KSP Loading... A Renewed Galaxy and History and Parts Pack Gets a Release Date!

SQUAD

23 minutes ago, The_Cat_In_Space said:

Things take time to develop. Putting a PC game on console is very difficult, especially with the way that Microsoft and Sony work. I, for one, appreciate the work that SQUAD has done for KSP on console. 

Same but you can understand how some people can  get excited about something but when it gets delayed they will obviously b bummed out

3 minutes ago, sicko kerman said:

Same but you can understand how some people can  get excited about something but when it gets delayed they will obviously b bummed out

Yes. When I saw the news, I was like "Oh well," but I'm fine. It's only been delayed, not cancelled or anything, so that's good

2 hours ago, sicko kerman said:

But can you understand the outcry if Squad were to release another buggy console version?

21 minutes ago, Slay3r_fire said:

So what happened to the update for console I was super excited for that and ready to buy the slc but it's not available on ps4 yet sad day

It's been delayed so they can work on bugs

[snip]

Well guys guess what some people don't have the money for a pc and people still payed for the game and aren't getting crap but when we finally are getting an update *after 8 months* it gets delayed the night before it's supposed to come out so I would rather them focus on console then pc because keep in mind PC players constantly get updates

Edited by Vanamonde

A friendly reminder in regards to the development of the console version and game development in general:

1) The console version is being handled by Blitworks (a different game studio), not Squad.  So yes, it is entirely possible for all dev teams involved with KSP to focus on the console update and the 1.7 PC release simultaneously.  (However since Squad performs the public relations front for the console update on these forums, that seems to be the reason they take the flak about the console releases)
2) Even within a single dev team, it is possible for parallel tasks of work.  You could have artists making/refining new features or part revamps, coders tweaking behavior "under the hood", etc.  If the artist team releases a bunch of part revamp previews, that does not mean the coders are just sitting on their hands and not bug-fixing.
3) Console certification is apparently an expensive and thorough process, so if a console update gets pushed out and is "a little buggy", I suspect Blitworks can't feasibly turn around and push another update for some time, unless they go through another certification process.  This means that, without knowing what the technical issue is, you may have had to live with it for quite some time.  So be careful with what you with for.

On 3/19/2019 at 4:19 PM, sicko kerman said:

I Kinda wish squad would add keyboard and mouse support for consoles.   Everybody says that you cannot use a keyboard and mouse on Xbox or PS4 because it would undermine the console version.   But squad did not make KSP enhanced edition because they want the game to be played with a controller they made it to expand their market and it would be so much easier with a keyboard and mouse to build rockets and  generally do everything else.  People say the game is frustratingly on playable without a keyboard and mouse but I think you can still play it but it's a lot easier with a keyboard and a mouse that's the reason every single conole game has aim assist because it's harder to aim with a stick than it is with a mouse....... Squad please add this;)

thank you, currently my favorite game it still surprises me that people actually play games like Fortnite when you have KSP 

You can use a keyboard and mouse to play just about any game on ps4. I've used them to play KSP on ps4 since it released. 

2 hours ago, GrandProtectorDark said:

In scott manleys Enhanced edition stream, he did use a keyboard to Access the cheat menu. 

Maybe there just isn't officially a keyboard support. But it just works anyway.

Hmm maybe on PS4 but I tried on Xbox and it didnt work hopefully they add it sometime

On 3/14/2019 at 2:03 PM, SQUAD said:

Among the various bugs that are no more, these ones stand out:

We fixed a visual problem with the PQS normal maps that caused planets to have mismatched normals seams when seen from orbit. The team also fixed a bug where symmetry would break animations on some parts and another that locked the ‘Return to KSC’ button at the top of the altimeter during flight scenes. The thermal overlay that was rendering on parts with lights was also fixed, alongside a hilarious bug that caused the launchpad flagpole to explode when a Kerbal fell off the top of it.

I noticed no mention in this short paragraph of landing gear, landing struts, wheels ( and their associated well-known glitches with terrain ).

Also absent was the continuing problems with the Making History service module. I have been battling with this part for several days now, and have concluded it can only be used as a cosmetic part, like a spacer. It cannot be used for its intended purpose.

I believe priority seems to be paint jobs over part bugs.

Change my mind.