How to make a 0 inclined LEO in RSS 1.3.1?

I'm going to move this over to Gameplay Questions, as it really isn't a tech support thing.

If you are in an orbit that you want to make equitorial (0 degrees), you create a manuever node at either the Ascending or Descending node, and burn Normal/Ant-Normal until your orbit matches what you want.  

Perhaps, though, I did not understand your question. 

47 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Perhaps, though, I did not understand your question. 

I think that's what he's asking.  In stock, since the Mun has zero inclination, you can target it and use its AN/DN.  

KER has a readout for equatorial AN/DN. That's what I usually use to find them.  

Almost forgot to get back to this.

1) On how to make an equatorial LEO orbit in RSS: Mostly, you don't. There's no real reason to, and the plane change maneuver necessary when launching from most launch sites is brutal.

2) MechJeb can create a maneuver to change your inclination at an equatorial AN/DN.

3) If you're trying to match planes with a specific target, my general suggestion is to use the stock AN/DN icons in the map, which will update based on your maneuvers.

4) To reach the Moon in RSS, there are three typical cases:

A: You are launching from a site with latitude less than the Moon's inclination. In this case, just wait for the Moon's orbital track to pass over the launch site, and launch into the Moon's plane. There's some discussion on the exact math involved here:

B: You are launching from a site with roughly the same latitude as the Moon's inclination. This is a special case of A, where you wind up launching due east. In the absence of Principia, Kennedy Space Center is basically always this way.

C: You are launching from a higher latitude. This is more complicated. What I generally do is wait for these conditions to be true.

First, the Moon has to be about 60 degrees before one of its equatorial nodes. This happens twice a month.

Second, your launch site has to be pointed 90 degrees away from one of its AN/DNs, preferably in the orientation where an eastbound launch will minimize relative inclination.

By having both of these be true, you can meet the Moon at one of its ascending/descending nodes, and hopefully minimize plane-change dV.

On 3/8/2019 at 11:04 AM, Actually_New_KSP_Player said:

Since it's RSS the Moon has 33.3 degrees difference and not 0 like in stock, KER in 1.3.1 doesn't have a "Burn" section which will show me how much inclination I'll get after a maneuver node. Maybe mechjeb could help in this case? I haven't found simmilar option there at least.

I guess you're trying to meet some arbitrary inclination, e.g. for a contract? No target there yet?

a) MJ will let you enter in any inclination you want, and set up a maneuver to get you there. Might be expensive, though.

b) you can cheat some object to the desired inclination (a piece of debris will do) and use that for a target.

On ‎3‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 5:04 AM, Actually_New_KSP_Player said:

Since it's RSS the Moon has 33.3 degrees difference ...

That's odd.  In real life the Moon's inclination relative to Earth's equator varies between 18.4 and 28.6 degrees, depending on where it is in its 18.6-year nodal precession cycle.  If it's 33.3 degrees in RSS, then somebody messed something up when they set up the Moon's orbital elements.

• 2 weeks later...

I already forgot about this topic since nobody answered for 3 days lol. Don't know why I chose tech support thread though.

No, I wasn't trying to get to the moon (I at least would have chosen different launch site to waste less fuel on orbital inclination change).

Yeah, I could have targeted Mun if I was in stock system, but in RSS the Moon's orbit is inclined. There was no other craft too since It was my first probe which was designed to stay in LEO forever and provide connection, the inclination is just my perfectionism. The KER in latest version provides you "Burn" tab which helps in making perfect orbits, but there's no such thing for 1.3.

Thanks for the tip about creating another craft in perfect orbit with cheats as a target, but I'll look up for such an option in MJ.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.