Jump to content

[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

i mean is there a previous version i can use or something

Yes there is, however it's 7 months old. Your best option is updating, as almost all 1.7 mods have updated to 1.8

Edited by Gameslinx
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, kspnerd122 said:

ok i just wanted to know if there was 1 as steam does not let you pick what to update to it goes to the latest version.

Yes it does. Right click KSP and go to "Properties", then "Betas" and change your version

qj1ZPAe.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi,

Firstly thanks for all the hard work you have put into your mods. I haven't played KSP for several years without one installed, they are fantastic!

 

Secondly (and I'm sorry this comes just after a biome fix update) but I think you may have made a small error with Rhode's biomes. There is a biome defined as the 'Great Basin' but no such biome exists on the planet itself. However there are two 'Verlon Basins'. I guess that one of those was intended to be the Great Basin.

 

Once again thanks so much for all your work these past few years. Hope the quarantine is treating you well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, kspnerd122 said:

well my computer forces me to use a pay to use service called winzip i had to spend an hour getting it to work

That's some kind of malware, legitimate software doesn't work like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Pro100kerbonaut said:

Awesome mod but it started to crash on game startup

Mods are Beyond Home, Kopernicus, ModularFlightIntegrator, Module Manager all last versions

ksp.log

The log doesn't highlight a crash, it just got to the point between KSP finishes loading and the main menu. In that time, Kopernicus is replacing the planets with the BH planets and this has to be done within a single frame, so the game will appear to have stopped / crashed, when it's just taking its time.

Did you get the unity crash prompt / did KSP close? If it did, I think I'll need your player.log which is now located in your AppData/LocalLow/Squad/KerbalSpaceProgram folder. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all, I want to say thanks a lot for this system, It's been great fun playing it up until I hit a pretty major snag. I have an issue using this mod with Sigma Dimensions. With the base resize value set to anything besides 1 all my landers, no matter how slow I'm flying, either explode hundreds of meters off the surface as if they're hitting the ground really fast or they just fall through the "ground" until they hit an AGL value of 0 and explode. There's also no visible scatters either despite having scatters set to "on" with 100% density. All of this doesn't apply to the home planet, Rhode, at all for some reason. I tried landing at several elevations there while testing and it was fine rescaled. Am I missing something in the rescale config files? I have a large suite of mods installed, but they're almost all either parts, effects/graphics, or difficulty enhancing mods.

Wow that was an easy fix, I had a real solid brainfart on that one I'll leave the fix here in case any of you have the same problem. To fix it, set Settings > Graphics > Scenery > Terrain Detail to the highest it'll go. I didn't try that setting on my first couple checks because I thought it was only graphical, not physical too. Oopsy.

Edited by SeanJames2323
I fixed it, I am a dummy.
Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to say that the planets look great. I have been only to Lua during my new carrer mode and I found one interesting thing about the experiments you added (rocks sampling etc.): the game registers it as different experiment when you sample the object while flying and while staying on ground.

There is also an interesting story about my journey to Lua: I have my lander in orbit, land in one of the craters, do experiments and so on, leave, dock with my main ship and then... I notice I forgot to plant a flag as part of the Strategia contract for Lua Exploration... sooo second landing it is, this time in highlands. I land, do the experiments and then leave. On my journey to orbit I encounetred the Lua terraformer for the first time, it looks fabulous, however it's kinda sad that scatters load only when you get quite close to them, especially in the case of the massive structures that you added. I hope I won't crash into them (oh yes, I will...at some point). When I got back to orbit I noticed.... yes..... exactly that..... I DIDN'T PLANT A FLAG...... AGAIN. Well then I guess I'll just take the science and plant a flag another time if I remember to do it.

Also one last thing: I looked at the sounds you added with the modpack, I now feel so smart after listening to them.

Edit: I just landed on the other side of Rhode, recovered my craft and in the recovery screen it says "Recovered - 132,9km from Lua Base Launchpad" and it gives me about 92% funds from recovery, do you have any idea what could be the cause for it, because one thing I know for sure, Lua definetly isn't only 132km away from Rhode.

Edited by Raptor42
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

I have to say that the planets look great. I have been only to Lua during my new carrer mode and I found one interesting thing about the experiments you added (rocks sampling etc.): the game registers it as different experiment when you sample the object while flying and while staying on ground.

There is also an interesting story about my journey to Lua: I have my lander in orbit, land in one of the craters, do experiments and so on, leave, dock with my main ship and then... I notice I forgot to plant a flag as part of the Strategia contract for Lua Exploration... sooo second landing it is, this time in highlands. I land, do the experiments and then leave. On my journey to orbit I encounetred the Lua terraformer for the first time, it looks fabulous, however it's kinda sad that scatters load only when you get quite close to them, especially in the case of the massive structures that you added. I hope I won't crash into them (oh yes, I will...at some point). When I got back to orbit I noticed.... yes..... exactly that..... I DIDN'T PLANT A FLAG...... AGAIN. Well then I guess I'll just take the science and plant a flag another time if I remember to do it.

Also one last thing: I looked at the sounds you added with the modpack, I now feel so smart after listening to them.

That's awesome thank you! I'll have a look at the different situations when sampling rocks. I think I can disable sampling them when in space low / flying low, and limit then to just on the ground, but it also works if you sample them in different biomes. The same rock in a Highland biome will give you science when sampling it again in a lowlands biome, but that's out of my control and actually not too unrealistic to be called a bug!

I can increase the scatter load radius but it is exponentially worse on performance so I limit it. If you do want to increase it you can find it in Settings.cfg if you search for Lua, or BH_High.

By the sounds I'm assuming the audio file in the install folder?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

I can increase the scatter load radius but it is exponentially worse on performance so I limit it. If you do want to increase it you can find it in Settings.cfg if you search for Lua, or BH_High.

By the sounds I'm assuming the audio file in the install folder?

Thanks for explaining this, and as far as the sound goes, I am not aware of any other sound files that are in the install folder ;).

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is the help thread, not sure where the development thread went. I'm having an issue on Kohm that whenever I get near the ground or fly over it for a good amount of time my ship is instantaneously obliterated. Each time this happens, it says so and so part crashed into Kohm. Of course, I am nowhere near to hitting the ground or any scatters, so I am not sure what the issue is.

 

UPDATE: I think it's just the kraken, I found that landing gear inside the cargo bay was being deployed which was causing some of the issue, but the craft still wants to disassemble.

Edited by sacredbacon
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Odevall said:

Hi, 

About rescaling, does it really change the gameplay ? Is it necessary to fully enjoy your wonderful mod ?

 

Thx :)

 

Rescale makes it harder to reach certain places, so if you find the default system too easy, then rescale is how you make it more challenging!

It's definitely not required at all, I don't play with rescale.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure if this is from Beyond Mod but sometimes when I I go to launch my rocket  KSP crashes.  I'm on 1.8.1 and have everything that can be updated up to date.  Not sure what I should look for in the log folder

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

I'm not sure if this is from Beyond Mod but sometimes when I I go to launch my rocket  KSP crashes.  I'm on 1.8.1 and have everything that can be updated up to date.  Not sure what I should look for in the log folder

I need your KSP.log, which can be found in your Kerbal Space Program folder.

Beyond Home is a planet mod and adds almost no actual code to the game. Unless you are not meeting the system requirements stated in the OP, it is highly unlikely that you will crash because of it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...