Triop's Adventures

Triop

On 5/29/2019 at 4:07 PM, Triop said:

I've always wanted to make a replica of Bluebird :

It has a great back story, google it.

I learned about it for the first time a couple of months ago.

I'm sure you will sink yours just as effectively :D

7 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

I learned about it for the first time a couple of months ago.

I'm sure you will sink yours just as effectively :D

I love the story, a whole village came to life to honour their hero.

I still have not replicated it... This guy did though. :cool:

K7-darkblue.jpg

Is it honour or honor ?

Edited by Triop

16 minutes ago, Triop said:

I love the story, a whole village came to life to honour their hero.

I still have not replicated it... This guy did though. :cool:

Is it honour or honor ?

Yeah, I found it very touching.

Since we're speaking of British accomplishments, "honour".

I did some research:

• The final top speed was 328mph, which is 147m/s. I've done 199.96m/s in one of boats I posted (before it unexpectedly became an airplane), so it's very doable.
  • I took a look at the thrust curves for the two likely KSP engines. Whiplash and Panther (Wet mode). The Whiplash has a slight edge in total thrust from 0 - 147m/s, but it's 1.8T vs 1.2T. The Whippy absolutely runs away from the Panther above this range, so it's probably the better choice.

Lessons learned from my high-speed hydroplaning/foiling:

• Make the craft dynamically stable. You want SAS to be OFF, and just use mild pitch trim to keep it level. Trim is going to vary a bit with speed.
  • Parts only poof when their attachment faces/sides completely break the plane of the water.
  • For making hydrofoils, I've found a 3 deg max AoA seems to provide optimal lift-to-drag. I use control surfaces, turn off the axes and deploy them at the following percentages:
    • 25 deg = 12% max
    • 20 deg = 15% max
    • 15 deg = 20% max
    • 10 deg = 30% max

1 hour ago, Triop said:

Don't mention the war...

John Cleese would be so proud. :lol:

That kind of stuff is funny and edgy when you're 13 and you share it with two dumb friends. Sharing it on the internet...?

Big fans of that symbol have been gunning down people in churches, along with many other acts of violence and terror. Given that, I'd have to say that providing exposure without criticism is encouragement.

John Cleese would be proud if there were a larger or more sophisticated joke being made, other than "hurr-durr I'm a meme-lord".

18 hours ago, FleshJeb said:

That kind of stuff is funny and edgy when you're 13 and you share it with two dumb friends. Sharing it on the internet...?

Big fans of that symbol have been gunning down people in churches, along with many other acts of violence and terror. Given that, I'd have to say that providing exposure without criticism is encouragement.

John Cleese would be proud if there were a larger or more sophisticated joke being made, other than "hurr-durr I'm a meme-lord".

Let's drop this here and now, I'm not going to discuss this. I don't want trouble because off a post got taken to seriously.

I found it and shared it, that's it. People are going crazy on Reddit over this.

I'm so sick of this, what's next, I can't use german decals on fighters I made in KSP ?

REDICULOUS.

I deleted the original post.

Edited by Triop

22 minutes ago, Triop said:

Let's drop this here and now, I'm not going to discuss this. I don't want trouble because off a post got taken to seriously.

C'mon man. "Hey dude, not cool" is a calm critique of appropriateness, not an attack. I've said and done plenty of things that have gotten, "not cool", and appreciated the feedback. I still love your stuff, and I'm going to keep hitting the "Like" button.

I would have happily dropped it and shut up, but you made the following counter-argument:

33 minutes ago, Triop said:

I'm so sick of this, what's next, I can't use german decals on fighters I made in KSP ?

Of course you can--It's historically relevant and artistically interesting. Context matters. I'm a trifle miffed that you'd try to run away and end it with such a glaring false equivalence. It's a mild disagreement, not persecution--suck it up, cupcake. If you though it was a legit thing to post, you could have defended it, but you went straight to the fainting couch, so...

Now, are you going to build a flarping Bluebird, or not? I want to try it, but I didn't want to steal your thunder.

1 minute ago, FleshJeb said:

C'mon man. "Hey dude, not cool" is a calm critique of appropriateness, not an attack. I've said and done plenty of things that have gotten, "not cool", and appreciated the feedback. I still love your stuff, and I'm going to keep hitting the "Like" button.

My post wasn't directly pointing at you my friend, I'm just getting so tired of all this political correctness...

Thanks for still liking my stuff, even when some people think I'm a... ;):lol:

Let's forget this and get back to the fun stuff, tomorrow, I need some sleep now. ^_^

9 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

Now, are you going to build a flarping Bluebird, or not?

Some day, soon, maybe, I don't know ?

It moves waaaaaayyyy too slow, but it actualy looks like a fish swimming.

Yrb0LF1.png

I should add more segments.

Let's try this :

3MXDUgh.png

I don't like KAL-1000, it could have been done so much easyer if the use 360 dials instead of lines.

But hey, maybe I just need to get used to it...

I'll be back in a couple of hours....

8mVPwj4.png

This is not a game, this is WORK. <_<

TBC

Edited by Triop

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.