[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

On 11/1/2022 at 6:20 AM, stellar and beyond said:

Hello I have a problem with BH and after some tests and research on the forum I do not see it and maybe you will have a solution

for me the texture in high orbit is totally different from the grounds texture and the grounds texture i have is different from the images i saw from the mod

I play with :
BH 1.5.2
parallax 1.0.1
and the other mods are the ones needed to make BH work

the best example is armstrong, in orbit is a grey and white moon and whene i get closer that change for a yellow mustard color 

20 hours ago, NathlessOne said:

normal, i think Gameslinx forgot about making the textures from orbit and on surface be the same, only solution is to either deal with it, or to go to BH 1.4.1/1.4.2

I have a partial solution. Deleting parallax Stock textures and moving terrain quality all the way to the right (mine has more than just the there usual settings for some reason) has gotten rid of the squares.

On 11/4/2022 at 10:45 PM, Derpistheword said:

I have a partial solution. Deleting parallax Stock textures and moving terrain quality all the way to the right (mine has more than just the there usual settings for some reason) has gotten rid of the squares.

Appreciated, but could you give an image of what you mean? Mine appears to already be all to the right, and even the shader quality which I didn't notice before didn't change squat.

I also never installed stock textures.

2 hours ago, Zmeya said:

I would assume so as long as you install the Principia patch, try it in a test save so you know for sure.

The reason I'm unsure is because n-body systems are very delicate and I'm not certain that the Principia-patched version of Beyond Home will still be stable after being rescaled.

2 hours ago, septemberWaves said:

The reason I'm unsure is because n-body systems are very delicate and I'm not certain that the Principia-patched version of Beyond Home will still be stable after being rescaled.

Which is part of why I suggested you try it with a test save, the other reason is that it's faster to test yourself than to wait for someone that knows for a fact how it will work

I'm getting back into this, and I have some questions --

- How do I run scatter experiments? I can walk right up to a sapling on Lua and I know there's meant to be experiments associated with them, but I can't figure out how to run them.

- Is Armstrong meant to be grey or yellow? It's grey at a distance, but turns a sulfurous yellow when I get closer. I'm assuming it's loading the wrong textures at some LOD level or something, but I'm not sure which ones are correct. I haven't landed on it yet so I can't say what it's like up close, but the shift in colour from 200km ASL to 50km is sudden and very dramatic -- I can get screenshots next time I'm at the computer.

- Do rare scatters like the Lua Terraformers show up in SCANSAT anomaly maps, or do you just need to wander around until you find one?

On 11/19/2022 at 11:18 AM, ToxicFrog said:

I'm getting back into this, and I have some questions --

- How do I run scatter experiments? I can walk right up to a sapling on Lua and I know there's meant to be experiments associated with them, but I can't figure out how to run them.

- Do rare scatters like the Lua Terraformers show up in SCANSAT anomaly maps, or do you just need to wander around until you find one?

1: Have kerbal close enough to scatter, right click kerbal
2: explore until you find the rare scatters, I found one of Lua's rare scatters while an unmanned plane was entering it's atmosphere 20221105091858_1.jpg

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with the structures not spawning. 

I'm running on version 1.12.3 and Parallax 1.0.1 like it says. I am getting the regular ground scatter like rocks, trees, etc.

Noticed that none of the Terraformers were spawning and Ashs structures weren't anywhere to be found.

Anyone got suggestions or a solution?

On 10/2/2022 at 10:36 AM, Gameslinx said:

Kohm is green. If it's red, you're using the wrong scatterer version

Which Scatterer version should I be using? I’m pretty sure I have the one linked from the first post in this thread, but Kohm is a pale red/pink color.

5 hours ago, Varix said:

Hey Guys,

I'm having an issue with the structures not spawning. 

I'm running on version 1.12.3 and Parallax 1.0.1 like it says. I am getting the regular ground scatter like rocks, trees, etc.

Noticed that none of the Terraformers were spawning and Ashs structures weren't anywhere to be found.

Anyone got suggestions or a solution?

I’m having this problem as well. I can see (and use) the secondary space center on Lua and some ruined buildings nearby, and I found

Spoiler

an ancient crashed spaceship on Kohm,

but I can’t find anything else but rocks and trees. I tried installing ScanSat and scanning Lua, but even at 85% scanned, no “anomalies” show up on the map at all.

I'm getting an issue where the ground is pitch black in the usual loading range of parallax, I have another planet mod installed and the problem only happens on BH. I have parallax 1.0.1 and the latest version of ksp (1.12.4)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bjx90pfum2bh16m/errorimage.PNG?dl=0 This is an image, sometimes there is nullref spam, but the last time i tried debugging it there was no exceptions

My modlist is

Spoiler

Harmony
B9 part switch
Beyond Home
Community resource pack and tech tree
All Cryo Engines
Cryo Tanks
Distant Object Enhancement
EVE
Galaxies unbound
Latest version of Kopernicus (BE)
Modular Flight Integrator
All Near Future Parts
Latest version of Scatterer
Parallax 1.0.1
ModuleManager

Can anyone help me?

Edit: Wait, beyond home isnt compatible with 1.12? my bad :confused:

Edited by NatStock
Fixed the problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Made a custom 8k skybox, tweaked a handful of BH's Kopernicus configs, tweaked scatterer and sunflare configs and assets, and created this custom styled Beyond Home with fictional stars sheding pink and blue light. Coupled with the purple nebula from the 8k skybox it makes it look great.

U6RXder.jpg

XXipzhe.jpg

TTRTT6j.jpg

IbflVuU.jpg

1yx2lOo.jpg

gXBwK4s.jpg

MILGCd7.jpg

On 3/2/2023 at 6:37 AM, Astra Infinitum said:

Made a custom 8k skybox, tweaked a handful of BH's Kopernicus configs, tweaked scatterer and sunflare configs and assets, and created this custom styled Beyond Home with fictional stars sheding pink and blue light. Coupled with the purple nebula from the 8k skybox it makes it look great.

U6RXder.jpg

XXipzhe.jpg

TTRTT6j.jpg

IbflVuU.jpg

1yx2lOo.jpg

gXBwK4s.jpg

MILGCd7.jpg

holy shet dude! How did you even make this? Where can i get this? It doesnt even look like beyond home anymore, i need this in my life now

Two questions: Are the unique science terrain features compatible with Kerbalism, at least can they still be sampled? And is there any easy way to see what terrain features are able to be sampled? I've gone up to some on Lua and Ash that I assumed may provide something, but no new action appeared in the list, so I'm trying to figure out if I'm not looking at the right things, or if it's Kerbalism. I know they show up in the Kerbalism Science Archive, however they don't show the specific planet they're for and most of the sample names lack the planets name. I'm able to look through the model files to see what some of the things look like, but the naming scheme is somewhat mixed like with the experiment listed as "Angled Rock Analysis", the action listed as "Sample Volcanic Spire", and the model named "AngledSpire", assuming that's the correct model. Just a tad tedious and confusing.

• 2 weeks later...