KSP Loading... A Renewed Galaxy and History and Parts Pack Gets a Release Date!

SQUAD

1 hour ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Just delete the DLL in the expansion directory.  You won't have the launch sites but you will have the parts

No vintage suits either.

The dlc gave us four things

1. Parts that could be made by modders.

2. 3. 4. Misson creator/editor, Launch Sites, and Vintage Suits, all three being hard coded in the same .dll.  

I'd like 3 and 4,  and yes I can sort of get them with KK and Texture Replacer, it was good integration and quality.

Consoles are getting 1,3,4 in their DLC.  I'm just jealous. Save ram, cpu usage, load times etc.

Peace.

The reason why I love EE is because my PC game doesn't really run that well, but the consoles are quite capable of supporting KSP (pls no 'oh but I get 45fps on console but over 90 on PC, KSP isn't meant for console', I don't want that discussion). For some people, console KSP is the only way they can play, and I'm really happy that we're starting to get more stuff now. 

Thanks SQUAD (again!)

- Cat

17 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

The reason why I love EE is because my PC game doesn't really run that well, but the consoles are quite capable of supporting KSP (pls no 'oh but I get 45fps on console but over 90 on PC, KSP isn't meant for console', I don't want that discussion). For some people, console KSP is the only way they can play, and I'm really happy that we're starting to get more stuff now. 

Thanks SQUAD (again!)

- Cat

This times a million. Squad, please take my money.

7 hours ago, SQUAD said:

our team has implemented is the replacement of the game’s galaxy cubemap.

Thank the Kraken.  That original skybox was questionable at best.

7 hours ago, Yakuzi said:

Now what about addressing the bugs you so enthusiastically asked the community to prioritise for you?

Look.  There are obviously more important things to consider.  Like the constant complaints from flagpole climbers.  There's a whole slew of flagpole climbing speedrunners that were crying out for that fix.

57 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

What do you mean. Can't I be passionate about a game?

I was clearly agreeing with you “times a million” there bud. Gotta stick up for your fellow console players.

6 minutes ago, SudAntares said:

No one forces you to buy it. You can play KSP w/o the dlc.

Thank you, that guy is driving me insane. Reading those comments is like nails on a chalkboard.

1 hour ago, Klapaucius said:

Agree, though I have long since relied on the altimeter within Kerbal Engineer, so it seems less critical than it once was for my own play.  Still, a great addition.

Yeah. KER's HUD 1 (or is it HUD 2) has had my back for as long as I've had any skill at flying or landing things. The wow factor is therefore not there for me, but like stock dV, it's finally here and it's still a great thing.

No release date on the PC update right? I don’t want it to drop in the middle of my exams since I don’t have my laptop.

as it is im already frustrated that I can’t play with restock

Also damn, that skybox looks great! I’m still keeping the cool nebula one though, but great job nonetheless. 

27 minutes ago, Homedawgian said:

I was clearly agreeing with you “times a million” there bud. Gotta stick up for your fellow console players.

'Squad, please take my money' seems a bit sarcastic/negative or something (don't really know what the word is)

Anyways, I won't pursue it or anything

- Cat

1 hour ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

'Squad, please take my money' seems a bit sarcastic/negative or something (don't really know what the word is)

I can imagine you might not have heard/read it before, but that phrase is usually meant in a very positive way
--- as if while a salesman is making his pitch, the buyer realizes it is certainly worth the price, and says "shut up and take my money" because he is so eager he doesn't want to wait for the salesman to finish the sales pitch.  A bit rude, but innocent rudeness coming from enthusiasm.

With console players able to the just good bits of the Making History Expansion for US$10, I can see some of them would find it an easy buy.

Scrolling PAW is interesting, certainly will help with command parts. Might want to do something with the altimeter button, possibly take some suggestions, and show a revised version as another KSP Loading. Skybox looks great, too bad I won't be able to appreciate it too much in orbit as my acrophobia kicks in when I'm in space. Overall, keep up the awesome work. :)

15 hours ago, nestor said:

The public tracker is updated once the version is released. There are currently about 50 bugs marked as Ready to Test from previous versions if you want to confirm any of those.

Good to hear! I figured since you explicitly asked us to communicate the urgency/internet popularity of the bugs in your game, you'd be anxious to give us some feedback... you know, to give your playerbase the slightest of inklings that the free time they devoted to fix your product isn't completely wasted.

8 hours ago, klgraham1013 said:

Holy cow.  Did you just hire @Yakuzi as QA?  Congrats man.  I know you'll do a great job.

Thanks! Who knew spending hours at an end of my free time meticulously going through bugs and design flaws, lodging files and writing detailed reports whilst being told that stuff's "working as designed" would be something people pay money for???
I'll make sure to provide my bank details... will get cracking on those '50 bugs marked as Ready to Test' as soon as I receive my coffee coins.

Jest aside, I'm happy you're working on the plethora of bugs @SQUAD... looking forward to see which ones you've attempted to squash in 1.7.