[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

24 minutes ago, Xenophon Muravyov said:

For whatever reason, when KCT is active and I have a ship in the build queue, I get a Null Reference Error when trying to leave the VAB, or any other building.  I've installed my mods through CKAN and I have all the required dependencies.

Player.log:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/91mapswm2ehcfmz/Player.log?dl=0

I've had this issue with an older save on 1.11, and I can't figure out what is causing the problem.

Here's an example of the error I get when trying to leave the VAB:

Reveal hidden contents

unknown.png

Thanks for any help

Did you recently upgrade TweakScale? This is a known bug with that mod that's currently being worked on. You can read about it in the TweakScale thread.

15 hours ago, Xenophon Muravyov said:

For whatever reason, when KCT is active and I have a ship in the build queue, I get a Null Reference Error when trying to leave the VAB, or any other building.  I've installed my mods through CKAN and I have all the required dependencies.

Fixed on the latest TweakScale, available here. :)

Let me explain what happened:

• There're some people that don't like TweakScale on Challenges, and so players had to create KSP installments without it to be able to participate
  • Sometimes people uninstall TweakScale, but by then KSP starts to yell on them because crafts that didn't used TweakScale at all still have this Module on them
  • Exporting crafts to 3rd Parties services would erroneously flag the craft as using TweakScale when it was not.
    • it was my (mis)understanding that Kerbal-X would be one of them, but these guys did the extra mile and detected this by themselves.
    • But since in the near future some new features from TweakScale can break the current assumptions, it's my goal to save them some trouble in the future too

So, now, TweakScale does not save the TweakScale module on the craft file for parts that doesn't use it (by being disabled, or by being in the default scale).

I'm using this feature on personal builds since April without detecting any problem (and the thingy works fine downto KSP 1.4.0), but since I don't use KCT, I missed this use case.

However, and this is the interesting part… KCT is not guilty neither, it's the screaming victim. There's an unhandled borderline situation on KSP's ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive (that somehow was being handled everywhere else!), and since KCT relies on this thingy to do its business, this bug ended up bitting KCT (and, surely, anything else that relies on ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive).

Once I detected where the problem was happening, I could change the ways TS do the trick in order to workaround the ConfigNode.CopyToRecursive mishap, and now everything works fine.

Cheers.

Edited by Lisias
Grammars… {sigh) - good thing I'm a programmer, not a novelist!!

• 2 weeks later...

Daily "Araym noob questions to some modders, in his way to put together too many mods":

I adopted all together "KCT", "Scrapyard", but also I was used already to have "Flight Manager for Usable Stages", "Stage Recovery" and "Recovery Controller".

My Issues:

1. it seems to me that I do not find anymore the ability to select what type of recovery I liked, brought by "Recovery Controller", during design. Is it because, now that I have KCT, the whole recovery process it is handled by it only? (Just to know, if "Yes", if I can remove it safely... one less thing is welcomed, as I'm starting to be used to the KCT process and I do not really care anymore about "RC")
  2. If its own rules are met (having parachutes/dV and capabilities to landing burn left/ etc etc), "Stage Recovery" is it working, in background, when I do not bother to fly back any spent stage. Also, if "FMRS" is used (to actually "skip back" to a staging point), I'm perfectly fine to "flyback" a stage to its landing. So... what is my problem? FMRS behave alike a "stock recovery" (just saving me back the money spent... as I was used), meanwhile I was thinking, now that I have also the KCT+Scrapyard combo, if there a way to actually store the recovered booster in the KCT storage (alike a main craft does), to be lately "merged" back only with the main craft (to cut building time) rather than "rebuild it as new" (that generally makes the production time longer)
    (On this matter, could I have missed some settings, or some set up I should turn on during building/prelaunch/launch phase?)

Thanks in advance for anyone kindly to enlight this old soul.

On 9/29/2021 at 1:03 AM, Araym said:

if there a way to actually store the recovered booster in the KCT storage (alike a main craft does), to be lately "merged" back only with the main craft (to cut building time) rather than "rebuild it as new" (that generally makes the production time longer)

Not a FMRS user but if it's doing a "stock recovery" this should automatically be added to the inventory by ScrapYard, unless FMRS is doing weirdness with save files.

7 hours ago, severedsolo said:

Not a FMRS user but if it's doing a "stock recovery" this should automatically be added to the inventory by ScrapYard, unless FMRS is doing weirdness with save files.

(^_^)
Thanks for the answer.

I made a bit more of launches under my set-up and "kind of" understood (slowly) how to manage better the recovery, and also "reuse" parts from the Scrapyard inventory, if recovered "stock-alike" (FMRS method included in this).
Basically, I totally missed Scrapyard's "inventory" tab at first, but slowly I'm starting to understand how to re-install "used parts", so partially I resolved my doubts.

I was expecting more a way of "recover the whole stage" and find it in the KCT craft storage menu, but I guess that I'll survive even if it is not possible. That mostly resolve my question #2. (With practice I'm sure that I'll find my way to optimize the recovery/rebuilt phase at the best possible)

Still, then, for any kind soul still around to help me, valid my first question:

On 9/29/2021 at 3:03 AM, Araym said:
  1. it seems to me that I do not find anymore the ability to select what type of recovery I liked, brought by "Recovery Controller", during design. Is it because, now that I have KCT, the whole recovery process it is handled by it only? (Just to know, if "Yes", if I can remove it safely... one less thing is welcomed, as I'm starting to be used to the KCT process and I do not really care anymore about "RC")

... just to confirm if "Recovery Controller" is, as it seems to me, actually redundant with my set-up.

Hey boys and girls, was looking for a solution to a problem I am having

I installed quite a few mods and got every one of them to work except Kerbal Construction time, turns out when it's installed it stops myself from being able to enter buildings except the R&D and Mission control, but then proceeds to bug out and keep me upon the page while loading the UI from the overall view of the KSC.

Here is a link of the in game console: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

I've tried reinstalling the game, the mods and no matter what, KCT have just broken the game. It work fine when KCT is uninstalled but when it's in there it does this 3b1a15f7c6b2cf53e6d734a747dc920e.png

You are missing some dependencies.

Install ToolbarController, ClickThroughBlocker and SpaceTuxLibrary.

See the original post for links.

---

Edit: Also, looking at your mod folder list, another comment:

Waterfall does nothing by itself. You'll need to install WaterfallReStock to actually get the benefit (and optionally also Stock Waterfall Effects to cover a few parts not included in ReStock).

You may want to consider also installing RealPlume and the RealPlume Stock Configs, as well as Engine Lighting Relit. These will add improved plumes, smoke particles and lighting to some stock and mod parts that aren't covered by Waterfall, and Waterfall disables these effects for the parts it touches, so they play together nicely.

Edited by UnanimousCoward

11 hours ago, NITZ___ said:

've tried reinstalling the game, the mods and no matter what, KCT have just broken the game. It work fine when KCT is uninstalled but when it's in there it does this 

Besides thwat @UnanimousCoward said above (which is absolutely correct), you should always provide a copy of the log file (see my sig for info) for analysis when asking for help.  

I would also suggest using CKAN to install your mods since it will also install any needed dependencies

@linuxgurugamer I noted a small issue that is possibly related to KCT 1.4.8.1 on KSP 1.9.1. I noticed that the Recover button in the tracking station doesn't work, and in the console, a NRE appears on each click that does reference KCT.  KCT seems to work perfectly otherwise, recovery everywhere else works as expected.  I've been playing this save on 1.9.1 for a while (just came back to KSP so I updated KCT and other mods to their latest versions), and I do think it worked fine in 1.4.7 versions. 

See below for logs:

Dropbox

Edited by Jade_Falcon

I hate to be one of those people, but I have to ask if support for BetterCrewAssignment is ever something that would (or even could) happen (for both KCT and CrewR&R)?  Perfectly understandable if it's a resounding "no" but again I had to ask.

Snark did detail the difficulty of incorporating it:

For KCT to respect the data that BCA stores with the ship, it would need to read the BCA-specific data, which is hard to do without taking an explicit dependency on BCA, which is unlikely to happen.

Also, if it's any consolation, if I had to pick between KCT/CR&R and BCA, I would pick the former (shh don't tell Snark) :wink:

19 hours ago, Jade_Falcon said:

@linuxgurugamer I noted a small issue that is possibly related to KCT 1.4.8.1 on KSP 1.9.1. I noticed that the Recover button in the tracking station doesn't work, and in the console, a NRE appears on each click that does reference KCT.  KCT seems to work perfectly otherwise, recovery everywhere else works as expected.  I've been playing this save on 1.9.1 for a while (just came back to KSP so I updated KCT and other mods to their latest versions), and I do think it worked fine in 1.4.7 versions. 

See below for logs:

Dropbox

Try installing 1.1.4.8 and see what happens  You can also try to install 1.1.4.9

3 minutes ago, Iodyne said:

I hate to be one of those people, but I have to ask if support for BetterCrewAssignment is ever something that would (or even could) happen (for both KCT and CrewR&R)?  Perfectly understandable if it's a resounding "no" but again I had to ask.

Nope, sorry

• 2 weeks later...

Sometimes after loading the save there is a message at the space center, "You don't have enough funds for that.", also a lot of science points being added from nowhere.

I have to do  a scene change to get rid off that message.

Searching for that phrase points to KerbalConstructionTime.dll

see https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/issues/89

Edited by Gordon Dry

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Orian1978 said:

Linux, in the KCT setting on the space center page there is a "view wiki in browser" button. this is still linking to Magico wiki that now has dead links. thought you might want to get that updated to the new form at the lease.

Other than the link to the forum page on the wiki, what other dead links are there?  I've copied it over to my repo and will get KCT updated soon to point to that, but if you could take a look and let me know of any other dead links, I'd appreciate it:

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/wiki

Edit:  I reviewed the wiki and fixed a number of other bad/old links

Edited by linuxgurugamer

sweet thank you!!

the two link I was having issues with were the form and the "Preset Formulas and Math Parser Documentation"

both are now working on your new wiki page.

I will keep an eye out and update KCT when you post a new update.

again thanks for all the hard work on the mods. KCT has given me so much fun with KSP now.

Hello,

This is probably me just being stupid, but is there a way to change the settings of the mod after you've started a new game?  I picked a present when I first started a new career game, and now that I'm a bit in, I'd like to tweak some of the time settings, but I can't find a way to access them.  I saw that the ReadMe said there should be a settings widget under the warp button but I'm not seeing it.  Thanks for any help!

54 minutes ago, JDTractorGuy said:

Hello,

This is probably me just being stupid, but is there a way to change the settings of the mod after you've started a new game?  I picked a present when I first started a new career game, and now that I'm a bit in, I'd like to tweak some of the time settings, but I can't find a way to access them.  I saw that the ReadMe said there should be a settings widget under the warp button but I'm not seeing it.  Thanks for any help!

Go to the Space Center view and right-click on the KCT icon. Left-clicking brings up the Build List, right-clicking brings up the settings.

I'm playing at 4K resolution, this is my first time as a KCT user, the UI/fonts are small and don't seem to follow the UI scale settings (except for the button in VAB). Search in forum and github suggests there's nothing to help here. My thought of a work around is to use AnyRes to switch scales.

No idea how hard it would be to implement, but it's already a request: Feature Request: UI Scaling · Issue #19 · linuxgurugamer/KCT · GitHub

I know @linuxgurugameris super super busy saving almost all the mods from bit rot... but perhaps... one day... when he's not busy... (that's not a thing). Perhaps I should get a devenv set up and actually help and make a pull request...