Kerbalnet [updated 13/9]: A mod site for KSP (www.kerbal.net)

wizard`

This is really cool and useful, It's much better than trawling the forums for parts.

One suggestion; your account could keep track of what mods you had downloaded and notified you when they have updated, making it easy to have up-to-date mods for bug fixes or more parts.

This is really cool and useful, It's much better than trawling the forums for parts.

One suggestion; your account could keep track of what mods you had downloaded and notified you when they have updated, making it easy to have up-to-date mods for bug fixes or more parts.

I second having a "notify me when updated" option for mods/parts/etc.

Good idea. This shouldn't be too hard, but it will require, at least one extra database table that will keep track of all your download activity (unique name of mod field and version field), and check each of your entries with that db table of all current available mods, every time you visit, or maybe a "check for updates" button.

I don't mind volunteering to do it, but that will require messing about in the website's code, so...

Edited by tsakali

Kerbalnet has finished moving to a much, much faster host. We had a few minor issues that have all been resolved now and so mod uploading and account creation have been re-enabled and you should already notice the speed difference.

Apologies for any inconveniences we may have caused during the move, we are now sitting on 3 nodes (at 1gbps each).

We are also setting up 2 file mirror servers to further increase download speeds.

Edited:

Additional image upload is now live so any body with mod pages can upload additional cover images to their slider.

Edited by wizard`

Quick changelog for the past few days:

- Updated file names to use a more descriptive title ( Eg; "deep_space_mission_pack-1.0.0.0.zip" ).

- Updated right col on homepage to show 6 most downloaded files ( and new aesthetic ).

- Updated search function removing some cases of mod duplication.

- Updated categories to support sub categories ( actual sub categories coming soon ).

- Finished server side controllers for mirrored distributed downloads which will be implemented soon.

- Finished basic functionality of HTTP GET JSON API which is in closed beta testing ( if you want to try it out PM Shoar or myself ).

- Added support for mod makers to add additional images to their cover image slider.

- Added new area for users to grab forum BBcode of the generated signature link to support their favourite mods.

- Added ticket system to report bad content or intellectual property violations.

Still to-do:

- Let multiple users edit one mod page.

- Finish the API app creation process.

- "Collection" pages for bringing lots of mods together from one ( or more ) authors.

- User account pages ( for changing your password ).

- Finish the footer and eliminate the chrome floating bug.

We hit a few milestones:

- 50,000 unique visitors.

- 5,000 downloads.

- 50gb traffic used.

- 100,000 remotely exposed ( mostly from these forums ).

Wizard, i like the dynamically generated images however they are somewhat large. Wouldn't it be better to reduce their size by a third and allow two of them to be placed next to each other? Thus reducing the required vertical space somewhat. At the moment i have 3 of them in my signature. I have over 400 posts, each of them taking the same signature space, so over 1200 dynamically generated images. If i were to add a fourth it would become over 1600. Etc.

It wouldn't surprise me if the Webmaster would ban those dynamically generated images if no measures are taken to limit the amount of space taken up by those dynamically generated images.

I really don't know why you had to make another, seriously.

Xenolith has been around for months now: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/7878-The-Unofficial-Mod-Repository-for-KSP-%28Xenolith%29-UPDATE-10-09-2012

Well, I don't want to sound rude but xenolith is a mess. Multiple games, ads everywhere, out of date content. A dedicated kerbal mod site with a nice clean GUI is much better in my opinion.

Edited by kockaspiton

I really don't know why you had to make another, seriously.

Xenolith has been around for months now: http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/forum/showthread.php/7878-The-Unofficial-Mod-Repository-for-KSP-%28Xenolith%29-UPDATE-10-09-2012

I play KSP for a good while and I've never heard of that site.

Besides, Kerbal.net is KSP only and looks great.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a bit puzzled, I uploaded a couple of mods, but I can't figure out how to edit the required mods, recommended mods, or mod categories. I see the submit buttons, and there is a black box below it, but I can't find any way to interact with it.

Edit: And now it's working. Not sure if it had something to do with this post, or if it was a coincidence. Either way, thanks!

Edited by um3k

OK, I am having issues updating my modpack. Should I just start over?

There is a minor bug that is causing some issues with updating mods. It's inconsistency was a problem with finding it but in the process of uploading the KOSMOS packs we really noticed it and we found what was causing it and it should be fixed now.

If it hasn't been fixed for you we need to know (hit me up with a PM or something).

It would be very helpful to be able to include off-site mods in the required mods list. Ideally every mod would be on the site, but the world isn't ideal, and many mod creators don't know or don't care about Kerbalnet.

Hello, could you reenable MECHSAS?

ps.: my username on kerbal.net is terrormortis, I missed that it would be wiser to use the same name as in the forums, if possible you could delete my account and the plugin and i would make a new one with the same name!

Edited by Luke321

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.