Triop's Adventures

Triop

37 minutes ago, NBDesigns said:

Find the spot that it’s the exact opposite of kerbin from the ksc and plant a flag if it’s on ground or drop a sub if it’s in water 

Found the spot, was fun to figure out. . .:lol:

B1fbSD6.jpg

Maybe I'll go there sometime, but now I'm enjoying my boring new career.

But there is still room for some fun. :cool: Rocket fighter :

7wyHhE6.png

Out of fuel....

N9ptqJP.png

...under 2 minutes.

RYOokKt.png

Edited by Triop

30 minutes ago, Triop said:

NOPE

My good fellow, you're going to have to be more descriptive.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's the blade pitch. They're too flat to continue pulling as the plane speeds up.

The simple solution is to start them at a 15 deg pitch, and set the deploy direction to make them get steeper. The faster you go, the steeper they need to be.

The more complex solution is to mount them on the smallest servos:

• Control them with the up-down (K/I) axis. Control engine torque on the forward-back (H/N) axis.
  • It helps placement to put one cube octo between the servo and the rotor, and one between the rotor and the blade. You can offset them out of the way later, but those damn giant connection nodes are a pain.
  • I like to orient mine so that zero on the servo is perpendicular to the plane, and 90 is parallel.
  • Hit the invert button on the servos on the counterclockwise rotors. (You have to do each individually)

31 minutes ago, FleshJeb said:

My good fellow, you're going to have to be more descriptive.

If I had to guess, I'd say it's the blade pitch. They're too flat to continue pulling as the plane speeds up.

The simple solution is to start them at a 15 deg pitch, and set the deploy direction to make them get steeper. The faster you go, the steeper they need to be.

The more complex solution is to mount them on the smallest servos:

• Control them with the up-down (K/I) axis. Control engine torque on the forward-back (H/N) axis.
  • It helps placement to put one cube octo between the servo and the rotor, and one between the rotor and the blade. You can offset them out of the way later, but those damn giant connection nodes are a pain.
  • I like to orient mine so that zero on the servo is perpendicular to the plane, and 90 is parallel.
  • Hit the invert button on the servos on the counterclockwise rotors. (You have to do each individually)

giphy.gif

:sticktongue:

BRAKES, USE THEM

R4X1mhW.png

CdQnIfX.png

:mellow:

I tried to make a steam train, like Triop made the steam engine.

CQFDrqE.png

It just clipped in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and in and out and didn't go anywhere.

Any ideas?

• 3 months later...

@Jacke Playing and posting daily just became repetetive for me, I felt like I was repeating myself and couldn't get more out of the game.

So I took a break.

Didn't expect to return, the game just sucked me back in....

My first new project is this little SSTO, I might do some more space stuff in the coming time...

0DlPTMx.png

Got in orbit easy, now preparing on landing at Dessert Airfield...

18qSDYH.png

giphy.gif

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.