem i have here? ive been trying to get support, while trying things. closest i got was clouds on Rhode. here are some photos of what the planets look like.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BACnbnMpJj_r_4iWu44wzo8Pdzxo-UqM/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OVaNqdEJzXDLhBvuAStFyHc8GWtiPwSV/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1pkIHZu76fuAfQYtiVUe_Vn-DIp_oMXEt/view?usp=sharing

On 4/5/2022 at 2:34 PM, jimmymcgoochie said:

OK, I give up. Either the Tempus system works as an extrasolar system, but the stock system is completely gone and there's a second Rhode orbiting around the space where the sun should be, or I get a massive wall of Kopernicus exceptions. Oddly enough the tracking stations on the Rhode in Tempus system are still working, but the KSC is on the Rhode orbiting the non-existent sun.

9Nc1gFZ.png

SdGsXC8.png

HXryt0u.png

I'm not really sure why this isn't working, but if someone else wants to pick this up then I can share the configs I've made so far at that point.

i think i might be able to help. there is a file that removes all stock bodies. Maybe removing it would work along side this. the reason there is no sun is because the sun was programmed as the barycenter of the Tempus system. Ideally, you would want to remove all the bodies orbiting the dead kerbol, including itself. although it might not work, its better than nothing!

I would not be able to contribute code-wise. You have better coding knowledge than me. here is my contribution! 

Hey guys, i need some help. im playing beyond home with parallax and everything else required, yet when im in any of the planets from the TEMPUS system, and only the TEMPUS system, they have black squares. when i go to anywhere else like Tau, Tribute, etc, they have normal textures. please help @Gameslinx (srry for the ping!)

Hey @Gameslinx, is it ok if i make more Science Definitions for Beyond Home? I found it quite empty when it came to stuff like temperature scans, EVA reports, etc.

Just now, NathlessOne said:

Hey @Gameslinx, is it ok if i make more Science Definitions for Beyond Home? I found it quite empty when it came to stuff like temperature scans, EVA reports, etc.

and to extend to that, would i be preaching into legal territory? could i send you the finished file so that you could implement it into the next Beyond Home update?

I've installed beyond home and everything went well. I learned that I needed Kerbal Konstructs to have the Lua launch pad appear AFTER I started my save. I installed KK and landed on Lua, do I need to land EXTACTLY on the Lua launch pad to find it? Or do I have to restart my save to have the launch pad populate correctly?

20 hours ago, Xithyl515 said:

I've installed beyond home and everything went well. I learned that I needed Kerbal Konstructs to have the Lua launch pad appear AFTER I started my save. I installed KK and landed on Lua, do I need to land EXTACTLY on the Lua launch pad to find it? Or do I have to restart my save to have the launch pad populate correctly?

nope, just press the "KK" button in the VAB/SPH to choose some bases, which include the Lua base, and others on Rhode!

So I'm trying to set up a BH 3.5x rescale game, but the configs seem to remove Lua's property of being synchronous with the rotation of Rhode.

If I want the synchronicity of Lua to be preserved, is it a case of changing the "rescale" value?

29 minutes ago, EimajOzear said:

So I'm trying to set up a BH 3.5x rescale game, but the configs seem to remove Lua's property of being synchronous with the rotation of Rhode.

If I want the synchronicity of Lua to be preserved, is it a case of changing the "rescale" value?

i have no idea. maybe go to the settings and get to trial and error-ing your way until it does it. or else, maybe tidally lock it?

11 hours ago, EimajOzear said:

I was not aware of Lua being intended as synchronous at all. Probably the easiest way to adjust for this is to change Rhode's rotation period, which can be done within the rescale config file. Add the parameter dayLengthMultiplier (default value is 1) to the part of the config specifically for Kerbin (which is Rhode) and calculate what value would match Lua's orbit. Obviously this will have the main effect of slowing down Rhode's days as well.

Edited by Morphisor

Thanks for the help, @Morphisor! The modification to Kerbin (Rhode) to make it synchronous with Lua seems to be @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.87055837563452

Now there is a slight snag where Lua is no longer visible from the KSC (due to being obscured by the mountain range to the East and the horizon), so I tried editing Lua's LAN with HyperEdit to move it above the horizon, but this has the strange effect of changing Lua's orbital period to that of Rhode's *before* the dayLengthMultiplier change (3days 3hrs 36mins) which breaks the synchronicity again, so I've settled with what I have. Besides, Lua very quickly becomes visible on the way to orbit!

23 hours ago, EimajOzear said:

Thanks for the help, @Morphisor! The modification to Kerbin (Rhode) to make it synchronous with Lua seems to be @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.87055837563452

Now there is a slight snag where Lua is no longer visible from the KSC (due to being obscured by the mountain range to the East and the horizon), so I tried editing Lua's LAN with HyperEdit to move it above the horizon, but this has the strange effect of changing Lua's orbital period to that of Rhode's *before* the dayLengthMultiplier change (3days 3hrs 36mins) which breaks the synchronicity again, so I've settled with what I have. Besides, Lua very quickly becomes visible on the way to orbit!

Hmm, maybe try changing Rhode's initialRotation?

https://kopernicus.github.io/wiki/main/Properties.html

On 6/3/2022 at 4:53 PM, ballisticfox0 said:

Hmm, maybe try changing Rhode's initialRotation?

https://kopernicus.github.io/wiki/main/Properties.html

That did the trick, thank you!

@Morphisor, just in case you want to implement this into your config for other people to use,  for Rhode, it should be @dayLengthMultiplier = 1.87055837563452 and initialRotation = 70 (give or take)