[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

6 minutes ago, R-T-B said:

That was the behavior when we used the stock generator, which was a stopgap measure to implement comets.  We don't use it anymore though, nodes must be defined like in Kopernicus 1.8.1.  The pro to this is you can decide where asteroids will spawn.  The stock generator was always more of a stopgap solution, because it wasn't customizable.

Yes, this was a recent change, though technically it is going back to 1.8 behavior.  Sorry for the lack of communication on it.  I believe this PDF may help you with the configs you need:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lag8opde3zimjqc/KopernicusAsteroids.pdf?dl=0

Thanks for the clarifications.

@GamesLinx Additionally, I was looking at the code and it looks like Lua has a description that describes a biome of polar highlands but I'm unable to find this biome at all, either in-code or in-game. Was curious what was up with that.

On 9/26/2020 at 3:41 PM, Geonovast said:

Unfortunately I have no idea where to even think about looking, either.

The only thing odd I noticed was that the Parallax-linux.unity3d file (11.6 KB) is significantly smaller than the macosx (225.2 KB) and windows (182.5 KB) files.  Not sure if that could be an indicator of something not compiling correctly?

I tried it in Steam with the Windows version under Proton and it seems to have worked, although the game's all flickery doing that.  I'll probably just leave it for now, if you figure something out and need me to test it, lemme know.

I get this same issue on Linux and noticed how much smaller the shader file seems to be. Are your rings pink too?

I also filed an issue on the Github repository for this mod as I don't know if it is a Parallax or Beyond Home issue.

[Edit 14:18 3-Oct] I renamed the Parallax-macosx.unity3d shader to Parallax-linux.unity3d and no longer have the missing textures on Rhode. I do not know if this is an adequate workaround but it looks to be working so far.

Edited by jakedacatman
update + workaround

18 minutes ago, Br0nson said:

My crafts keeps exploding when touching the surface of planets and moons... any idea why? Kopernicus?

Are you using rescale? Rescale is super bugged. The fix is on the last page, I believe 

On 10/3/2020 at 12:31 PM, Geonovast said:

This seems to have fixed the "everything is pink" problem I was having as well.

Interesting!  It looks like it's detecting MacOS as linux, and thus loading the wrong shader bundle.  I wonder why?

3 hours ago, R-T-B said:

Interesting!  It looks like it's detecting MacOS as linux, and thus loading the wrong shader bundle.  I wonder why?

I think you misunderstood.  I'm running Linux.  With it trying to use the linux bundle, the planets are completely pink.  If I force it to use the MacOS bundle, then it works.  It's a little glitchy and flickery, and the sea level rises as I go up in altitude, but I wasn't gonna complain since I'm not using it in the proper way.

Given my issues, the fix, and the massive file size differences, I'm just assuming the linux shader is broken, but it's working well enough with this workaround.

24 minutes ago, Geonovast said:

I think you misunderstood.  I'm running Linux.  With it trying to use the linux bundle, the planets are completely pink.  If I force it to use the MacOS bundle, then it works.  It's a little glitchy and flickery, and the sea level rises as I go up in altitude, but I wasn't gonna complain since I'm not using it in the proper way.

Given my issues, the fix, and the massive file size differences, I'm just assuming the linux shader is broken, but it's working well enough with this workaround.

Ah, gotcha.  That's odd too but in a different way.

so I installed this mod via CKAN on KSP 1.10. This means it automatically installed the Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (which is updated up to KSP 1.9) and Parallax.

in the loading screen I get a error message from Kopernicus stating it does not work with my current version of KSP. This made me a bit worried but I went through with it anyways just to be sure.
so far I have restarted KSP at least eight times with the same error message in the loading screen, and the same result in the main menu, three kerbals floating in front of an unmodded Kerbin.

now both you and CKAN claim that this mod works on KSP 1.10 and the comments seem to confirm that, so I am wondering if there might be something wrong with my game/how CKAN installs the mod?

loading screen error:

unknown.png

main menu:

unknown.png

I will also mention that I have tried to open a save just in case (in this case it would be making a new game) three times but the results were as expected an unmodded solar system
I will also provide logs upon request but currently I don't have enough time for that

I actually probably should mention that when I do enter a save, the terrain looks not like stock KSP (assuming it is thanks to Parallax), and the sea is almost completely transparant

unknown.png

7 minutes ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

so I installed this mod via CKAN on KSP 1.10. This means it automatically installed the Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (which is updated up to KSP 1.9) and Parallax.

in the loading screen I get a error message from Kopernicus stating it does not work with my current version of KSP. This made me a bit worried but I went through with it anyways just to be sure.
so far I have restarted KSP at least eight times with the same error message in the loading screen, and the same result in the main menu, three kerbals floating in front of an unmodded Kerbin.

now both you and CKAN claim that this mod works on KSP 1.10 and the comments seem to confirm that, so I am wondering if there might be something wrong with my game/how CKAN installs the mod?

loading screen error:

unknown.png

main menu:

unknown.png

I will also mention that I have tried to open a save just in case (in this case it would be making a new game) three times but the results were as expected an unmodded solar system
I will also provide logs upon request but currently I don't have enough time for that

I actually probably should mention that when I do enter a save, the terrain looks not like stock KSP (assuming it is thanks to Parallax), and the sea is almost completely transparant

unknown.png

Download the correct version of Kopernicus from the link in the OP and your troubles should be fixed.

51 minutes ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

51 minutes ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

I installed this mod via CKAN on KSP 1.10. This means it automatically installed the Kopernicus Planetary System Modifier (which is updated up to KSP 1.9)

Download Kopernicus 1.10. https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/index.php?/topic/195699-191-1101r-t-bs-kopernicus-unified-bleeding-edge-branch/

1 hour ago, Yoloking Mapping said:

Hi there, I recently installed Beyond Home
I encountered some problems when opening the game
Nz8aTO4.pngWhen I first opened ksp, the ground is basically pink. Any solutions?

Can you send your log?

15 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

Beyond Home isn't even installed, my dude

You sure you sent the right log?

Oh sorry! I didn't send the correct log, my bad!

Here's the correct one: http://www.mediafire.com/file/v7z4lvtqrhdhz3f/KSP.log/file
I really should've double checked it.

Spoiler

I updated the same link so I think it might just give the exact same file. Well you can just give it a try :) 

Spoiler

I removed the Parallax-linux.unity3d and Parallax-macosx.unity3d and Rhode's surface is back to normal, however Gateway's rings are pink and Lua's terrain is glitchy
xYAAXYH.png

Edited by Yoloking Mapping
Fixed Rhode's Pink surface

Please help.

I installed this:

1) KSP 1.8.1(with both DLC)

2) Beyond Home 1.5.2

3) Kopernicus 1.8.1-1

4) Parallax 1.0.1 (I also tried removing this, with no change).

I get this black terrain that follows me around with a rover and also with an airplane. I removed Parallax and it made no difference. I changed the tessellation and texture settings for my video driver and it made no difference. I did turn terrain scatters to 100% and set terrain quality to highest as instructed.

Does anyone know how I can fix this, please? I really want to play this mod, but if I cannot get this fixed then it is basically unplayable.

The system I'm playing on has a 1300X CPU, a RX550 GPU with 4GB VRAM and 16GB of memory.

KSP log file: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13HU-ZlVskGtdoE6gr319dAcl2T73G3jn/view?usp=sharing

YHe5JZ7.png

Edited by ernstsmit
Added log file

On 9/24/2020 at 8:27 PM, Geonovast said:

I am also getting the black squares.  They seem to follow me whereever I go, however they disappear when I am about 1km above the ground.

Primarily have been trying in KSP 1.9.1, but I get the same result in 1.10.1.  I get it in Linux and in Windows.  GoG and Steam versions of the game. 

Tried on two different computers.  i7-7700K/64GB DDR4/GTX 1070Ti and Ryzen 7-2700/32GB DDR4/GTX 1070Ti.  Same result in every combination.

Terrain scatters enable and turned up to 100%.

I have tried it with and without Parallax, with and without EVE/Scatterer, with and without Sigma.

For 1.9.1, using Kopernicus 1.9.1-1 from here.

For 1.10.1, using Kopernicus BE 1101 Release 30 from here.

Using Beyond Home version 1.5.1  (BTW, in case nobody else has reported it, either the 1.5.1 download on github is wrong or the version file is wrong, as it says 1.4.0.)

ztGDczN.png

Log File: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dNwuv0VfEHXqHeG6-_VuhYzlGw7I8iQF/view?usp=sharing

Edit:

I tried aga in, fresh install of 1.10.1 with just Kopernicus, Beyond Home, and Parallax.

I get this on startup:

y5MbSLk.png

Terrain Quality is on Ultra.  Beyond Home, Kopernicus, and Modular Flight Integrator are all installed. 

FnVy50F.png

It's still working to some degree since the game loads and I'm able to launch vessels, just with those black boxes.

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you get this fixed???

41 minutes ago, ernstsmit said:

I get this black terrain that follows me around with a rover and also with an airplane. I removed Parallax and it made no difference. I changed the tessellation and texture settings for my video driver and it made no difference. I did turn terrain scatters to 100% and set terrain quality to highest as instructed

41 minutes ago, ernstsmit said:

KSP 1.8.1(with both DLC)

28 minutes ago, ernstsmit said:

Hello, I have the same problem. Did you get this fixed???

y8kr4Ga.png

Use the right version :) 

Edited by Gameslinx

I've recently started a campaign with the modpack and I just want to know if every celestial body has at least one anomaly/POI, because I've found it a absolute nightmare finding a solution to travel around on Lua so far and the kerbnet does not seem to show any anomalies on any of the bodies I've scanned currently, and while I don't want to know where these are as I want to discover them myself, I'd prefer skipping adventure in exchange for not having to explore every square centimeter of a planet or moon just to find there was nothing to find at all in the first place

1 minute ago, DodoOnTheMün said:

I've recently started a campaign with the modpack and I just want to know if every celestial body has at least one anomaly/POI, because I've found it a absolute nightmare finding a solution to travel around on Lua so far and the kerbnet does not seem to show any anomalies on any of the bodies I've scanned currently, and while I don't want to know where these are as I want to discover them myself, I'd prefer skipping adventure in exchange for not having to explore every square centimeter of a planet or moon just to find there was nothing to find at all in the first place

Planets don't have 'anomalies' or 'POIs' that show up on scanners. I use the terrain scatter system, which means there are multiple "unique" objects on each planet. These can't be detected by scanners due to limitations in the game, unfortunately, but you don't have to explore every square centimeter - Hundreds spawn across the entire planet, making is fairly easy for you to find one if you land in the right biome.

4 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Planets don't have 'anomalies' or 'POIs' that show up on scanners. I use the terrain scatter system, which means there are multiple "unique" objects on each planet. These can't be detected by scanners due to limitations in the game, unfortunately, but you don't have to explore every square centimeter - Hundreds spawn across the entire planet, making is fairly easy for you to find one if you land in the right biome.

that's nice to know and also extremely impressive in the eyes of a software lobotomite like myself

Edited by DodoOnTheMün
better wording

Hi, I didnt turn on Terrrain Scatter to 100% when i first started Beyond Home, and im wondering if I can still get the details to appear somehow. It wouldnt be good playing without all of those incredible surface objects!

12 minutes ago, Matchlight said:

Hi, I didnt turn on Terrrain Scatter to 100% when i first started Beyond Home, and im wondering if I can still get the details to appear somehow. It wouldnt be good playing without all of those incredible surface objects!

You can still increase the scatter percentage, it'll just need a game restart for the changes to apply