[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Having a strange issue where I can't build stuff and the build time always displays as 0 days, hours, minutes, and  seconds. This happened after I installed JNSQ and uninstalled KAC, but other than that I don't know what's causing the issue. Here's my player.log file and a screenshot of my GameData folder.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/82d96gj1t78xzvc/Player.log?dl=0

gM3x2o2.png

EDIT: Found the fix! The version of Kronometer bundled with JNSQ is the culprit. Hope my testing helps others out!

Edited by MoeKitsune
Forgot the image, oops

8 hours ago, MoeKitsune said:

EDIT: Found the fix! The version of Kronometer bundled with JNSQ is the culprit. Hope my testing helps others out!

You got it. For anyone else out there having similar issues, you'll need to grab @R-T-B's temporary update to Kronometer. Was having all sorts of weird issues on 1.12.x with mods not working properly until I grabbed that. 

Just now, Sesshaku said:

Does this work in 1.12? Because I can't run the game with Magicore (it gets stuck at loading parts), but if I run it without Magicore, this mod won't work.

I've been running the latest version in 1.12 without issues. Sounds like it could be a conflict with a different mod? Most likely you won't get more detailed help without providing the log file from when you try to run the game.

Just now, magico13 said:

I've been running the latest version in 1.12 without issues. Sounds like it could be a conflict with a different mod? Most likely you won't get more detailed help without providing the log file from when you try to run the game.

Well, here's the thing. I recently deleted RO/RP1 because although I love it, I also hate it (too much burning time for certain maneuvres).

So I was literally just starting to find a right "middle ground" build. In other words, I already know the build has probably a lot to "optimize", but on the first tests, Magicore doesn't load, while without it it does (although MM still has 4 errors), so clearly there's something going on with Magicore and my build.

here's the mod list. 

And here are the Logs.

See if you can find something.

3 hours ago, magico13 said:

Magicore does that for me as well - locks it up on start. It's definitely a mod conflict, but I haven't isolated which one. I'll see if I can try testing it tonight or tomorrow and narrow it down or at least get you a full set of logs and a Gamedata screenshot. My original mod list was as lengthy as Sesshaku's, but the last time I was trying to figure it out, I'd whittled it down to 20-ish mods.

Edited by panarchist

• 2 weeks later...

KCT is a must-have mod for me as it adds a lot to the game.  I also use Breaking Ground.

I noticed that when I change my crew's inventories in the VAB, when KCT puts them on the launchpad they revert to the default parachute and EVA pack.  The ship inventory remains ok.

I found a workaround by building a capsule in Sandbox, loading it with a Kerbal with the right inventory, then copy/pasting that into my main Persistent file.  Everything between INVENTORY and CAREER_LOG.

Is this possible to add?  I imagine it could be a problem because I have always cleared the crew out and then assigned who I like in the KCT dialogue so that would be an issue...

15 hours ago, Matt77 said:

KCT is a must-have mod for me as it adds a lot to the game.  I also use Breaking Ground.

I noticed that when I change my crew's inventories in the VAB, when KCT puts them on the launchpad they revert to the default parachute and EVA pack.  The ship inventory remains ok.

I found a workaround by building a capsule in Sandbox, loading it with a Kerbal with the right inventory, then copy/pasting that into my main Persistent file.  Everything between INVENTORY and CAREER_LOG.

Is this possible to add?  I imagine it could be a problem because I have always cleared the crew out and then assigned who I like in the KCT dialogue so that would be an issue...

That's probably because of the new stock inventory, which KCT doesn't know about.

I'll try to look at it in a few weeks, busy with all mod updates for 1.12 right now

Thanks, I really don't know if it's trivial or a headache.  If I configured my crew inventory in the VAB, then decided to change the crew at launch...  what happens to the inventory?  Perhaps best left for the re-write, I can understand you're busy with all the mods you maintain!

This is not game-breaking, now I know how to sort it.  

Hello folks, I hate to ask for help, but ive been back and forth, mixing mods trying to find something that works, googling to the ends of Kerbin and cant seem to sort it.

The bug seems to be interface related. If i click on a building in KSC it loads, but as soon as I click the red Exit icon in the upper right, it doesnt take you back to the KSC (or at least it never changes the background image). The icons on the bottom right appear but the menu's seem broken. Cant even exit to main menu. Ive attached an image below. Any thoughts?

https://imgur.com/a/hTbhvBM (image wont post for some reason, maybe cuz my account is new).

Also, here is my modlist. I can grab logs too, if needed.

https://imgur.com/UUgpDJZ

Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks!

Edited by ~Omen~
Cant spell...

8 hours ago, ~Omen~ said:

Thanks for taking the time, sir! I grabbed the ksp.log, are there any others i should pull up?

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtR-pHydOvU3jkscUAweeQBEOZFi?e=FKEjNn

I prefer the Player.log.

However, I see the following error in the log you provided:

[EXC 09:11:41.286] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
	UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
	UnityEngine.Debug:CallOverridenDebugHandler(Exception, Object)
[LOG 09:11:41.318] [B9PW] start bundle load process
[LOG 09:11:41.319] [B9PW] Aquiring bundle data
[LOG 09:11:41.373] [B9PW] Wing shader "KSP/Specular Layered" loaded. Shader supported? True
[LOG 09:11:41.377] CustomShadersLoader::Start
[LOG 09:11:41.380] [Wrappers]: ToolbarController is available.
[EXC 09:11:41.385] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.
	ModuleManager.UnityLogHandle.InterceptLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
[EXC 09:11:41.390] FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ToolbarControl, Version=0.1.9.4, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies.

You don't say how you installed your mods.

You don't have the latest version of ToolbarController, the version you do have doesn't work properly.  You need 0.1.9.6, you have 0.1.9.5

Ah yes, I didnt realize Toolbar controller was a version behind. I have updated it. Player.log is below.

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtR-pHydOvU3jkz9ir7fLvb67VTT

I use CKAN 1.30.4 for mod installation. I think I manually installed Magicore because of the required KCT dependencies, and I couldnt find it in CKAN.

Btw I did want to say that this is one of my fav mods over the years and I really appreciate your (and Magico13's) work keeping this active. Thanks again! 

59 minutes ago, ~Omen~ said:

I use CKAN 1.30.4 for mod installation. I think I manually installed Magicore because of the required KCT dependencies, and I couldnt find it in CKAN.

use the latest CKAN.

also, Magicore hasn't yet been updated for 1.12, you need to allow compatibility for 1.11 to get the right version

Please reinstall it correctly, and then provide a new log file

Having problems with 1.12.2,  the launch button in the VAB isn't creating a project in the VAB build list. The dropdown on the build button immediately puts you on the pad with the design. 

Logs: 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rdn9zd3e04cnmca/KSP.log?dl=0

Thanks in advance. Hopefully it's just me misplacing something.

EDIT: After a scratch restart (KCT cluster + module manager to start) then then adding mods one at a time to check for conflicts, it works.  

I don't know why it works, but it does. Only took 6 hours. Remember, you're not just playing Kerbal Space Program, you're playing Kerbal Space Program, the 'how many mods will my computer support before it gets cranky' metagame. 

Edited by Sudragon
updated information.

• 4 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, DarthPointer said:

Missing dependency? Did you install all of them?

yes there all there the panel will be there for a while i can play for days that when I reload its gone. and if i start a new save its back on that save but in the orginal the panel is still missing. yet the rest of the save is fine just the KCT panel 

For whatever reason, when KCT is active and I have a ship in the build queue, I get a Null Reference Error when trying to leave the VAB, or any other building.  I've installed my mods through CKAN and I have all the required dependencies.

Player.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91mapswm2ehcfmz/Player.log?dl=0

I've had this issue with an older save on 1.11, and I can't figure out what is causing the problem.

Here's an example of the error I get when trying to leave the VAB:

Spoiler

unknown.png

Thanks for any help