How should i make a of-world fueling station?

A station is just a ship which doesn't have engines, so fly a ship there and discard or recover the engines. Voila! Station. :) As for how much fuel it should store, that depends on where ships are going after visiting it. 

It's also worth considering where you place your fueling station.

If you're really good at transfers the moons can be a good starting point. On the other hand, it's more difficult to plan your transfers because you're limited to times when the moon is in the correct position with respect to Kerbin AND Kerbin is in the optimal position as well.

I end up putting my fueling stations in Kerbin orbit instead. It gives me a lot more flexibility in planning my transfer burns. If you're mining a moon a nuclear tug makes a great fuel tanker. Another option is to capture a nice juicy asteroid and mine that for fuel.

Edited by Tyko

21 hours ago, Sweetnsaltyish said:

to the station on minus that i built

It shouldn't take much fuel to transfer from Mun orbit to Minmus orbit... you'd likely use a non-trivial fraction of that requirement just to rendezvous with the Mun fuel depot.  So if you're not at great risk of running out of fuel at that point, it might not be worth it.  And if you build it for this purpose, it could be relatively small.  But without knowing the size of the ships you're planning on refueling, I don't think we can suggest a specific size.

Are you doing some kind of Mun-Minmus grand tour to level up crew or complete tourist contracts?  If you already have a Minmus station, it could make sense to just go there first, so that you can replenish what you used transferring from Kerbin.  Also, if your ship is single-stage / reusable, it can be nice to do the Mun second when your TWR is higher.  

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.