hi @ActicFoxy and welcome to the forums! 

CKAN is a tool that is very useful for streamlining the modding process, it's kinda like mechjeb in real life, but for mods (not rated for flying spacecraft!)

Grab a copy of it here and then place the .exe file in your kerbal directory on your PC (looks like "...\steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program") and then let CKAN take care of everything automatically! 

Once you get the hang of how mods work from watching where CKAN installs them (hint: it's the GameData folder!), then switch to manual installs, and then custom modding :)

1 hour ago, ActicFoxy said:

ok so what i did is i downloaded the mod then put it into the gamedata folder

So did you just put the zip file into your GameData folder or extracted the contained GameData folder into GameData folder of the game? The install instructions are pretty simple and warn you in bold letters to not do that:

"extract the BDArmory folder contained within the zip file and place it into your KSP/Gamedata folder ... Do not, I repeat, do not place the Gamedata folder contained within the BDAc zip into your Gamedata folder as this will cause umpteen million conflicts"

18 minutes ago, Harry Rhodan said:

"extract the BDArmory folder contained within the zip file and place it into your KSP/Gamedata folder ... Do not, I repeat, do not place the Gamedata folder contained within the BDAc zip into your Gamedata folder as this will cause umpteen million conflicts"

Yeah... you want to *merge* the unzipped/extracted GameData folder with the /GameData folder in the main KSP folder. Windows will ask if you want to do this, check the box for "all folders", the "Yes"

OR, alternately, go into the *unzipped* GamData folder, and copy everything *inside* it, *into* the /GameData folder in the KSP install.

I *almost* wish the community "standard" for packaging mods, had *NOT* had the GameData folder level, and had just the specific mod/dependency folders at the top level in the package, instead... seems it would have helped eliminate soooooo many install issue with new modders... but either way, you'ld only please half the people... :P

And yes, I followed the conversations discussing and settling on the mod packaging "standard" very closely, so I know all the pros and cons for doing it that way, so no need for us to elaborate on the "why" it is, and de-railing this thread. Despite my whining above, lets stick to the "how" to implement it. ;)

Edited by Stone Blue

just wanted to say this is a part pack does this make change the process of making it work 

also what did was extract the BDarmory out of the zip folder and put it into the gamedata folder (also i'm on the steam version)

i hope this is what you guys mean by put it into the gamedata folder 

also it still did not work 

Edited by ActicFoxy

50 minutes ago, ActicFoxy said:

just wanted to say this is a part pack does this make change the process of making it work 

also what did was extract the BDarmory out of the zip folder and put it into the gamedata folder (also i'm on the steam version)

i hope this is what you guys mean by put it into the gamedata folder 

also it still did not work 

Try reading this thread:

@4x4cheesecake gives some really good points on how to install mods correctly.  If you are still having issues after reading that, feel free to ask.

10 minutes ago, Gargamel said:

Try reading this thread: 

Oh, there it is :D I was looking for that post 2 month ago to rewrite it into a full tutorial but couldn't find it xD

And since no one asked for a log so far: How about a log?^^
The KSP.log should be fine in this case, you can find it in the same directoy as your KSP executable (KSP_x64.exe). Please upload the log to a filehoster/cloud service and share a downlaod link here for us to look at it :) We can probably provide like a thousand advices without hitting the nail on the head, a log will make our and your life easier ;)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.