[1.4.5/1.6.1]Remote Joystick

AST_SIL_834

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I was able to get the icon in-game and the app installed correctly, (looks beautiful BTW) but I cannot get a connection. (Icon never turns green and controls never respond) I'm not getting any errors in the log file and I know I can connect from my PC to my Tablet because I use the Kerbal Remote Gauges mod and it connects to my PC just fine. Perhaps more information should be displayed when you tap the "connect" button to let you know what it's doing "under the hood" so you know what the problem could be when it fails to connect. (error messages, timeouts, anything really) As it stands I don't even know if it actually tried to connect correctly because the only acknowledgment that I've even hit the button is that it's highlighted briefly while I press it, then it goes back to gray and nothing happens. Is there a place to set the Port address or does it always use port 23333? Does this need specified in the IP address line like: "192.168.1.106:23333" or does the App know the port address already?

I really want this to work as I have been wanting a good control mechanism for KSP since I got it over five years ago and, unlike other KSP enthusiasts, I don't have the time to build my own.

Edit: Checked the KSP.log and I get the following when trying to connect:

[LOG 05:23:51.402] listening at0.0.0.0:23333
[LOG 05:24:46.261] new client192.168.1.127:35785
[LOG 05:24:57.647] new client192.168.1.127:35786
[LOG 05:24:59.399] new client192.168.1.127:35787
[LOG 05:25:00.991] new client192.168.1.127:35788
[LOG 05:25:11.245] new client192.168.1.127:35789

The "New Client" IP is the IP of my tablet, so the game is "seeing" it, but I think the client address is populating the incorrect port as "23333" is the port address shown in the game that the client is using. Since there are no CFG files handling the plugin's features, the IP and port address would have to be set in the DLL which I can't edit. I did take a peak at your C# code and verified that the port address is fixed in the code there, but I can't look at the code for your Android App to see how to change it there so they link up. Hope this helps!

Edited by RobertaME
More info

• 2 weeks later...

NM. It was another mod interfering somehow. Finally got it to work once there weren't a million exceptions being thrown every few minutes. Only a few things I don't like. Number one is that I've re-mapped some keys, namely the abort key because I kept accidentally hitting it every time I would go for the Ins key... so I can't abort from the controller. Secondly is a lack of Wheeled vehicle throttle control. I can set up two action group keys to be Accelerator and brake, but then I lose two action groups. Lastly the ability to swap axis on the controller... in particular roll and yaw. Flying a plane, roll and pitch go fine on the same control... I'm used to that. But when flying a rocket, it's more intuitive to have pitch and yaw on the same axis and roll controlled separately. I can re-map the inputs, but I can't switch back easily when it's time to fly a plane.

Other than that, and believe me, they're VERY minor inconveniences... I LOVE it! Finally some fine control over flight attitude!

Thank you SO much for this!

• 2 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.