Jump to content

[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)


Gameslinx
 Share

Recommended Posts

How long are the days on Rhodes relative to Kerbin?  I'm using Monthly Budgets mod which pays out every 30 Kerbin days by default but because Rhodes days are shorter, the dates are out of whack and so I'll need some mental agility to calculate when the next cheque is due.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Friznit said:

How long are the days on Rhodes relative to Kerbin?  I'm using Monthly Budgets mod which pays out every 30 Kerbin days by default but because Rhodes days are shorter, the dates are out of whack and so I'll need some mental agility to calculate when the next cheque is due.

Days on Rhode are 2.19917x as long as those on Kerbin

Edited by Gameslinx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Beyond Home Release 1.1.0

  • Updated scatterer configs for the latest scatterer

  • Enabled depth based variable mesh setting for scatterer on large deformity planets

  • Fixed all transitions between planet-scaled-space in regards to scatterer

  • Enabled extinction based lighting in the new scatterer config

Note - You will need to update scatterer along with BH.

Edited by Gameslinx
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Tomorrow I will be releasing an update which will bring a 50% GPU-based performance improvement on Rhode and Hydrus.

(Went from 4k, 40fps to 60fps. You may expect a larger increase if you're on a lower end system)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I managed to land on Ash first try:

fnqwdUm.jpg

I included the UI on this screenshot so you could see the heat meters. These radiators worked out surprisingly well. I was expecting the probe to fail, to be honest, because I figured this wouldn't be enough heat reduction. And it might not be if I was sitting directly in the lava, but I suspect that's not even possible no matter what you're using. (Unless it is, in which case I am totally making a lavasub as soon as I have the tech for it.)

I rather like Ash. It's nice and different from the usual kind of moon, and I appreciated the challenge. Also it's just plain pretty, all around. I like the lava a lot.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Queen Cassie said:

I rather like Ash. It's nice and different from the usual kind of moon, and I appreciated the challenge. Also it's just plain pretty, all around. I like the lava a lot.

Thank you! I didn't used to like Ash but after improving it over time I've come to quite like it. Very unique

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

Thank you! I didn't used to like Ash but after improving it over time I've come to quite like it. Very unique

You're welcome! You've worked diddly dang hard on this modpack and it shows.

So I decided to fling the probe into the lava ocean to see how long it would last before it died. (I used Mechjeb only for the final descent maneuver, which I usually have to because I have reflex issues that make it hard for me to do engine burn timing properly. I otherwise handle all aspects of landing myself.)

5EaLEP3.jpg

CWf3q1f.jpg

NpIAbQz.jpg

It lasted about a minute and a half, which was about seventy seconds longer than I expected it to.This tells me it might actually be possible to build my lavasub. I really hope so, because if I can I totally want to build not just a lavasub, but a lava BASE. I already have one in mind for Lua as it is. All of the under-liquid bases!

Edited by Queen Cassie
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Gameslinx said:

unknown.png

Ion-powered colonisation devices have been added to the mountains of Lua and will be released in an upcoming update.

So does this mean the flavor text of atmospheric terraforming resuming will be enacted? Or is this going to be simply an appearance thing? I'm unsure if the KSP engine supports changing the atmospheres of planet mid-game or not. It'd be really cool if it was doable though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Queen Cassie said:

So does this mean the flavor text of atmospheric terraforming resuming will be enacted? Or is this going to be simply an appearance thing? I'm unsure if the KSP engine supports changing the atmospheres of planet mid-game or not. It'd be really cool if it was doable though.

It's just visual unfortunately

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Gameslinx said:

BH already supports that scatterer

Okay, thanks. The install instructions text file included in the BH 1.1.0 download only speaks of Scatterer 0.052, and 0.053 came out almost simultaneously with your update, so I thought it best to ask.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there, I sent my ScanSat scanner to Lua and when I looked through xScience experiments I found out that Gateway uses the same biome map as Laythe in original KSP, if this isn't intentional I'd like to see it fixed in the next update

*edit* Also how the "Science bonuses wil be awarded for .... data from .... " works?

Edited by Raptor42
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Okay, thanks. The install instructions text file included in the BH 1.1.0 download only speaks of Scatterer 0.052, and 0.053 came out almost simultaneously with your update, so I thought it best to ask.

Haha, 0.54 just came out! Should fix some more stuff. BH should support it but I'm not able to test it just yet

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I just noticed that myself.  :D  On a VERY quick first look, it appears to be working fine. On a possibly unrelated topic, I have noticed a small visual (glitch?) that has persisted over Scatterer 053 and 054, on BH 1.1.0, whereby when examining worlds with shiny textures (eg Janus or Tau) at high zoom levels in the Tracking Station view, a very faint whitish ring appears, overlaid on the planet, about three quarters of the planet's diameter. The ring looks like it might be lens flare. I haven't included a picture because the effect is almost impossible to see unless you drag the view from side to side, and I don't have video software. This might just be the flare effect working as designed, but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thank ye!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Raptor42 said:

Hey there, I sent my ScanSat scanner to Lua and when I looked through xScience experiments I found out that Gateway uses the same biome map as Laythe in original KSP, if this isn't intentional I'd like to see it fixed in the next update

*edit* Also how the "Science bonuses wil be awarded for .... data from .... " works?

I didn't see the need for a biome map of gateway but ok I'll make one.

You get a 1.5 to 2x multiplier for any science gathered in the indicated biome in the planet description.

1 minute ago, Warhorse said:

Yeah, I just noticed that myself.  :D  On a VERY quick first look, it appears to be working fine. On a possibly unrelated topic, I have noticed a small visual (glitch?) that has persisted over Scatterer 053 and 054, on BH 1.1.0, whereby when examining worlds with shiny textures (eg Janus or Tau) at high zoom levels in the Tracking Station view, a very faint whitish ring appears, overlaid on the planet, about three quarters of the planet's diameter. The ring looks like it might be lens flare. I haven't included a picture because the effect is almost impossible to see unless you drag the view from side to side, and I don't have video software. This might just be the flare effect working as designed, but I'd appreciate it if you could take a look. Thank ye!

:(

If you see it again, report it to @blackrack on the official scatterer thread with logs and/or a video but I'll look out for it myself when I grab the next scatterer. Cheers

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...