[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly

linuxgurugamer

Hi, best wishes all, and sorry for asking a question that has probably been asked a million times - but to which I have not yet found the answer:

Can you add an assembly line in RSS/RO/RP1/KCT for having multiple vessels being built simultaneously, and if so, how? I can't find any options in any of the menus in the game, and even checking persistent.sfs and KCT presets has given me no clue whether this is even possible - yet I do see the possibility of having multiple assembly lines mentioned in the occasional post and video - though never with an explanation of how to achieve this (I may have missed the most useful ones; I do suck at Google).

Thanks!

GrH.

Edited by Hoozemans

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Greetings, all!  

I'm trying to get back into the good KSP, and haven't played any version more recent than 1.3.1.  In 1.12.5, is it possible to use KCT and still select the different suits for kerbed missions?  If so, how do I manage that?

Hello,
I have been putting together some mods and decided to create a custom preset to go along with them. Most values I can determine. However, there are a few variables that I need help finding what they represent. I have checked the KCT Guide PDF and the GitHub Wiki for these variables and have yet to find anything.

ProceduralPartFormula = (([c]-[A]) + ([A]*10/max([I],1))) / max([B]*([U]+1),1) *[MV]*[PV]

In the above section, I want to find what MV and PV represent.

ReconditioningFormula = min([M]*[O]*[E], [X])*abs([RE]-[S]) / ([LM]-[L]+1)

I am also looking for what LM represents in the above formula.

I will likely have to create a post on the Realistic Progression Zero (RP-0) forum for some of the variables they used in their KCT preset configuration formulas. Still, I will include them below in case anyone knows them too.

EffectivePartFormula = [PV]*[RV]*[MV]*[C]
ProceduralPartFormula = [PV]*[RV]*[MV]*[C]

I am looking for what RV represents above.

KSCUpgradeFormula = ((([C]*0.2)^(0.75))*5000*([Adm]+[AC]+[MC]+[RD]+[RW]+[TS]+[SPH]+[VAB]))+(max((((([C]+100000)*0.2)^0.85)*4500-23000000), 750000)*[LP])

And what Adm, AC, MC, RD, RW, TS, SPH, and VAB represent.

ReconditioningFormula = 0.5*(abs([RE]-[S])*(([BP]*3-400000) * (0.7 + (([SN]^0.5)*0.05) + (([SP]^0.5)*0.05)) * (([L]+4)^2) * 0.00012)*50)

Also, what do SN and SP represent?

RushCostFormula = ([TC]+((max(0,2000-[TC]))^0.9))*(1.15^[RC])

Lastly, what do TC and RC represent?

Again, I will gladly ask the RP-0 questions in their related forum, but if I could get a response about the first three variables found in the default preset, I would appreciate it.

@Vatruvius I'm not familiar with KCT code so the below is basically speculation from a few minutes looking at the code, take it with a grain of salt.

In KCT_PresetManager.cs there are definitions and math formulas for PV, RV, and MV which are part, module, and resource variable respectively. They appear to be cost values computed based on the number of parts, resource cost, etc.  

LM for reconditioning is in KCT_MathParsing.cs and seems to be the max number of launch sites. 

I believe [LM] is the maximum level of the launch site.

[TC] is the total cost of the vessel, and [RC] is the number of rush clicks (useful, for example, if you want rush cost to go up with the number of rushes you do).

I'm not sure about [Adm], [AC], [MC], etc., but I found this. Not quite sure what it's doing.

https://github.com/linuxgurugamer/KCT/blob/master/Kerbal_Construction_Time/KCT_UpgradingBuilding.cs#L166

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
10 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

For some reason it conflicts with Better Crew Assignment. Would you mind fixing that?

Conflicts, how? What happens?  Any errors in the log file?

How did you install it?

According to the author, that mod is incompatible with KCT

Edited by linuxgurugamer

5 hours ago, Richmountain112 said:

Also, I tried it and decided it was easier to just pretend (or headcanon) that you're reusing spacecraft than actually getting reusability mods like this, ScrapYard, and StageRecovery.

Your welcome 

• 2 weeks later...

My research plane has a Science Jr. on it, and it no longer functions after being used once. When I try, it says no more samples can be collected. Scientists can't recharge it, and it still shows the experiment button as though it was charged. Is this CKAN's fault or a normal bug? Is recharging your experiments before recovery vital now?

Edit for clarity: I recovered to the SPH. I'm also using ScrapYard if that's relevant, but I can still use used mystery goos (from normal recovery) just fine.

Edited by XxRedwoodxX

4 hours ago, XxRedwoodxX said:

My research plane has a Science Jr. on it, and it no longer functions after being used once. When I try, it says no more samples can be collected. Scientists can't recharge it, and it still shows the experiment button as though it was charged. Is this CKAN's fault or a normal bug? Is recharging your experiments before recovery vital now?

Edit for clarity: I recovered to the SPH. I'm also using ScrapYard if that's relevant, but I can still use used mystery goos (from normal recovery) just fine.

"No more samples can be collected" sounds like you have ReStock installed which changes the default science experiment into one from DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric. To have those modules cleaned automatically, I edited the file GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/KCT_ModuleTemplates.cfg to add the following at the end:

// added mod support
// DMagic animated science modules
MODULE
{
	name = DMModuleScienceAnimateGeneric
	Deployed = False
	Inoperable = False
	experimentsReturned = 0
	experimentsNumber  = 0
}

I also added a few more rules to support Universal Storage science experiments and refurbishing parts for EVA Repairs, if you use those mods then you could add these as well.

Spoiler

// universal storage II
MODULE
{
    name = USSimpleScience
    Deployed = False
    Inoperable = False
}

MODULE
{
    name = USAdvancedScience
    Deployed = False
    Inoperable = False
    experimentsReturned = 0
    experimentsNumber = 0
}

// EVA Repairs
MODULE
{
    name = ModuleEVARepairs
    needsMaintenance = false
    currentMTBF = 8640000
    mtbfCurrentMultiplier = 1
    partWornOut = False
    wheelStuckPosition = -1
}

Because of the way KCT reads this file, it is not possible to patch it using ModuleManager, but needs to be directly edited. If KCT ever updates then the edits may need to be reapplied to the new version of the file.

4 minutes ago, Aelfhe1m said:

"No more samples can be collected" sounds like you have ReStock installed...

...I also added a few more rules to support Universal Storage science experiments and refurbishing parts for EVA Repairs, if you use those mods then you could add these as well...

Because of the way KCT reads this file, it is not possible to patch it using ModuleManager, but needs to be directly edited.

Well, I have all those mods. Unfortunately I don't know how to add this fix - how do I?

1 minute ago, XxRedwoodxX said:

Well, I have all those mods. Unfortunately I don't know how to add this fix - how do I?

Go to your KSP install folder and then go to GameData folder, then the KerbalConstructionTime folder. You will see the KCT_ModuleTemplates.cfg file there.

While KSP is not running, open the file using a text editor (e.g. Notepad on Windows) and then copy and paste the  fixes from my previous post to the end of that file and resave it.

The next time you start KSP science modules used by these mods should be cleaned whenever a vessel is recovered by KCT. 

2 hours ago, Aelfhe1m said:

Go to your KSP install folder and then go to GameData folder, then the KerbalConstructionTime folder. You will see the KCT_ModuleTemplates.cfg file there.

While KSP is not running, open the file using a text editor (e.g. Notepad on Windows) and then copy and paste the  fixes from my previous post to the end of that file and resave it.

The next time you start KSP science modules used by these mods should be cleaned whenever a vessel is recovered by KCT. 

I'd recommend taking a copy of the original file before making any amendments, just in case.

I'm having a weird glitch where KCT just doesn't work at all. I launch a craft and it doesn't make me wait or anything.

More info here:

Spoiler

I installed this mid-way through a career save, and it asked me what settings I wanted. It showed the correct UI buttons and everything worked. The next day, I booted up KSP and the blue button on the top right-ish of the KSC UI was gone, and the KCT button on the lower bar in the VAB/SPH didn't work when I clicked it. Craft launch instantly, instead of waiting. Also, KCT functions on a separate Sandbox save

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something intentional?

Full mod list is here.

Spoiler

img%5D

Edited by TwoCalories

39 minutes ago, TwoCalories said:

I'm having a weird glitch where KCT just doesn't work at all. I launch a craft and it doesn't make me wait or anything.

More info here:

Hide contents

I installed this mid-way through a career save, and it asked me what settings I wanted. It showed the correct UI buttons and everything worked. The next day, I booted up KSP and the blue button on the top right-ish of the KSC UI was gone, and the KCT button on the lower bar in the VAB/SPH didn't work when I clicked it. Craft launch instantly, instead of waiting.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this something intentional?

Full mod list is here.

Reveal hidden contents

img%5D

Try right clicking on the KCT button in the main KSC space center view to bring up the options window and changing the values again. Some of the settings are game specific and others apply to ALL saves in the same KSP install.

If that fails you could try altering the saved settings files (take backups first) or deleting them to get KCT to regenerate them.

KCT saves its settings in several locations.

The main preset information from the central pane of the options window is saved inside Saves/<SaveName>/KCT_Settings.cfg

The state of the various buttons on the right pane are saved to: GameData/KerbalConstructionTime/PluginData/KCT_Config.txt

And the record of how your upgrade points have been applied and which vessels you have stored in the VAB and SPH are written to the main save persistent.sfs file.