[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

4 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

You are missing the ToolbarController, it's a dependency

There are a number of Exceptions in the log file.  I can't rule anything out, I have no idea if the missing ToolbarController is causing them.  It shouldn't, but please install it, run your test again and let us know what happens.  If it still fails, I'll need the log file again

Now it is working. Didn't even know that ToolbarController was a dependency. I still with a little concern because the missions didn't complete through the ALT+F12 menu, just in action and maybe this can conflict with other mods, but i'll take a look and update all of them. Thanks for the help.

2 hours ago, Nautjugger said:

Now it is working. Didn't even know that ToolbarController was a dependency. I still with a little concern because the missions didn't complete through the ALT+F12 menu, just in action and maybe this can conflict with other mods, but i'll take a look and update all of them. Thanks for the help.

I thought I had updated the OP with the dependencies, apparently I hadn't.  updating now

• 2 weeks later...

New releases,  1.4.6.15 for KSP 1.7.3 and 1.4.7.4 for KSP 1.8.x

• For both:
    • Added check for full tanks to the "Fill Tanks" button, which was already there for the "Fill Tanks & Launch" button
    • Deleted old commented out toolbar code
    • Thanks to @siimav for this fix:
      • Fixed lag in editor by moving FindObjectByType to where it was used and not called every frame
  • For 1.7.3:
    • Created dedicated deploy-173.bat for local testing

@siimav

Got a report of a NullRef in the update, 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/42

All he gave was the following, hopefully it will be enough for you.  I'll look in to this this evening after I get home

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.DrawEditorGUI (System.Int32 windowID) [0x0075b] in <3168da851a334d2087cd18ff0fbe2e91>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00077] in <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <3168da851a334d2087cd18ff0fbe2e91> Line: 0)

3 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

@siimav

Got a report of a NullRef in the update, 

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/42

All he gave was the following, hopefully it will be enough for you.  I'll look in to this this evening after I get home

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at KerbalConstructionTime.KCT_GUI.DrawEditorGUI (System.Int32 windowID) [0x0075b] in <3168da851a334d2087cd18ff0fbe2e91>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (System.Int32 windowID) [0x00077] in <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0 
  at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.GUI+WindowFunction func, System.Int32 id, System.Int32 instanceID, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, System.Int32 forceRect, System.Single width, System.Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00077] in <5c0adbf4bfd64247bdedbb543f29b763>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)

(Filename: <3168da851a334d2087cd18ff0fbe2e91> Line: 0)

It's that line most likely.

Hmm I notice with kct that whenever I recover a ship all parachutes stay in the "spent" stage. - I can "fix" this by removing the parachutes and reattaching "new ones", since the difference is 0% the construction time is 0 seconds.

It's hence just a major annoyance when parachutes don't repack themselves, and not really logical (should be part of the recovery procedure).

Hello, 

first of all, this is a great mod, you are doing great job and i love all your mods. Just counted it in CKAN, I'm currently using 40 of your mods :D just btw

I just have one suggestion and I'm not even sure its possible:   When i edit a craft could it be possible to merge that craft with some other one?

Its just, that I love the option to recover my craft into VAB/SPH, but when i edit it I need to build again f.e. whole sattelite. For me its just more efficient scrap that vehicle and construct it again from save.

I was all hyped up with these new option of recovering, but if I want to use it on some payload lifting vehicles its just unusable.

If there just was an option to merge with some other crafts, it would be super great.

Thanks for all your hard work. You deserve a medal, or at least free copy of KSP 2 ^^

Edited by Dzarin

2 hours ago, Dzarin said:

I just have one suggestion and I'm not even sure its possible:   When i edit a craft could it be possible to merge that craft with some other one?

Its just, that I love the option to recover my craft into VAB/SPH, but when i edit it I need to build again f.e. whole sattelite. For me its just more efficient scrap that vehicle and construct it again from save.

I was all hyped up with these new option of recovering, but if I want to use it on some payload lifting vehicles its just unusable.

One partial workaround is to save your payloads as subassemblies. Then you can select edit on the recovered booster in KCT to re-open it in the VAB and then add on replacements for any expendable parts (e.g. launch clamps, fairings, upper stage) and then attach the payload subassembly.

This works quite well for SSTOs or rockets like Falcon 9 where only one vessel is being recovered but if you're recovering multiple parts/stages separately (e.g. Falcon Heavy or Space Shuttle) then I've not found an alternative to just scrapping and rebuilding - at least you still get the funds back for the recovered parts.

Thanks for the tip Aelfhe1m

I just found a mod already in my mod list, thats called Hangar by Allista. I never used it so far, but it does exactly what i need ^^

It will transform any cargo bays into hangars, where you can store your vessels via VAB/SPH or inflight if you park it there. When its parked it will be unloaded for the instance, so it will not cause random explosions to your craft and your ram :wacko:

SIlly me, I could have tried that earlier and save a lot of problems.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey @linuxgurugamer - I am encountering an issue where i cannot resize a toolbar window if I have KCT in it using Toolbar controller. I have tested this with a fresh 1.8.1 save using just Toolbar, Toolbar Controller, Click Through Blocker, KCT, MagiCore, and Alarm Clock, all with the most recent version.

If set KCT back to the stock toolbar, or if i hide the KCT button in a scene, it lets me resize again. not game breaking but it is annoying.

24 minutes ago, Adriayn said:

Hey @linuxgurugamer - I am encountering an issue where i cannot resize a toolbar window if I have KCT in it using Toolbar controller. I have tested this with a fresh 1.8.1 save using just Toolbar, Toolbar Controller, Click Through Blocker, KCT, MagiCore, and Alarm Clock, all with the most recent version.

If set KCT back to the stock toolbar, or if i hide the KCT button in a scene, it lets me resize again. not game breaking but it is annoying.

It’s a known problem, no idea yet what is causing it

I'm working on fixing a few bugs and anew addition, am looking for input.

A user made a PR with a new feature for the Upgrades window, in that instead of just clicking a button 45 times to apply 45 point, his code will allow the following:

Modifer key Points Spent
shift 5
ctrl 100
alt (MOD) all

Personally I prefer in a case like this to have specific buttons, so I dummied up the following Upgrades window to do the same thing, only with butons:

AnkxLvq.png

The 100 points buttons are not visible because there are only 45 points available at this time in the game.  I'm also going to modify the initial Settings window (accessed by right-clicking the KCT button in the Space Center), to add entry fields to allow the second and third values to be configurable by the user rather than hard-coded in place.

So I'm looking for input as to which you would all prefer, using the various modifier keys or with the buttons.

Also, the following bugs will be fixed in the upcoming release:

• Fixed issue when closing Upgrades was not returning to main KCT dialog
  • Fixed issue where a kerbal on EVA could be recovered to either the SPH or VAB
  • Added check to disable the "Reset Points" if not enough points available
  • Fixed issue where switching editor building while editing a new vessel would end up having the new vessel rolled out to the wrong launchsite (fixed in ClickThroughBlocker), listed here for completeness

I'm the person who did the PR. I prefer the modifier key solution, because it seems less cluttered to me. But as lgg said on the PR this leads to the problem of how to inform the user about how to use it. I confess that I don't have a satisfying solution to this. Some possibilities, non of which seem ideal to me:

• tooltips
  • a textbox in the upgrades window
  • a screen message after clicking the button normally several times

Here is a screenshot of my version (from left to right: no key, holding shift, holding ctrl, holding alt)

kct.jpg

Edited by todi
added screenshot

@todi

I'm wondering if it might be possible to do both.  Would you be willing to rework your changes after I finish the button version?  I can put in code to disable the extra buttons.

I would make the button version the default, and in the options inform the user about the modifier key version