[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

On 11/14/2021 at 8:56 PM, Orian1978 said:

so I just deleted a mod. when I started the game back up KCT said my vessel had parts from that missing mod and would now put that in quarantine. is there a place that I can view quarantine vessels?

theirs a text file whit ships name and missing parts. dont remember the location of the file but probably in the save or game root dir

Question for anyone with experience with KCT in a career game:

I'm sure they're all made to balanced, but for the presets, would you say that the "Upfree" preset (stock building upgrade system) works well for a long-play career where I don't want to spend forever in the early game? I'm mainly wondering about the impact of only having one build rate per facility relative to the design of KCT.

Edit: Open to suggestions of other setups too. I want the build-time consideration for sure, cause I combine it with all the stage recovery mods, but I've grinded the Kerbin system a lot in the past and want to get further sooner.

Edited by RocketRyleigh

• 4 weeks later...

Seconding what Startpanikin1 said. I can no longer build anything with Construction Time, a change which happened in the last few days. Was there a stealth update from KSP? The only mods I'm using that have updated since it was working are Tweakscale and Space Tux Library. Thanks for managing such an awesome mod!

Edited by iamihop

• 3 weeks later...

What sort of support does KCT have for the additional bases in Vanilla (both the ones you can start with, and also the discoverable ones.)? I've tried to figure out how to build a ship in the VAB and then launch from the desert, but can't seem to figure it out.

29 minutes ago, Aardvark said:

What sort of support does KCT have for the additional bases in Vanilla (both the ones you can start with, and also the discoverable ones.)? I've tried to figure out how to build a ship in the VAB and then launch from the desert, but can't seem to figure it out.

None at this time

3 hours ago, Aardvark said:

You can launch from Woomerang and Desert by clicking the asterisk next to the craft and selecting "Select LaunchSite". The new 1.12 sites aren't available, though.

I'm playing with Realism Overhaul which includes KTC and Testflight. My rocket suffered and engine failure and ended up sitting on the pad. According to KTC there is an option to recover the vessel straight to the VAB but I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Supposedly this option is in the KTC menu which you bring while piloting a vessel and landed at kerbin, but I'm not getting that option. 

This is really annoying to me because rebuilding the rocket will run out the contract I'm trying to complete. Is there a reason I can't see the option and a way to try and fix it?

24 minutes ago, DragonInSpace said:

I'm playing with Realism Overhaul which includes KTC and Testflight. My rocket suffered and engine failure and ended up sitting on the pad. According to KTC there is an option to recover the vessel straight to the VAB but I'm not seeing that option anywhere. Supposedly this option is in the KTC menu which you bring while piloting a vessel and landed at kerbin, but I'm not getting that option. 

This is really annoying to me because rebuilding the rocket will run out the contract I'm trying to complete. Is there a reason I can't see the option and a way to try and fix it?

You're in the wrong thread.  This one is specifically labeled "NOT RO".  Look for the RO thread for info.  @siimav might be able to help, he's the current maintainer of the RO version

• 1 month later...

Apologies if this problem was already reported, I make an impatient skim reader and may have missed it.

My issue is with vehicle editing times in sph.

Basically I built a plane to do some early GAP contracts, did said contracts, then modified the plane to be capable of breaking sound barrier, literally adding a third engine and replacing nosecone with extra air breathing thing. I completed sound barrier contract then returned to runway and recovered to sph.

So the craft has been stored in sph 3 or 4 times in one initial state, and is now stored in sph in a second, altered state, with one part removed from and 2 added to the original design.

For some reason when I now open this craft it’s going to take 2 days 4 hours to edit from second state to second state, and 9 minutes to edit from second state to second state minus the two parts I added when I modified the craft. I discovered this when I wanted to ditch fuel.
I can launch the vessel in the state it should be, but it seems like what storage thinks my craft should be and what editor thinks don’t match up.

Happy to send my save file and thanks for making kct.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

a little question: this mod allows you to build a rocket and the payload separately and then join them and launch them?

I don't think so.  I'm not sure how it would know what to attach where.

I'd build the sections, save them as subassemblies (stock feature, open the expandable menu on the top left) then assemble them and add the final design to the build list.  You probably need to use the re-root feature if your stages don't use a pod as root.  Normally I'll use a probe core to de-orbit them but if weight or funds are a problem, you can add a pod temporarily then re-root and delete the pod.

I'd also recommend using KRASH to simulate the finished thing.  KCT slows your game down a lot.  Nobody wants to spend weeks building a rocket only to find it can't do the job.

5 hours ago, jaunco325 said:

a little question: this mod allows you to build a rocket and the payload separately and then join them and launch them?

Not to my knowledge.

I can't see any way to pre-build two separate craft and then pull them into the editor for merging. The main KCT UI in the space centre scene doesn't have any options to select more than one vessel at a time for editing and the KCT build queue UI in the editor does not have any options to merge from the build list.

At the moment for reusable launchers, (e.g. spaceplanes; shuttles; Falcon 9 etc.),  after landing the launcher I would use KCT to recover it to the VAB/SPH then from the KCT menu select to edit the craft to refuel/repair/replace parts. Then merge it (from sub-assemblies or the load menu) with a new payload and any expendable parts (e.g. shuttle external fuel tank and SRBs) then add the new combined vessel back onto the KCT build queue. This means that it would take the full build time of the payload and expendable items as minimum turn around before relaunch.

Unfortunately this means that, as far as I can see, you can't have one payload building while flying a prior mission with a reusable launch vehicle that you then intend to use to launch the payload with after the launcher has been recovered and refurbished.

Launch vehicles that recover multiple stages separately (e.g. Falcon Heavy or Starship) are also a problem.

You can speed the build process a bit by using Scrapyard to recycle previously flown parts into new vessels.