KSP Loading... A Renewed Galaxy and History and Parts Pack Gets a Release Date!

SQUAD

So going through the changes we are getting pretty much nothing on the consoles, right?

All the important stuff we needed - especially the Delta-V calculation and altimeter toggle mode - are not even going to be implemented, correct? Not even an Alarm clock app could be implemented.

Let's hope at least 1/3 of the reported bugs are actually fixed...

Edited by Arch3rAc3

On 3/15/2019 at 11:46 AM, JadeOfMaar said:

- the new RCS features -

I feel like I've missed something here, what functionality has been added to RCS?

Is it just the new shader which allows emissives etc with moduleRCS or was there something else?

5 minutes ago, NoMrBond said:

I feel like I've missed something here, what functionality has been added to RCS?

Is it just the new shader which allows emissives etc with moduleRCS or was there something else?

Just that. I don't remember anything else.

1 minute ago, JadeOfMaar said:

Just that. I don't remember anything else.

Ah boo, I was hoping that the advanced tweakables feature to put some engines on/off the RCS control which was talked about in like 1.2 was finally arriving.

It was like the Puff, Spark and Terrier, gated on the tech-tree, could probably include the Cub from Making History on that list now too

On 3/22/2019 at 5:25 PM, GrandProtectorDark said:

Nah. There's more important things than clouds for the KSP guys to work on.

like what ?

- what is more important then making doughnut holes in the middle of clouds with ksp rockets / flying through them with planes.

i told you already [snip] players are [snip], to forget the [snipping snippers].

you can't just say "nooo there is more important things to be doing" - devs aren't psychic ?.

16 hours ago, k00b said:

like what ?

- what is more important then making doughnut holes in the middle of clouds with ksp rockets / flying through them with planes.

i told you already [snip] players are [snip], to forget the [snipping snippers].

you can't just say "nooo there is more important things to be doing" - devs aren't psychic ?.

I literally made an account to respond to this. So far one the biggest problems with the enhanced edition is the frame rate lag. The game over clocks the systems(xb1 way worse than ps4). After playing for more than 15min we get lag spikes that completely freeze the game for 1sec every 30sec. That's almost game breaking imo. Second, collision detection is excrements. Landing on any celestial body is trash, you touch down and continue to slide along the surface until saving/reloading. Converters have a glitch where sometimes they will overheat instantly(250k to 1500k heat in less than a second) until you save/reload. Anytime I bring a craft near another craft the whole game slows down drastically. I'm not even going to bring up the fact that consoles dont get nearly as many updates as PC, which is even worse because PC has mods that can fix or bandaid flaws in the game(DV calculators as an example). I understand it's two seperate teams, but its Squads game and they should be on top of Blitworks to make their content quality. And for christs sake, can we get updates that dont come from Reddit? Blitworks has no sense of public relations, I waited for this update for days before finding out it was delayed the day before. Official KSP news says the update shoulve already came out and they havent updated anyone. Literally the only place to find out about the delay is reddit or commentary here.

44 minutes ago, Juggajames said:

Literally the only place to find out about the delay is reddit or commentary here.

Hello Juggahames and welcome to the forum.

I just wanted to let you know that there is an announcement from Squad about this delay.

Here's a link.

@RedPandaz they couldn't make the whole making history dlc work on consoles so they are taking the bits they can port and repacking them as a different smaller dlc. You can get everything they are getting through making history or preferably through higher quality mods.

Edited by passinglurker

19 hours ago, k00b said:

like what ?

Further Improve the Base games Code(there's still a large number of Bugs).
Further Performance Optimization.
Maybe an Art-Pass for the Planets.
Some Improvement'ts towards the contract system.
*More* Art Revamps for parts (looking at you, Thumper).

Stuff Like Clouds is the least Important here.
And Not even EVE allows for you to Interact with clouds (which wouldn't play that nice with the performance anyway)

21 hours ago, k00b said:

what is more important then making doughnut holes in the middle of clouds with ksp rockets

Your computer burning a doughnut hole in your desk from overheating due to the ridiculously massive amount of processor power required to even contemplate that.

One little addition I would like to see added to KSP is a new icon for "Landing Site".  You land on a moon or planet for the first time with your two stage lander, make all the historical quotes and so on, get back home and discover the latest most historic place on all Kerbal history, is called "Debris".

Imagine NASA calling the Apollo 11 landing site, debris?

4 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

get back home and discover the latest most historic place on all Kerbal history, is called "Debris".

The historic place has to be highlighted by a flag. Therefore all the stuff left on the ground is... garbage! Feel free to name them technical decorative unsorted items.

Edited by DfA-DoM

For those of you who have suggested that fixing input support on GNU/Linux should not be a priority as it affects only a small subset of the userbase, take a look at this commonly encountered bug that Squad seemingly has prioritised:

On 3/15/2019 at 8:03 AM, SQUAD said:

bug that caused the launchpad flagpole to explode when a Kerbal fell off the top of it

Perhaps we should hold a poll to determine the number of users who have been bitten by this "exploding flagpole" bug, and how seriously it has hampered their enjoyment of the game?

s/ I don't know about you guys, but I climb the flagpole every single time I play the game, and I make a point of doing it at least twice while I get ready to fly a plane. It warms up my fingers for all that key-tapping.
Not being able to use my expensive analogue joystick is of course no problem at all, as long as my beloved flagpole is safe from explosions. Thank doG for Squad's focus on the bugs that really matter. /s

It has now been just over a year since you completely broke joystick / gamepad support on GNU/Linux @SQUAD, and I still see no mention of it in the dev notes and no progress whatsoever on the bugtracker.
Is this going to be fixed for 1.7 or not?

Aside, the new skybox is quite nice. Not as nice as fixing bugs, but nice all the same.

15 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

One little addition I would like to see added to KSP is a new icon for "Landing Site".  You land on a moon or planet for the first time with your two stage lander, make all the historical quotes and so on, get back home and discover the latest most historic place on all Kerbal history, is called "Debris".

Two things:

1. That sounds just about the most Kerbal thing you could do.
  2. You can change the name and type of anything in the tracking station, even debris. Find the item. click it, then click the info button in the sidebar and click the thing's name. I don't remember exactly what it looks like but I do recall that the thing you click does not look anything like a button and instead looks like a title.

5 hours ago, 5thHorseman said:

Two things:

1. That sounds just about the most Kerbal thing you could do.
  2. You can change the name and type of anything in the tracking station, even debris. Find the item. click it, then click the info button in the sidebar and click the thing's name. I don't remember exactly what it looks like but I do recall that the thing you click does not look anything like a button and instead looks like a title.

Yes I do reslise you can change the name and type of vessel in the tracking station, but to what?  It isn't a base or a probe, it's not a space station... really none of the available options are suitable IMHO.  Just a little icon added to the options offered saying "Landing Site" would make for a very happy Flying Kerbal.

It's like I said in my OP, have you ever heard NASA refer to the descent stage of Eagle as debris?

4 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

Yes I do reslise you can change the name and type of vessel in the tracking station, but to what?  It isn't a base or a probe, it's not a space station... really none of the available options are suitable IMHO.  Just a little icon added to the options offered saying "Landing Site" would make for a very happy Flying Kerbal.

It's like I said in my OP, have you ever heard NASA refer to the descent stage of Eagle as debris?

couldn't you attach a probe core to the stage before launch and then change it to a surface base icon instead?

10 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

You could stick something over in the suggestions forum.

Maybe add a new class of vessel that's not displayed by default, similar to debris, called 'Historic' or something?

13 hours ago, The Flying Kerbal said:

I've never heard them refer to it physically as a landing site either.  A landing site would be the physical area of the Moon (or Mun) itself.

Edited by klesh
oh hey, 2,000 posts.