[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

33 minutes ago, NathlessOne said:

nah, pretty sure they are just rare.

Hmm ok. But for some reason the Giant crystals on gateway and the weird bone rocks wont show up. (I'm in Armstrong's Gorges do they spawn there? The science report mentions those and I don't see any?)

On 4/6/2022 at 2:34 AM, jimmymcgoochie said:

OK, I give up. Either the Tempus system works as an extrasolar system, but the stock system is completely gone and there's a second Rhode orbiting around the space where the sun should be, or I get a massive wall of Kopernicus exceptions. Oddly enough the tracking stations on the Rhode in Tempus system are still working, but the KSC is on the Rhode orbiting the non-existent sun.

9Nc1gFZ.png

SdGsXC8.png

HXryt0u.png

I'm not really sure why this isn't working, but if someone else wants to pick this up then I can share the configs I've made so far at that point.

Sorry for the late reply. I appreciate the effort you went to to try and get it to work, but if it doesn't work, that's fine. I would have ideally loved the stock kerbol system, tempus system and the valentine system from extrasolar in one save.

This is a completely unrealistic idea from me, but if Gameslinx could somehow incorporate the tempus system into before and after kerbol that would be insane. I mean the tempus system being changed to match the kerbol system at the time. This will most likely never happen, but I can dream.

On 6/10/2022 at 4:58 PM, Sky Kerman said:

Hmm ok. But for some reason the Giant crystals on gateway and the weird bone rocks wont show up. (I'm in Armstrong's Gorges do they spawn there? The science report mentions those and I don't see any?)

i have no idea for that

Will it work without errors if I remove the parallax?

Edited: Tried. When downloading from GitHub (without parallax), there is no FPS drop, but a black square appears in the textures of the ship + when the planet approaches, they change their textures. If you download from CKAN, then the fps is low with and without parallax.

Another point: With an increase in the quality of textures, the FPS increases (paradox), but the same square appears in flight, and probably because of it - low FPS

https://imgur.com/k3oLQ04

Edited by LoLik

• 2 weeks later...

Having basically explored the whole stock Solar System several times over, I decided to get myself a different planet pack and start a new playthrough
@Gameslinx Beyond Home is a total blast! I haven't got far yet due to starting relatively recently and playing on Career Hard mode, but the stuff I've seen so far has been nothing but amazing

There were some minor, non-gameplay-breaking issues I've encountered along the way. I also had some questions about the functionality of some game mechanics (like, for example,  Anomaly detection). But I feel like most, if not all of them, have been already asked/addressed in this thread. I was wondering if there was any FAQ/Troubleshooting checklist for Beyond Home that I can search through before going through the hassle of searching through the entire thread?

Ok so im finally reaching out for support with this issue. It's plagues me everytime I've tried installing Beyond Home. Always a clean fresh install, which i load and test a short sandbox session with, then install Beyond Home and dependencies.

I always go straight to sandbox to test out everything. Every single time i test landing on another planet, I get these black squared patches of surface where its all pitch black and nearly nothing can be seen except for the spacecraft- and only at the right angle. The black square patches on the surface usually dont appear until im less than ~ 3,000m from the surface.

See Images

fmCtATf.png

NtPo8wY.png

61IgG5p.png

WCeEdF4.png

No matter when i land and hit the surface the black patches stay. I can save and go back to base, save and exit to desktop, save-exit to desktop-reboot, do whatever, but they always remain there.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out. Let me know if you need files. Thank in advance for any replys, they are greatly appreciated. I've been wanting to be able to start a long play of Beyond Home for awhile now but this is the only thing holding me back.

On 7/10/2022 at 6:04 AM, NathlessOne said:

use the parallax version recommended by BH, not the latest one

learned that the hard way

could you plz check out my reply just above this one regarding surface patches of black... do you think its because i have the most updated parallax and not the specific one mentioned in instructions on one of the info pages?

I read directions on one page to use a certain version of parallax but in the read-me file it didnt specify to use that version and gave general link to the github release page for parallax. i may go try the older version of parallax right now to see if that might clear up my issue.

On 7/17/2022 at 11:57 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

Ok so im finally reaching out for support with this issue. It's plagues me everytime I've tried installing Beyond Home. Always a clean fresh install, which i load and test a short sandbox session with, then install Beyond Home and dependencies.

I always go straight to sandbox to test out everything. Every single time i test landing on another planet, I get these black squared patches of surface where its all pitch black and nearly nothing can be seen except for the spacecraft- and only at the right angle. The black square patches on the surface usually dont appear until im less than ~ 3,000m from the surface.

See Images

fmCtATf.png

NtPo8wY.png

61IgG5p.png

WCeEdF4.png

No matter when i land and hit the surface the black patches stay. I can save and go back to base, save and exit to desktop, save-exit to desktop-reboot, do whatever, but they always remain there.

Please let me know if anyone can help me out. Let me know if you need files. Thank in advance for any replys, they are greatly appreciated. I've been wanting to be able to start a long play of Beyond Home for awhile now but this is the only thing holding me back.

could you plz check out my reply just above this one regarding surface patches of black... do you think its because i have the most updated parallax and not the specific one mentioned in instructions on one of the info pages?

I read directions on one page to use a certain version of parallax but in the read-me file it didnt specify to use that version and gave general link to the github release page for parallax. i may go try the older version of parallax right now to see if that might clear up my issue.

it is the one recommended, look at the INSTALLATION section, it should show in red text "INSTALL PARALLAX 1.0.1, NOT THE MOST RECENT ONE"

• 3 weeks later...