KSP Loading... A Renewed Galaxy and History and Parts Pack Gets a Release Date!

SQUAD

1 minute ago, klgraham1013 said:

If you're talking about the mun pad, they can keep their bad idea on consoles.

Not specifically, just the implication that they may make content unique for console/PC, which is disturbing to say the least

On 3/15/2019 at 10:59 PM, Drakomis said:

Not specifically, just the implication that they may make content unique for console/PC, which is disturbing to say the least

I'm pretty sure console players say the same for years about the PC gaming.

We always had the Add'Ons, they don't. Any Kerbal Konstructs experienced user can build an equivalent Münar Base, anyway. And you can build one using Stock Parts and make it functional using Global Construction, by the way.

Console players don't.

And since console players are using an specific and incompatible fork from KSP (forked from 1.2.2, I think), it's unlikely that Console compatible DLCs would be useable on the PC. So this can be more of a technical issue than anything else.

Edited by Lisias
tasting my own medicine :)

2 minutes ago, Lisias said:

I'm pretty sure console players say the same for years about the PC gaming.

We always had the Mods, they don't. Any Kerbal Konstructs experienced user can build an equivalent Münar Base, anyway. And you can build one using Stock Parts and make it functional using Global Construction, by the way.

Console players don't.

And since console players are using an specific and incompatible fork from KSP (forked from 1.2.2, I think), it's unlikely that Console compatible DLCs would be useable on the PC. So this can be more of a technical issue than anything else.

That's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure I don't really care specifically about consoles, and that wasn't really an issue before Take Two took KSP over. While I commend the company for catering to a crowd, catering to that specific crowd and leaving out the one that made the game? Not a good idea.

Console gaming hasn't traditionally dealt with any form of modding until within the last eight to ten years, probably shorter. It's nice those players get that attention, and it wouldn't be such a huge issue if the development team didn't post updates at such long and lengthy intervals.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:24 PM, Drakomis said:

That's unfortunate. I'm pretty sure I don't really care specifically about consoles, and that wasn't really an issue before Take Two took KSP over. While I commend the company for catering to a crowd, catering to that specific crowd and leaving out the one that made the game? Not a good idea.

You are wrong. It's not a TTI issue, but a Microsft, Sony et all issue. Console's ecosystems are closed, controlled and restrict environment - both technically and legally.

It's not common sense, but did you know that Microsoft legally bound any publisher to do not use PS3's blue ray when publishing his game there? They just were not allowed to publish on PS3 a richer version of a game they publish on XBox, or Microsoft would terminate the license. And this is only one of the stunts console companies apply on us.

Squad never ported the game to consoles. They hired Fly Tiger Entertainment to port the first console version, based on KSP 1.1. For KSP Enhanced Edition, they hired Blitworks to do another port, this one based on 1.2.2, and they were being supported by Private Division (a TTI subsidiary). These guys don't work for cheap, publishing a game on a console can cost tens of millions USD.

The announce that TTI had bough KSP dates May 31, 2017.

The release date for KSP Enhanced Edition dates January 16, 2018, and the release date of the first console version dates July 12, 2016. So the first KSP version were release almost an year before TTI's take over. So, no. These issues predates TTI.

On 3/15/2019 at 11:24 PM, Drakomis said:

Console gaming hasn't traditionally dealt with any form of modding until within the last eight to ten years, probably shorter. It's nice those players get that attention, and it wouldn't be such a huge issue if the development team didn't post updates at such long and lengthy intervals.

There was NEVER a modding scene on console. [edit: in the sense we use here.]

https://kotaku.com/game-modding-illegal-in-japan-punishable-by-prison-and-1831525943

Edited by Lisias
a side note. in italics

1 hour ago, Maniacal said:

I wonder if us PC gamers will get the Mun base launchsite later

Yes.

1 hour ago, Maniacal said:

when they finish building a balanced and interesting way to obtain/build it.

No.

(Note I don't actually know that we'll get it I'm just assuming. On both points. But I'd put a small wager on the 2nd one)

I saw the news on Steam and quickly read the post
Saw the Münar launchpad, I was sooo happy, flailing my arms everywhere and doing dozen of happiness noises
Then I read it wasen't for PC and I'm now absolutely sad, unhyped and disappointed that I couldn't do that in the vanilla game and use a wonky mod that will not quite do the job

2 minutes ago, KamikazeF0X said:

I saw the news on Steam and quickly read the post
Saw the Münar launchpad, I was sooo happy, flailing my arms everywhere and doing dozen of happiness noises
Then I read it wasen't for PC and I'm now absolutely sad, unhyped and disappointed that I couldn't do that in the vanilla game and use a wonky mod that will not quite do the job

I believe they may of made it only console exclusive as a little gift for the console players (who've gone without content for over a year). You can use mods, but the Mun launch site is exclusive to the Enhanced Edition 

I know that the console version had nothing interesting in a year, but, is there really that much people playing it ? I always thought it was a waste of time since 2015
And for the PC I know there is Extraplanetary Launchpad but it's nowhere near the Vanilla game feel, I never really liked that mod (sry skykooler and taniwha) due to the fact you have to place a size-restricted launchpad somewhere and feed him with parts and stuff...
That's why I thought it would have been great to have that vanilla launchpad elsewhere than the two or three launchpads Kerbin have

Just now, KamikazeF0X said:

is there really that much people playing it ? I always thought it was a waste of time since 2015

Yes there is. It isn't a waste of time at all, it's opening up KSP for a whole lot of other people who don't have PCs or can't run the game on PC, etc.

11 hours ago, Lein Armweek said:

I'm on console, I need to know a way to find angle on planets so that I can slingshot better. And also for the lovr of science please show the ap and ep in on the screen at all time. 

Yeah that'd probably make the PC community explode but I'd get behind rushing that to consoles first. I mean, we CAN get that info now via mods, while you can't.