[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

2 hours ago, Karrot said:

Do you have a Chinese version of the Transcendence Module? If not, can you give me the localization work and look forward to your reply.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

Hello. I've seen your website where you redistribute mods and charge people money to download them. I am aware you are the owner of the website or distributor of the mods on there, and it has been brought to my attention by a fellow modmaker that you upload our hard work onto your website and force people in China to pay for them if they want to download them.

I will be brutally honest: You will have no support from me. Having the audacity to even come here and ask me to provide you with the material so you can do this is ridiculous.

If you upload Beyond Home onto your website, you are committing a crime. You would be violating my license (All Rights Reserved) and redistributing assets I have worked on for years. If you do this (and I have fully aware that you already do with quite a lot of mods), you are a disrespectful person. If that doesn't put you off, it gives modmakers such as myself the ability to take legal action against you. We do not profit from our work. You should not profit from our work either. I know that telling you this will not change what you are doing, but it might just make you think.

You will receive no support from me.

10 minutes ago, Puggonaut said:

Ok somehow I've managed to rescale the wonderful mod to 2.5 

One small issue :lol:

screenshot145.png

erm help lmao how do I fix this :blink:

Ha!

It might be a bit of trial and error I'm afraid!

Go to BeyondHome/Configs/Rhode.cfg and scroll to the bottom. In the SpaceCenter node there should be a value called repositionRadialOffset, or something to do with offset. Try decreasing this a bit until it's back on the ground!

I'll make a patch for rescaled versions soon :)

Umm.  Can't get a rendezvous with a contract Kerbal Recovery.  Every time I get close the target separation changes (the imgur quality is REALLY BAD but the separation distance is changing with throttle set to zero).  It's not just rendezvous with other ships either.  It'll happen with my PE around Lua after I do my transfer burn from Rhode.  I haven't seen it on any other planet other then Lua yet (or didn't notice).  Does that make sense?  If not I'll try uploading a better shot of the rendezvous with the other ship and one with Lua.

https://imgur.com/a/fxtgpPH

On 2/28/2020 at 10:26 PM, Gameslinx said:

Ha!

It might be a bit of trial and error I'm afraid!

Go to BeyondHome/Configs/Rhode.cfg and scroll to the bottom. In the SpaceCenter node there should be a value called repositionRadialOffset, or something to do with offset. Try decreasing this a bit until it's back on the ground!

I'll make a patch for rescaled versions soon :)

Thanks for the tip appreciate that .

Only took 3 attempts repositionRadialOffset is now set to 27 and its done &)

Edited by Puggonaut 2
cfg

14 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

你好。我见过您的网站,您可以在其中重新分发mod并向人们收费以下载它们。我知道您是该网站的所有者或该网站上的Mod的发行商,而一位Modmod制作人已提请我注意,您将我们的辛苦工作上传到您的网站上,并强迫中国人为他们付款想要下载它们。

我会很残酷的诚实:您不会得到我的支持。甚至有胆量来这里,请我向您提供材料,以便您能够做到这一点是荒谬的。

如果将“超越家园”上传到您的网站,则表示您犯了罪。您将违反我的许可证(保留所有权利)并重新分配我使用多年的资产。如果您这样做(并且我已经  完全意识到  您已经使用了大量的mod),那么您就是一个不敬的人。如果这不能阻止您,那么它使像我这样的modmaker能够对您采取法律行动。我们不能从我们的工作中获利。您也不应从我们的工作中获利。我知道告诉您这不会改变您的工作,但是可能会让您思考。

您不会得到我的支持。

Hey all! I'm improving a couple of bodies (sorry) because I don't feel like they match the style. Currently I've finished Armstrong. There have been tweaks to its terrain and colouring, but the surface features remain the same. 

I hope you all like the improvements:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Gameslinx

19 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Hey all! I'm improving a couple of bodies (sorry) because I don't feel like they match the style. Currently I've finished Armstrong. There have been tweaks to its terrain and colouring, but the surface features remain the same. 

I hope you all like the improvements:

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

New Armstrong is great, hope there will still be some full-flat areas, players use it like a minmus analogue. BTW, i see some difference between 1.7.3 Lua and 1.8.1 Lua, the scatterer atmo was nicely light blue, and now it is strangely grey. Is it intended?

kiss_381kb.1583171348.pngkiss_355kb.1583171439.png

Just now, Hohmannson said:

New Armstrong is great, hope there will still be some full-flat areas, players use it like a minmus analogue. BTW, i see some difference between 1.7.3 Lua and 1.8.1 Lua, the scatterer atmo was nicely light blue, and now it is strangely grey. Is it intended?

kiss_381kb.1583171348.pngkiss_355kb.1583171439.png

Yes this is intended. Lua's surface contains a lot of dust which will make its atmosphere appear a lot more muddy. I've also adjusted the atmosphere slightly to take Fate's star colour into account more, which is why it's tinted slightly more orange

42 minutes ago, Bowers said:

Does Gateway have landmass you can land on? Is so, where?

Absolutely amazing mod!

Yes, they are incredibly rare, but commonly found just above the equator. Thank you for the kind words :) 

On 1/18/2020 at 6:48 AM, Gameslinx said:

The Lua base works again thanks to a Kerbal Konstructs update!

unknown.png

Is Kerbal Konstructs required for the extra Rhode space center (in the mountains near the original space center, I've seen in your earlier videos) and the Lua base?  Do they have to be found before using them? 

Am I missing out on anything else without Kerbal Konstructs?

EDIT: Found one answer

It costs 7,000,000 to unlock. You require Kerbal Konstructs. 

Edited by gword256
found answer

3 hours ago, gword256 said:

Is Kerbal Konstructs required for the extra Rhode space center (in the mountains near the original space center, I've seen in your earlier videos) and the Lua base?  Do they have to be found before using them? 

They don't need discovering before use. In 1.3 it costs 4 million instead of the original 7 million. Only the Lua base exists in this update, because the mountain base caused lots of problems. That's all you need KK for.

On 3/2/2020 at 9:51 PM, Gameslinx said:

Yes, they are incredibly rare, but commonly found just above the equator. Thank you for the kind words :) 

I just found them and.... Wow! Really like the features you put on them ;)

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Cannot stress enough how amazing this mod is :D

29 minutes ago, Bowers said:

I just found them and.... Wow! Really like the features you put on them ;)

Thanks for taking the time to answer. Cannot stress enough how amazing this mod is :D

No worries, I try to answer every post here! (I get email notifications).

Thank you :)

Performance time!

I've come up with some new trees for Rhode as some of you might have seen. These perform slightly better than the default trees included in KSP, but I've managed to make another performance boost to them by almost halving their vertex count:

Introducing the Leaves+ model!

unknown.png

It might be difficult to tell them apart initially, but they are very different. One of them is evil!

The leaves on the left have a vertex count of 56. That's 7 faces with thickness. Each face has 8 vertices, so a combined total of 56 vertices for this leaf.

The leaves on the right have a vertex count of 34. Each face is now a triangle. With thickness that's 6 vertices per face, and now there are 6 faces instead of 7. That would be a combined total of 36, except two faces share a vertex, bringing that count to 34! These are huge savings on trees and massive boosts to performance, very easily outperforming the regular trees on Kerbin!

For those interested, here are the face layouts for the old and the new leaves:

unknown.png

unknown.png

Expect performance improvements on Rhode and Kohm in the next update along with more diverse foliage :)

I've gone a bit further on Rhode's foliage and clumped some of the trees into small patches where the trees are more densely packed to make them look better distributed. I'm happy with the results!

I've also merged the leaves and trunks into one model which will ease up your CPU usage by an awful lot, since GPU instancing doesn't work

unknown.png

unknown.png

These changes will be taking effect on Kohm as well :)

I haven't added the forests to Kohm just yet, but in my most recent career mode video on my YouTube you'll be able to see their new models there, along with a new structure coming to Kohm :)

I seem to be having issues with the mod, my game won't view kopernicus as installed, and it won't view beyond home as installed, any ways to fix this?

if you need to see my mod list here it is. (feel free to disregard literally every other mod that isn't essential to the way this and kopernicus work)

Screen_Shot_2020-03-12_at_2.22.05_PM.png

44 minutes ago, Travelbysakura said:

I seem to be having issues with the mod, my game won't view kopernicus as installed, and it won't view beyond home as installed, any ways to fix this?

if you need to see my mod list here it is. (feel free to disregard literally every other mod that isn't essential to the way this and kopernicus work)

Screen_Shot_2020-03-12_at_2.22.05_PM.png

Please can you upload your KSP.log file and post a link to it here?

Hi all,

I just happened across this mod and I'm eager to try it, but I have a few questions about how it plays with other mods / how it's intended to be used first.

For context, I've played KSP since 2012, though I've drifted away from it in the past few years and have hardly glanced at the past few releases of the game.  I'm drawn to the claim that this mod makes its planets feel alive; the lack of that in stock KSP is, to me, one of its main shortcomings.  I'd like to be able to pretend that the kerbals I send out are actually doing things, and that there are things to be done on the planets they go to, but I usually can't suspend my disbelief that far in stock.

In the past I've usually played in career mode, since it provides direction and structure to a game, but my last couple of attempts to get back into KSP fizzled when I realized I'd have to grind science from all of my home planet's moon(s)' biomes to unlock enough parts to go interplanetary.  It sounds like this mod, with starting space centers on both a planet and its moon, does not intend for there to be an early-career low-tech phase.  Does it work well with career mode at all, and if so what's a good way to handle the early tech tree?  Is career mode even needed to impose progression on a game in this solar system?  Are there other career-mode mods that play well with this planet pack, e.g. Strategia and contract packs, or do they get confused?

I like to play with a life support mod and some sort of colonization / off-world construction mod, since these help maintain the belief that my kerbals are doing something in their bases while the game isn't focused on them.  I see that this mod supports Kerbalism, but that's more hardcore than I like to get with life support.  Does this mod play well with USI life support and colonization mods?  Or are there others that would be a better choice here?

Are there other mods that folks would recommend to use with this planet pack?  Propulsion or other parts packs that prove handy on some of the other worlds?  Anything that really enhances the experience?

Thanks!

4 hours ago, Mattasmack said:

Hi all,

I just happened across this mod and I'm eager to try it, but I have a few questions about how it plays with other mods / how it's intended to be used first.

For context, I've played KSP since 2012, though I've drifted away from it in the past few years and have hardly glanced at the past few releases of the game.  I'm drawn to the claim that this mod makes its planets feel alive; the lack of that in stock KSP is, to me, one of its main shortcomings.  I'd like to be able to pretend that the kerbals I send out are actually doing things, and that there are things to be done on the planets they go to, but I usually can't suspend my disbelief that far in stock.

In the past I've usually played in career mode, since it provides direction and structure to a game, but my last couple of attempts to get back into KSP fizzled when I realized I'd have to grind science from all of my home planet's moon(s)' biomes to unlock enough parts to go interplanetary.  It sounds like this mod, with starting space centers on both a planet and its moon, does not intend for there to be an early-career low-tech phase.  Does it work well with career mode at all, and if so what's a good way to handle the early tech tree?  Is career mode even needed to impose progression on a game in this solar system?  Are there other career-mode mods that play well with this planet pack, e.g. Strategia and contract packs, or do they get confused?

I like to play with a life support mod and some sort of colonization / off-world construction mod, since these help maintain the belief that my kerbals are doing something in their bases while the game isn't focused on them.  I see that this mod supports Kerbalism, but that's more hardcore than I like to get with life support.  Does this mod play well with USI life support and colonization mods?  Or are there others that would be a better choice here?

Are there other mods that folks would recommend to use with this planet pack?  Propulsion or other parts packs that prove handy on some of the other worlds?  Anything that really enhances the experience?

Thanks!

I've done my fair share of playing through in career mode myself so I thought I'd drop some insight:

The starting planet is slightly easier than Kerbin, and its moon allows you to use parachutes in its atmosphere, so the early game is a little easier. The space centre on the moon can be unlocked for a fairly large sum of funds, so it's not available right away, however it has a fuel depot next to the space centre that you can use to refuel your crafts provided you land them on the moon first. The low-tech career stage is however fast or slow you choose to make it. I'm playing with 50% science gains and I found it to be fairly balanced for my style. You can get science from the surface features by performing an EVA near them and right clicking your kerbal to perform the relevant experiment. This will accelerate the amount of science you gain early on, as you can sample trees and cacti on the home planet.

As for mods, I believe all of the mods you mentioned work, but do let me know if they don't. I play with Strategia myself and it gives me a good reason to visit some of the planets and moons that I might not always decide to go to first!

In my playthrough I'm playing with the stock parts (Restock, for the new look). I would heavily recommend Astrogator because it will tell you the Delta-V required to perform an encounter with another planet in the mod accurately. Whilst the deltaV map is still in the making, that's the best option for now :)