[1.9.1 - 1.10.x] Beyond Home 1.5.0 (Supports Parallax)

Gameslinx

58 minutes ago, KSPNoob said:

Am i msiing a setting or somethign but I keep time warping into planets instead of automatically stopping when you get near the surface/atmosphere.

I discovered funky timewarp limit settings at one of the gas giants and informed Gameslinx. It's safe to say these limits are funky (overly generous) for all of these worlds.

11 hours ago, Starlord Kerman said:

My first manned mission into the new system. Checking out the floating islands, very nice. :D

OkGvONY.jpg

RV8t7y5.jpg

That looks awesome!

11 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

Am i msiing a setting or somethign but I keep time warping into planets instead of automatically stopping when you get near the surface/atmosphere.

I've been more generous than stock with the time warp limits, so be a little more careful!

I went to Tau to see the giant mushrooms. Very nice! :D I couldn't land though, I had to fly close to 500m/sec to stay airborne in the thin atmosphere. I'm thinking larger wings might do the trick.

AQ1GZ61.jpg

Spoiler

Stage 1: 456 parts

Wn6lGxC.jpg

Surprisingly easy transfer from Rhode to the Kerbol system.

7mCDVyW.jpg

Stage 2

IQqusmI.jpg

Stage 3

OFCh0On.jpg

Stage 4

g4ifwVR.jpg

Shuttle over Tau

iPikAAj.jpg

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but, I'm getting an index out of bounds exception when trying to save, it doesn't appear to be caused by this mod, but I only started to get it after installing some of the perquisites to this mod. After further research I believe the issue might be Kopernicus (but I am unsure). If you have the DLC, and have a craft with two 'parts' on the surface of another body (i.e. debries/probes), the save, recover vessel, and Space Center/Tracking Station buttons become inoperable. Which makes the game unplayable, has there already been a solution to this issue? I feel like it would be a fairly large issue for anyone playing this mod, but I haven't seen much posted.  

[EXC 18:00:39.032] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.Parameter name: index    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LaunchSite].get_Item (Int32 index)    Vessel.get_LandedInStockLaunchSite ()    FlightState..ctor ()    Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride)    Game.Updated ()    QuickSaveLoad.doSave (System.String filename, System.String screenMsg)    QuickSaveLoad.OnSaveAsClose (System.String saveName, Boolean pauseGame, .FinishedSaveLoadDialogCallback onSaveAsCloseReturn)    QuickSaveLoad.ConfirmDialog (Boolean pauseGame, .FinishedSaveLoadDialogCallback onSaveAsCloseReturn)    QuickSaveLoad+<SpawnSaveAsDialog>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 ()    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()    DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__7 ()    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edit: After looking through GitHub I now belive its Kerbal Konstructs, Ill post back if I find more info

Edit2: I removed every mod except this one and a required mods, and am still having this issue. All exceptions (recover/save/space center) have this line 

at Vessel.get_LandedInStockLaunchSite () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 

Edited by zberry7

8 hours ago, zberry7 said:

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this question but, I'm getting an index out of bounds exception when trying to save, it doesn't appear to be caused by this mod, but I only started to get it after installing some of the perquisites to this mod. After further research I believe the issue might be Kopernicus (but I am unsure). If you have the DLC, and have a craft with two 'parts' on the surface of another body (i.e. debries/probes), the save, recover vessel, and Space Center/Tracking Station buttons become inoperable. Which makes the game unplayable, has there already been a solution to this issue? I feel like it would be a fairly large issue for anyone playing this mod, but I haven't seen much posted.  

[EXC 18:00:39.032] ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Argument is out of range.Parameter name: index    System.Collections.Generic.List`1[LaunchSite].get_Item (Int32 index)    Vessel.get_LandedInStockLaunchSite ()    FlightState..ctor ()    Game.Updated (GameScenes startSceneOverride)    Game.Updated ()    QuickSaveLoad.doSave (System.String filename, System.String screenMsg)    QuickSaveLoad.OnSaveAsClose (System.String saveName, Boolean pauseGame, .FinishedSaveLoadDialogCallback onSaveAsCloseReturn)    QuickSaveLoad.ConfirmDialog (Boolean pauseGame, .FinishedSaveLoadDialogCallback onSaveAsCloseReturn)    QuickSaveLoad+<SpawnSaveAsDialog>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__1 ()    DialogGUIButton.OptionSelected ()    DialogGUIButton.<Create>m__7 ()    UnityEngine.Events.InvokableCall.Invoke ()    UnityEngine.Events.UnityEvent.Invoke ()    UnityEngine.UI.Button.Press ()    UnityEngine.UI.Button.OnPointerClick (UnityEngine.EventSystems.PointerEventData eventData)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute (IPointerClickHandler handler, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.ExecuteEvents.Execute[IPointerClickHandler] (UnityEngine.GameObject target, UnityEngine.EventSystems.BaseEventData eventData, UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventFunction`1 functor)    UnityEngine.EventSystems.EventSystem:Update()

Edit: After looking through GitHub I now belive its Kerbal Konstructs, Ill post back if I find more info

Edit2: I removed every mod except this one and a required mods, and am still having this issue. All exceptions (recover/save/space center) have this line 

Make sure you're on 1.6.1, some people got this with 1.6.0. 

I've got no idea what causes this because I haven't experienced it myself. Try removing the DLC and try again.

If it still doesn't work, delete settings.cfg. 

I just ran into a weird bug.  Went to Lua, got my lander back and touched down on Rhode but the Recover Vessel button wouldn't work, I tried to save the game at this point to restart the game but when I did the game would lock up temporarily and I discovered no save point was created.  Not a huge deal but just wanted to post it.

5 hours ago, KSPNoob said:

I just ran into a weird bug.  Went to Lua, got my lander back and touched down on Rhode but the Recover Vessel button wouldn't work, I tried to save the game at this point to restart the game but when I did the game would lock up temporarily and I discovered no save point was created.  Not a huge deal but just wanted to post it.

Some people have been reporting this. Can you post your KSP.log file? Thanks

On ‎3‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:32 AM, Gameslinx said:

Make sure you're on 1.6.1, some people got this with 1.6.0. 

I've got no idea what causes this because I haven't experienced it myself. Try removing the DLC and try again.

If it still doesn't work, delete settings.cfg. 

I managed to fix this issue (buttons not working after landing, save not working, etc..) by installing the 'Making Less History' mod, I didn't need the Mission Builder so this solution was optimal for me. I'm on 1.6.1 as well, although I did not do a clean install while troubleshooting, instead I tried to verify game files through steam after removing all mods.

From what I've found, the block of code causing the exception is in the base game (?) and is basically a for loop, accessing a list/array, but the upper bounds of the iterator is based on the count of a different list/array (launch site lists I believe). But this loop is within an if statement that checks for the DLC, or something along these lines.

Thank you for the prompt support though! I'm a C# dev and although I haven't dug into KSP yet, I understand how much work support can be after initial release and I very much appreciate it!

One final quick question, I'm still fairly new to the game. What would the altitude for geostationary orbit around Rhode be? I think an object in this orbit would eventually enter Lua's SOI, but Im not sure if I have the correct altitude.

Edited by zberry7

On 3/25/2019 at 1:56 AM, KSPNoob said:

Am I mising a setting or somethimg but I keep time warping into planets instead of automatically stopping when you get near the surface/atmosphere.

You can use Better Time Warp to edit those settings

On 3/30/2019 at 4:58 AM, zberry7 said:

One final quick question, I'm still fairly new to the game. What would the altitude for geostationary orbit around Rhode be? I think an object in this orbit would eventually enter Lua's SOI, but Im not sure if I have the correct altitude.

Lua orbits Rhode at exactly the geosynchronous altitude. Just match your orbit with Lua (set Lua as target) and go from there. Simple!

Today I tried to do a little stardiving, and one thing that I was quite surprised by was that getting Fate encounter is quite easy, and the heating recieved from very close flyby was fairly managable. However the one thing that I didn't expect occured when I was in very close orbit around Barycentre. My ship was somehow under acceleration which shouldn't be possible since I was way above the atmosphere of the Barycentre. Is it possible that Destiny's atmosphere extends beyond ist SOI? Is there a way to explain the acceleration? And yes being close to the Barycentre is very dangerous indeed (radiators working on 500%) Also doing this stardiving doesn't take as much dV as I expected from low Rhode orbit only something around 5000m/s without any gravity assists.

Hello !

First of all, hats down. This work is INCREDIBLE, and as soon as I installed it, I checked every planet/moon in the Tracking Station, and have been stunned with the quality of the visuals. It's just beautiful, and you just made me go back into KSP for a new adventure.

After playing several hours, however, I've ran into an issue which I saw I wasn't the only one being concerned (I read all the 8 pages of your post before writing this, just in case an issue had already been released).

I have this weird bug where I just landed with my command module and it just doesn't let me click on 'Recover Vessel' button. When I click, nothing happens. I'm barely to do anything else, by the way. here is the list of things that doesn't work :

- Escape button -> Save game / Load Game

- Escape button -> Space Center / Tracking Station

- From the top screen buttons -> Recover Vessel / Back to Space Center

- F5 (quicksave)

- Escape button -> Back to Main Menu

So ... basically (I've tried 3 times), I just end up alt f4 the game, load it again, and my ship is back in orbit, at my last save. When I deorbit and land again, same issue.

Here is some informations you might need :

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/8rgLTemDzJBoMcM (screenshot of my GameData folder. As you can see, I have some additional mods, but of course I've tried without them, just in case).

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/LfHbZz56aBLfXRy (KSP output log, just in case).

It really saddens me, because I was really glad to play this. 

I really want to help fix this issue, so if you need further informations or want me to do some tests, feel free to ask me.

Thank you! :)

*EDIT* : I joined the Discord you mentionned in the first page. My name is 'WasteL'. If you have an idea or if you need something from me, feel free to message me anytime.

Edited by Wastel
more infos

45 minutes ago, Wastel said:

Hello !

First of all, hats down. This work is INCREDIBLE, and as soon as I installed it, I checked every planet/moon in the Tracking Station, and have been stunned with the quality of the visuals. It's just beautiful, and you just made me go back into KSP for a new adventure.

After playing several hours, however, I've ran into an issue which I saw I wasn't the only one being concerned (I read all the 8 pages of your post before writing this, just in case an issue had already been released).

I have this weird bug where I just landed with my command module and it just doesn't let me click on 'Recover Vessel' button. When I click, nothing happens. I'm barely to do anything else, by the way. here is the list of things that doesn't work :

- Escape button -> Save game / Load Game

- Escape button -> Space Center / Tracking Station

- From the top screen buttons -> Recover Vessel / Back to Space Center

- F5 (quicksave)

- Escape button -> Back to Main Menu

So ... basically (I've tried 3 times), I just end up alt f4 the game, load it again, and my ship is back in orbit, at my last save. When I deorbit and land again, same issue.

Here is some informations you might need :

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/8rgLTemDzJBoMcM (screenshot of my GameData folder. As you can see, I have some additional mods, but of course I've tried without them, just in case).

https://nextcloud.wastel.fr/index.php/s/LfHbZz56aBLfXRy (KSP output log, just in case).

It really saddens me, because I was really glad to play this. 

I really want to help fix this issue, so if you need further informations or want me to do some tests, feel free to ask me.

Thank you! :)

*EDIT* : I joined the Discord you mentionned in the first page. My name is 'WasteL'. If you have an idea or if you need something from me, feel free to message me anytime.

If you look back a page I had a diccusion about this. The 'Making Less History' mod will fix the issue, but also disables mission builder. 

34 minutes ago, zberry7 said:

If you look back a page I had a diccusion about this. The 'Making Less History' mod will fix the issue, but also disables mission builder. 

Oh, I swear I read the whole thing, but I guess I didn't see that fix ... I'm gonna try that asap. Thank you for the answer ! :)

5 minutes ago, Wastel said:

Oh, I swear I read the whole thing, but I guess I didn't see that fix ... I'm gonna try that asap. Thank you for the answer ! :)

I looked back and I worded that post poorly, I edited it incase anyone stumbles upon it, as I've seen a few reports of this issue. Unfortunately I believe(?) this is outside of the authors control, so uninstalling the DLC, or installing 'Making Less History' seems to be the only fixes for the time being. Hopefully this fixes the issue for you, as it did with me, because this is an amazing planet pack