Jump to content

[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)


Gameslinx
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 10/25/2021 at 6:03 AM, gilflo said:

hello this sounds awesome!

Which version of KSP do you recommend to play without any bug?

 

 

1.8.1 is the most stable version to play this planetpack on.

1.9 is the first release with Parallax (iirc) which makes the system look significantly better, but also introduces a few bugs such as scatters not spawning, broken Lua/Rhode biomes, and Gateway not having any terrain (amongst other bugs)

1.10 and beyond introduces a weird flying scatter effect.

 

I will note that Beyond Home is perfectly playable on 1.9 up to the most recent KSP version, but the most bug free version is 1.8.1

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi i played this back on the 1.8 ksp version, this pack was awesome, and i wanted to play it for another time, but  now i updated the game to the last version , and i have found a weird issue, in every planet all the things that are scattered like trees and rocks turn to a flat plane with the texture of the item. I removed all the mods except beyond home eve scatterer and kopernicus, and the game worked fine, with all the scattered details, So the problem is a mod that create some incopatibility.

Please can anyone know how i can found the mod that create troubles?

 log file https://www.dropbox.com/s/oyr1aoyfiu2ehkx/Player.log?dl=0

and some pictures of the bug https://imgur.com/a/Mj0CyTs

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey guys, I have this bug:

ciLKQyD.png

Im a bit confused because in the opening post it says to install Parallax 1.0.1 but the latest version on this page says Beyond Home got an update?  (https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/tag/1.3.1)

I tried both versions and also both versions of Kopernicus (both the one linked in the first post and the latest version) but I keep getting this error.

Edited by Folkhoer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, Folkhoer said:

Hey guys, I have this bug:

 

Im a bit confused because in the opening post it says to install Parallax 1.0.1 but the latest version on this page says Beyond Home got an update?  (https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/tag/1.3.1)

I tried both versions and also both versions of Kopernicus (both the one linked in the first post and the latest version) but I keep getting this error.

I'm seeing the same thing.  At closer than about 500m distance, the terrain goes black.  Unfortunately, that's not a playable condition.

In order to rule out mod conflicts, I started with a clean install and added just the Beyond Home necessities on top of stock 1.12.2 + expansions.  Disappearing terrain still happens.  Parallax is 1.3.1.

I'd like to know if there's something I can do with this version of KSP to fix this as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, barfing_skull said:

I'm seeing the same thing.  At closer than about 500m distance, the terrain goes black.  Unfortunately, that's not a playable condition.

In order to rule out mod conflicts, I started with a clean install and added just the Beyond Home necessities on top of stock 1.12.2 + expansions.  Disappearing terrain still happens.  Parallax is 1.3.1.

I'd like to know if there's something I can do with this version of KSP to fix this as well.

Beyond Home still requires Parallax 1.0.1 AFAIK

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, barfing_skull said:

I'm seeing the same thing.  At closer than about 500m distance, the terrain goes black.  Unfortunately, that's not a playable condition.

In order to rule out mod conflicts, I started with a clean install and added just the Beyond Home necessities on top of stock 1.12.2 + expansions.  Disappearing terrain still happens.  Parallax is 1.3.1.

I'd like to know if there's something I can do with this version of KSP to fix this as well.

I solved it by installing:

- Kerbal 1.12.1 (not 2!)
- Kopernicus 60 (which supports 1.12.1)
- Beyond home
- Parallax 1.0.1 (you don't need stock textures)

Hope this also works for you.

Edited by Folkhoer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Neebel said:

Beyond Home still requires Parallax 1.0.1 AFAIK

 

16 hours ago, Folkhoer said:

I solved it by installing:

- Kerbal 1.12.1 (not 2!)
- Kopernicus 60 (which supports 1.12.1)
- Beyond home
- Parallax 1.0.1 (you don't need stock textures)

Hope this also works for you.

 

I think just switching to Parallax 1.0.1 did the trick.  Figured I'd try one change at a time until it worked.

 

Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/14/2021 at 9:22 PM, Neebel said:

Cross-post from the scatterer thread; TL:DR I got some weird issues with atmospheres after updating scatterer.

According to the scatterer dev, the atmosphere issues are probably caused by (now) outdated configs. Will there be an update to Beyond Home in the foreseeable future?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/21/2021 at 1:40 AM, Neebel said:

According to the scatterer dev, the atmosphere issues are probably caused by (now) outdated configs. Will there be an update to Beyond Home in the foreseeable future?

Beyond Home has significant problems right now beyond just Scatterer configs. Kopernicus updates have broken some features, it uses a really old version of Parallax, things are missing on planets, etc.  @Gameslinxsaid he's going to wrap up the new version of parallax and I think he's going to go do a v12 compatability pass of his planet mods, as BeyondHome isn't even compatible with Parallax itself right now, which is his own mod.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

So anyone having issues with Breaking Ground parts and this mod pack? I just sent a crew to Lua with some breaking ground DLC experiments and I cannot deploy any of them. They are all highlighted in orange if I try to do that. I don't even know what orange highlight means in EVA construction but what ever it is I cannot deploy anything.

 

Edited by seaces
Please ignore this one, It's usual user error. I got it solved
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/26/2021 at 4:18 PM, Frostiken said:

Beyond Home has significant problems right now beyond just Scatterer configs. Kopernicus updates have broken some features, it uses a really old version of Parallax, things are missing on planets, etc.  @Gameslinxsaid he's going to wrap up the new version of parallax and I think he's going to go do a v12 compatability pass of his planet mods, as BeyondHome isn't even compatible with Parallax itself right now, which is his own mod.

 

Yep. Basically waiting for this to continue by Beyond Home playthrough. There should be big performance and stability gains once it's compatible with up-to-date Parallax.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 weeks later...
On 1/6/2022 at 10:45 PM, DY_ZBX said:

The Kerboal galaxy in Beyond Home is very far, the distance from the original antenna does not reach such a long distance, do you have any recommended antenna mod?

Can with this mod (Near Future Exploration).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was under the impression the current build of BH wouldn't work on 1.12.3, but it works great! I am using Morphisor's 3.5x rescale values in Sigma Dimensions, lemon cup's hotfix for Sigma rescale, and the most recent builds of the required mods. I am still using the older Parallax build (1.0.1).

The only issue I am encountering is because I am using 3.5x rescale, the KSC on Lua is floating. I see a bit of documentation about fixing that, but I will work on that later!

 

edit: To fix the Kopernicus solar panel bug I removed Destiny and Fate, then gave Tempus Barycenter the same appearance as Destiny. Now only 1 star is at center of system. Kinda lazy fix, but it works.

 

edit2: I was getting tons of errors in console because I deleted the 2 stars but not the sunflares. I had to edit BeyondHome\scatterer\config\Sunflares\Sunflares.cfg and delete Destiny and Fate at the bottom of the .cfg.

Edited by Wilds
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

hello, so i am new to the forums. I got this problem in beyond home 

https://imgur.com/a/EJ6hBkX

the sunflare is just very weird and not that bright and shiny. If you see other players play bh mod, you can see their sunflares is gorgeous.

mod list : environmental visual enhancements, kerbal engineer, kopernicus, modular flight integrator, scatterer, sigma replacements skybox, smart docking aid, stock waterfall effects, tweakscale, vessel mover, waterfall

played on 1.9.1 (not going to 1.12 because idk if its gonna work)

edit : i tried rolling back beyond home versions (still doesnt work)

Edited by Protost4r
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/25/2022 at 5:44 PM, Protost4r said:

hello, so i am new to the forums. I got this problem in beyond home 

https://imgur.com/a/EJ6hBkX

the sunflare is just very weird and not that bright and shiny. If you see other players play bh mod, you can see their sunflares is gorgeous.

mod list : environmental visual enhancements, kerbal engineer, kopernicus, modular flight integrator, scatterer, sigma replacements skybox, smart docking aid, stock waterfall effects, tweakscale, vessel mover, waterfall

played on 1.9.1 (not going to 1.12 because idk if its gonna work)

edit : i tried rolling back beyond home versions (still doesnt work)

hmm might just wait until gameslinx update beyond home.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 1/20/2022 at 12:07 PM, DY_ZBX said:

@Gameslinx
Hello author, I have encountered a problem, the solar panel is blocked by Destiny.

You need the MultiStarSolarPanels.cfg file from the Kopernicus repository.  See https://github.com/Kopernicus/Kopernicus/releases/tag/release-74 (you should probably use the one for the release you're running, though that particular file rarely changes.)

 

On 11/26/2021 at 9:18 PM, Frostiken said:

Beyond Home has significant problems right now beyond just Scatterer configs. Kopernicus updates have broken some features, it uses a really old version of Parallax, things are missing on planets, etc.  @Gameslinxsaid he's going to wrap up the new version of parallax and I think he's going to go do a v12 compatability pass of his planet mods, as BeyondHome isn't even compatible with Parallax itself right now, which is his own mod.

 

It mostly works; if you run the right version of Parallax, use the multi-star config and (on some systems) UNSUPPORTED_LEGACY_SHADER_TERRAIN, you get almost everything.

What things are missing on planets?  There's a really old bug (oversight?) where a biome on Lua is defined but never used.  Comets and Breaking Ground points of interest also don't appear, but that makes sense because they came out after BH's last release.  I'd love an update, but it seems playable to me as-is.

Edited by GDorn
another reply
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 11/13/2021 at 4:43 AM, Folkhoer said:

Hey guys, I have this bug:

ciLKQyD.png

Im a bit confused because in the opening post it says to install Parallax 1.0.1 but the latest version on this page says Beyond Home got an update?  (https://github.com/Gameslinx/Tessellation/releases/tag/1.3.1)

I tried both versions and also both versions of Kopernicus (both the one linked in the first post and the latest version) but I keep getting this error.

I have this problem too. Space center work good, but if i start a flight - dead void around 500~ meters at any planet.

I was try to  started game on  version parallax 1.01 and 1.3.1  so, "dead void" anyway. I use  recomendet version of kopernicus. KSP.log contains many and many of lines:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object Parallax.ParallaxInFlightOperations.Update () (at) ******************

BGkXnhW6c30.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9-EAoGlr_KkY.jpg?size=1920x1080&quality=9

A18ZXDMN8Pg.jpg?size=461x421&quality=96&

my ksp.log

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...