[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 9/20/2020 at 8:12 PM, KnedlikMCPE said:

I’m not suprised with kopernicus bleeding edge, try uninstalling that

I did a fresh install of everything, including kopernicus bleeding edge, and so far it hasn't happened yet. It however only happened once in a while, so who knows.

But now I have the following issue (again): it keeps spamming

[KCT] Attempting to take control of launch button

(Filename: ./Runtime/Export/Debug/Debug.bindings.h Line: 35)

I remember this was an issue in the past, I can however not find what fixed it.

(Player.log: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1q9W-ocaPuA2Ek87ZoNyEAuo8_2ZA35_o/view?usp=sharing)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Cornholio said:

I have used this addon in 100s of played hours of KSP but have always wondered what the criteria is for accumulating upgrade points.  Any hints?

Open settings (RMB on KCT ico in KSC scene). You can also open "show formulas" button to see everything that is designed to be cofigurable.

In preset settings you should find "points for tech node button", I guess it is on by default and this is the reason for you to ask the question.

On 11/9/2020 at 2:29 PM, DarthPointer said:

Open settings (RMB on KCT ico in KSC scene). You can also open "show formulas" button to see everything that is designed to be cofigurable.

In preset settings you should find "points for tech node button", I guess it is on by default and this is the reason for you to ask the question.

I had checked out the cfgs with these formulas before but nothing appeared too obvious to me.  I didn't know about RMB while in game, that was a pleasant surprise.  Still, though, the only things I can see so far that generate budget points are tech tree unlocking (I think) and empty storage.  Are both of those correct?  Are there additional methods to generate BP?  Thanks for the help so far.

Im sure im missing it somewhere so sorry if i am. The link in the discription for the formula settings is made in 2015 alot of whats on there isnt in the current version so its very confusing. im trying to figure out how to change the setting to something simular to realism settings (like how you can only research one node at a time).  ty for any help

On 11/13/2020 at 7:42 AM, UnanimousCoward said:

Every time you start researching a new technology in the tech tree, you receive one upgrade point.

Aside from purchasing points, is there any way to accrue points after researching the entire tech tree?

I'm running into something a little odd here. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but CKAN is not showing KCT as available for installation on KSP 1.10.1.2939. I suspect the reason is that MagiCore is marked as only being compatible with KSP <1.8.1. I tried manually downloading both KCT (1.4.8) and MagiCore (1.3.2.3) from the provided links, but KCT is not showing up in game. Is there something else I've missed?

Edit: Oh for crying out loud. Ignore this, I'm an idiot. I haven't played KSP in quite a while, and haven't installed mods manually in even longer. I was trying to just drop the zip files in the Gamedata folder, which obviously didn't work.

Edit2: Still curious why it's not showing up in CKAN, though.

Edited by SaintWacko

Apologies if this has been asked before. I did some searching but had no luck.  

When applying upgrade points in the research area there are two options.  The bottom one is #/day and that controls how fast you research a new unlock from the tech tree.  

What does the other one do? 

It is #/build points.  So is that giving you science points from building craft, or is it also applying to researching new tech?

58 minutes ago, eberkain said:

What does the other one do? 

It is #/build points.  So is that giving you science points from building craft, or is it also applying to researching new tech?

Yep, you got it. That one gives you science for building vehicles. If it's non-zero you'll see a small message in the top left (either that or top center) when a ship is done building that'll say how many science points you got for building it. You only get science for new builds not for editing existing builds.

16 hours ago, SaintWacko said:

I'm running into something a little odd here. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, but CKAN is not showing KCT as available for installation on KSP 1.10.1.2939. I suspect the reason is that MagiCore is marked as only being compatible with KSP <1.8.1. I tried manually downloading both KCT (1.4.8) and MagiCore (1.3.2.3) from the provided links, but KCT is not showing up in game. Is there something else I've missed?

Edit: Oh for crying out loud. Ignore this, I'm an idiot. I haven't played KSP in quite a while, and haven't installed mods manually in even longer. I was trying to just drop the zip files in the Gamedata folder, which obviously didn't work.

Edit2: Still curious why it's not showing up in CKAN, though.

Hey!

If you have a 1.10.1 installation, and no compatibility settings for older KSP versions set in CKAN, then KCT won't appear as compatible, as MagiCore and Toolbar Controller don't show compatibility (again, according to CKAN) with 1.10.1. You can of course override this either per mod or globally, but those discussions are better for the CKAN topic. However, as you may have gathered from the postings here, KCT is working just fine in KSP. :D

Very minor useability question/request: every time I return to the space center, the KCT window defaults to being closed and I have to manually open it again from the toolbar. Since using KCT is the main thing I do from the space center view besides visiting VAB or R&D, it gets a bit inconvenient. Is there any way to make it default to being open?

22 minutes ago, SaintWacko said:

Is there any way to have recovered vessels automatically refueled? Getting real tired of recovering, editing, and relaunching a vessel only to have it not take off because there's no fuel.

Isn't there a "refuel" button in the launch craft/select crew window?

Hi everyone !
My game is crashing each time I try to load a vessel, in the VAB. Not sure it's related to KCT, but the last lines of the KSP.log shows this multiple time :

So I was wondering, can this cause the crash ?

KSP.log : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QIZxV1JgL9SDnqsTlkzwXeLM9b5EroDE/view?usp=sharing

Feature request:  Would it be possible to implement a toggle / flag that would restrict the number of tech nodes that can be researched concurrently?  At the moment you could (theoretically) unlock x number of tech nodes and they will all commence research at the same time and run their research in parallel.  I'd like to "throttle" this so that only one tech node can be researched at a time, similar to how ship construction has a queue mechanism.  I currently do this manually by selecting a single tech node for research, then wait for it to finish before selecting the next node, but enabling an automated approach within the mod would be an awesome addition.

5 minutes ago, Strych74 said:

Feature request:  Would it be possible to implement a toggle / flag that would restrict the number of tech nodes that can be researched concurrently?  At the moment you could (theoretically) unlock x number of tech nodes and they will all commence research at the same time and run their research in parallel.  I'd like to "throttle" this so that only one tech node can be researched at a time, similar to how ship construction has a queue mechanism.  I currently do this manually by selecting a single tech node for research, then wait for it to finish before selecting the next node, but enabling an automated approach within the mod would be an awesome addition.

There's a way to do it with the formulas but I don't remember it off the top of my head. I don't recall if there's a preset that uses that functionality. I think that RP-0 did. Once you force it to be limited I think it will give you buttons to change the order in the queue and other management stuff like that too but I gotta be honest it's probably been like 3 or more years since I used that functionality.

37 minutes ago, Clamp-o-Tron said:

Hello everyone! Is there a way, with formulas or otherwise, to make part purchases (research it, then pay x funds to get to actually use it), take time?

Like a prototype development time following the research period?