[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

Gotta ask, does anyone understand how the clouds in Beyond Home look so natural compared to other planet packs?

The clouds on Rhode are the best I've ever seen in KSP as they don't appear to just be one or two distinct layers of clouds, but rather an actual volumetric affair where the clouds have depth.

What is this witchcraft?

Should go without saying, but we all know someone will ask or comment on it.

The new version of Parallax does not work with Beyond Home!

You need to use the version specifically mentioned in the OP for Parallax to work (Parallax 1.0.1), or use an older version of Beyond Home if you do not want Parallax at all!

(granted, the people who need to hear this are very unlikely to actually read it before they post about how parallax isn't working)

On 3/7/2019 at 2:25 PM, Gameslinx said:

Principia - Download the patch for Beyond Home here: https://pastebin.com/m2QAyA7S

Where do I need to put this? in GameData root? or another specific folder? And Do i leave it as a .txt file or do i need to rename the extension to a config or whats extension?

2 hours ago, Zelda said:

From the Parallax thread: 

I suppose that this eventual BH-Parallax hotfix will be just for Parallax 2.0 support, then?

Linx deserves the longest of breaks for the amount of work he put into releasing what is probably the greatest mod since EVE, but it would be nice to know if the non-parallax related issues with BH will ever be looked at (even if its months or further in the future). Otherwise, I might have to start truly learning Kopernicus modding!

Which I should probably do anyways, but still.

6 hours ago, koimeiji said:

I suppose that this eventual BH-Parallax hotfix will be just for Parallax 2.0 support, then?

Linx deserves the longest of breaks for the amount of work he put into releasing what is probably the greatest mod since EVE, but it would be nice to know if the non-parallax related issues with BH will ever be looked at (even if its months or further in the future). Otherwise, I might have to start truly learning Kopernicus modding!

Which I should probably do anyways, but still.

With regards to Parallax 2.0 support, wouldn't changing Rhode's name to Kerbin allow Scatterer spawning on Rhode? As far as I understood with what Linx said, as long as the planets have their stock names, Parallax works. That's how it still works with zero patching in JNSQ, as that is just the stock system, revamped. 

7 hours ago, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

With regards to Parallax 2.0 support, wouldn't changing Rhode's name to Kerbin allow Scatterer spawning on Rhode? As far as I understood with what Linx said, as long as the planets have their stock names, Parallax works. That's how it still works with zero patching in JNSQ, as that is just the stock system, revamped. 

Nope, Rhode is already named Kerbin internally.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! 

Sorry to bother you guys but my friend is having a weird glitch with beyond home. The problem is that when he gets close to the surface of a planet or moon, sometimes there will be a 500-1km chunk of black, and makes it so he cant see the surface. Any idea on what this could be?

Cheers,

Nathan 

I'm not sure if this is a Beyond Home issue or a Kerbal Konstructs issue or what, but I can't see any way to activate the extra launchpads (I recall from a few years ago that there should be one on a mountaintop near the Space Center and one somewhere on Lua); in fact I can't find them when flying around either. There's also no Kerbal Konstructs button appearing in the interface anywhere. I just (re-)installed the latest version of Kerbal Konstructs, still nothing. Should I be using an older version of Kerbal Konstructs with Beyond Home? Is some other mod needed to make them work together? Or do I just need to change some settings somewhere?

UPDATE: It's working now! Turns out I had not realized I needed "Custom Prelaunch Checks," a dependency listed on the Kerbal Konstructs main thread.

Edited by AbacusWizard

On 9/21/2022 at 5:23 PM, NZDukeboy said:

Hi! 

Sorry to bother you guys but my friend is having a weird glitch with beyond home. The problem is that when he gets close to the surface of a planet or moon, sometimes there will be a 500-1km chunk of black, and makes it so he cant see the surface. Any idea on what this could be?

Cheers,

Nathan 

A list of mods might help. I'm having the same problem too so having something to cross check would be nice.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, Gameslinx said:

Kohm is green. If it's red, you're using the wrong scatterer version

omg ive had that problem forever. I just thought that Kohm had a beta green design and that red was it's final. Tho i do like red Kohm, maybe make it an option to go between red and green in the future?

For scaled up to 3.7x(with Sigma Dimensions) what is the correct day length multiplier? IIRC Lua is supposed to remain in the same place in the sky but I haven't figured out the right day length multiplier for that yet.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2022 at 5:14 AM, Kerbin Launch Coalition said:

Gotta ask, does anyone understand how the clouds in Beyond Home look so natural compared to other planet packs?

The clouds on Rhode are the best I've ever seen in KSP as they don't appear to just be one or two distinct layers of clouds, but rather an actual volumetric affair where the clouds have depth.

What is this witchcraft?

I have no idea what the witchcraft here is.

On 10/2/2022 at 1:36 PM, Gameslinx said:

Kohm is green. If it's red, you're using the wrong scatterer version

Thank you so much.

On 9/9/2022 at 11:36 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

Where do I need to put this? in GameData root? or another specific folder? And Do i leave it as a .txt file or do i need to rename the extension to a config or whats extension?

I believe it will work fine in the GameData folder though you must rename the file extension to a .cfg in order for it to take effect.
A bit late, but I hope this helps!

How big is Rhode supposed to be on 3.5x scale, and what dV is it supposed to be to get to low orbit? Tracking Station tells me that Rhode has 1100km diameter (!) and Astrogator says I need about ~5000m/s dV to get to orbit.

Calculating based on the dV map in the OP says I need sqrt(3.5)*2544 ~= 4759m/s dV.

Maybe I just used an overpowered rocket to start with, I accidentally sent a small probe interplanetary with ~7000m/s dV:

Spoiler

t3WvrYp.png

meO1kfS.png

yW8iLpq.png

dklKVA1.png

On 1/29/2022 at 4:53 PM, GDorn said:

You need the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg file from the Kopernicus repository.  See https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-74 (you should probably use the one for the release you're running, though that particular file rarely changes.)

I was wondering why my solar panels had "Blocked by Destiny" on them sometimes. Thanks for finding the fix!

Hello I have a problem with BH and after some tests and research on the forum I do not see it and maybe you will have a solution

for me the texture in high orbit is totally different from the grounds texture and the grounds texture i have is different from the images i saw from the mod

I play with :
BH 1.5.2
parallax 1.0.1
and the other mods are the ones needed to make BH work

the best example is armstrong, in orbit is a grey and white moon and whene i get closer that change for a yellow mustard color 

On 11/1/2022 at 6:20 AM, stellar and beyond said:

Hello I have a problem with BH and after some tests and research on the forum I do not see it and maybe you will have a solution

for me the texture in high orbit is totally different from the grounds texture and the grounds texture i have is different from the images i saw from the mod

I play with :
BH 1.5.2
parallax 1.0.1
and the other mods are the ones needed to make BH work

the best example is armstrong, in orbit is a grey and white moon and whene i get closer that change for a yellow mustard color 

normal, i think Gameslinx forgot about making the textures from orbit and on surface be the same, only solution is to either deal with it, or to go to BH 1.4.1/1.4.2