Jump to content

[1.12.x] NOT RO - Kerbal Construction Time - Unrapid Planned Assembly


linuxgurugamer
 Share

Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, vardicd said:

I've gotten this weirdness before with Kerbalism, are you by chance currently, or were you previously running kerbalism?

I was, along with a pile of other mods, which was why I made sure to reproduce it with eeeeeeverything disabled.

 

12 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Please try it with a totally clean install.  there may have been some cache files floating around

I'll see if I can reproduce on a completely clean install. I'm not sure what cache files KSP or other mods generate that aren't in GameData, though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, salajander said:

I'll see if I can reproduce on a completely clean install. I'm not sure what cache files KSP or other mods generate that aren't in GameData, though

In the main KSP directory:  settings, PartDatabase both get updated, and sometimes the PartDatabase needs to be deleted and remade

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

New release (out of beta): 1.4.6.4

  • Optimized the stock toolbar button texture setting (for the flashing of the button)
  • Removed log spam: UpdateTechlistIconColor
  • Added whitelist of fuels for the "Fill Tanks" & "Fill Tanks and Launch"
  • Moved initialization of static GUI stuff into the loader
  • Fixed memory leak and cause of stuttering in the editor
  • Added automatic sizing and placement to Build Plans button for UI scaling
  • Added TextureScale.cs to support sizing & placement of the buttons
  • Fixed error in loop, was doing a ++ instead of a --
  • Converted many foreach into for loops
  • Fixed issue where launching vessel would not properly load kerbals into crewed part
Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer So, I just upgraded KSP to 1.7. Just downloaded the latest version of KCT and installed it and I'm getting an endless scrolling of this:

D4x4WFC.jpg

It's firing every second or so, causing a very noticeable stuttering in the VAB.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t7jk0gifiqldch9/output_log KCT Handling Error.txt?dl=0

EDIT: KCT is not causing the stuttering. removing KCT has not reduced the stutter, but now looking elsewhere for the stuttering.

EDIT2: Previous version of KCT still seems to run in KSP 1.7 and doesn't seem to cause issue, should anyone have the issue I'm having above, and wish to roll back.

EDIT3: Further testing has shown that I'm not getting the above error from KCT version 1.4.6.4 {latest version for 1.7KSP}. I thought I had tracked the stuttering issue to the scrapyard mod, as once I removed it, all stutter ended, but when I tried a clean install with just that, I got no stutter, so I started adding mods back in, and when I added the latest version of KCT back in I still had no stutter, and no scrolling handleEditorButton/attempting to take control of launch button error. There is apparently some other 3rd mod that is setting up a weird reaction between KCT, scrapyard, and itself, when all 3 are installed together. I am attempting to isolate the 3rd mod now, but it's slow going.

FINAL EDIT TONIGHT: I have pulled apart my install, taken everything out and put it all back in, one mod at a time until I am back where I started. I can not get this endlessly scrolling error message to reappear. I don't know why it happened the first time, I don't know if it will pop up in the future. I found the unrelated stuttering issue that was in fact coming from scrapyard. Feel free to look over the output log from the incident above, if you want, maybe you'll see something that I can't, since I can't read the log anyway. Maybe it was just KSP being KSP, and it wasn't even the mod's fault. I don't know. Until I can get this to happen again, I'm going to have to assume it was a one off thing and I wasted my time hunting a bug that wasn't there, and yours for reading this. Sorry.

Edited by vardicd
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have located the stuttering effect I was noticing, it was coming solely from the scrapyard mod, and had to do with the WIP feature, funds override. once I disabled that, the stutter went away, so far have not been able to reproduce the endlessly scrolling text pictured above. Still working on it, adding mods back in one at a time.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, vardicd said:

roger.

I just checked, the .version file in MagiCore only has a min KSP Version, so it's all set to go:

{
  "NAME": "MagiCore",
  "URL": "http://ksp.spacetux.net/avc/MagiCore",
  "GITHUB": {
    "USERNAME": "linuxgurugamer",
    "REPOSITORY": "MagiCore",
    "ALLOW_PRE_RELEASE": false
  },
  "VERSION": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 3,
    "PATCH": 1,
    "BUILD": 5
  },
  "KSP_VERSION_MIN": {
    "MAJOR": 1,
    "MINOR": 2,
    "PATCH": 0
  }
}

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Feature Request

A single build queue for use in games with multiple launch sites.

I don't know how viable it would be to program or if there are architectural issues that preclude it, but the current set up within KCT does not reflect the way rockets are really built and deployed. In KCT you apply upgrade points to speed the building of vehicles. In games with multiple launch sites you can choose to either develop each one individually or have them all upgrade together. Neither option reflects how rockets are really built, they're not build at the launch site but at a central factory, then shipped to the site, readied for launch there and then launched.

A more realistic option would be to have a single build queue. Roll out would then involve selecting the launch site at that point and perhaps varying the cost and time due to the logistics of shipping the rocket to different sites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Bug report:

There's a misbehavior of the Build plan feature, when used in conjunction with ScrapYard. Using KCT 1.4.6.4  and ScrapYard 1.1.1 on 1.61
How to reproduce:
1. Build a small craft, then scrap it.

2. Enter the VAB and build/load the same craft

3. Take note of the build time. Should be short because we have already all the parts in the inventory.

4a. First add the craft to the building plans, and then add it to the build list. The build time in the VAB list is now much longer, as if we didn't have the inventory parts.

4b. If instead you first add the craft to the build list, and then add it to the building plans, the build time is correct.

Something I noticed which might be related: when adding a craft to the building plans, it also displays "Added X to the build list", which is the same message when you actually add a craft to the build list. However, adding to the building plans ONLY adds the craft to the build list.
Is it possible that ScrapYard detects the "add to build plans" as "add to build list", and so it "consumes" the inventory without any actual craft in construction?

TL;DR: To avoid this bug, first add to the build list, only then add to the build plans

I can post the log, if necessary

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok, now I am experiencing a more serious bug:

Recovered vehicles are not reset.

I've tried with a small rocket: I recovered it, and even edited in the editor to add some fuel, it looked fine. But when launching, the SRB are immediately staged, and the parachute is in red "removed" state.
here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueicptwebt00h2/KSP.log?dl=0

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have a puzzling phenomenon with KCT 1.3.9 (KSP 1.3.1.1891 + RO 12.5.0 + RP-1 1.00) when reusing planes. Because of the runway gap problem, I opted to just launch planes with a small rocket booster (obviously a very kerbal solution!). However, this means I have to reattach the booster. This however drops the reuse percentage to zero (see screenshots). Even just a single decoupler reduces the reuse percentage from 99% to 75%. This is an average complexity plane much bigger than the booster, so I'm quite surprised. Also worth mentioning, I also recovered the booster, then scrapped it for lack of a merge option. What is going on here? Could I tweak the craft or some formula to remedy the situation?

screenshot26_zpsw9hsfxsh.png

screenshot27_zpsykticv5j.png

https://s11.photobucket.com/user/MoiraLachesis/media/Kerbal/screenshot28_zpsvvvczkle.png.html

https://s11.photobucket.com/user/MoiraLachesis/media/Kerbal/screenshot29_zps25icfvmr.png.html

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t support RO.  The RO people have a release specific for RO.  You need to use then ask for help in the RO thread

On 4/25/2019 at 9:21 AM, DC said:

Feature Request

A single build queue for use in games with multiple launch sites.

I don't know how viable it would be to program or if there are architectural issues that preclude it, but the current set up within KCT does not reflect the way rockets are really built and deployed. In KCT you apply upgrade points to speed the building of vehicles. In games with multiple launch sites you can choose to either develop each one individually or have them all upgrade together. Neither option reflects how rockets are really built, they're not build at the launch site but at a central factory, then shipped to the site, readied for launch there and then launched.

A more realistic option would be to have a single build queue. Roll out would then involve selecting the launch site at that point and perhaps varying the cost and time due to the logistics of shipping the rocket to different sites.

Sorry to say, this is a game, and does not reflect reality. What you are asking for would be a huge effort, and won’t really add that much to the game other than added complexity

On 4/27/2019 at 12:33 AM, aat said:

Bug report:

There's a misbehavior of the Build plan feature, when used in conjunction with ScrapYard. Using KCT 1.4.6.4  and ScrapYard 1.1.1 on 1.61
How to reproduce:
1. Build a small craft, then scrap it.

2. Enter the VAB and build/load the same craft

3. Take note of the build time. Should be short because we have already all the parts in the inventory.

4a. First add the craft to the building plans, and then add it to the build list. The build time in the VAB list is now much longer, as if we didn't have the inventory parts.

4b. If instead you first add the craft to the build list, and then add it to the building plans, the build time is correct.

Something I noticed which might be related: when adding a craft to the building plans, it also displays "Added X to the build list", which is the same message when you actually add a craft to the build list. However, adding to the building plans ONLY adds the craft to the build list.
Is it possible that ScrapYard detects the "add to build plans" as "add to build list", and so it "consumes" the inventory without any actual craft in construction?

TL;DR: To avoid this bug, first add to the build list, only then add to the build plans

I can post the log, if necessary

No need for a log.  Your description is very complete, and you are not experiencing a bug so much as an incomplete implementation.

On 4/27/2019 at 3:32 AM, aat said:

Ok, now I am experiencing a more serious bug:

Recovered vehicles are not reset.

I've tried with a small rocket: I recovered it, and even edited in the editor to add some fuel, it looked fine. But when launching, the SRB are immediately staged, and the parachute is in red "removed" state.
here is the log:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sueicptwebt00h2/KSP.log?dl=0

Thank you. Ill look into both of these problems, but its probably going to be a few days as I am traveling right now

Edited by linuxgurugamer
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/27/2019 at 8:57 PM, linuxgurugamer said:

Sorry to say, this is a game, and does not reflect reality. What you are asking for would be a huge effort, and won’t really add that much to the game other than added complexity

Thanks for the reply. To be fair KSP reflects reality far better than the vast majority of games and many players want added complexity. Oh well, I appreciate there are far better and more productive uses for your valuable and much respected time inside and outside KSP.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hello, I encountered a bug.

I was fixing up my damaged plane using the edit craft after I recovered it. When I hit the "Save edits" button and got back to the KSC scene I could't find the plane anywhere in KCT's SPH storage. It just disappeared entirely.

I'll provide the Log if it happens again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

One tailfin out of a 29 part plane, also I added an antenna to it so it became a 30 part plane. Also since recovered crafts in the editor don't reset (Another bug), which also means one-time experiments don't reset, I had to take them out of the plane and put new ones.

I can't remember the percentage but I can remember that the plane took 50 days to build and the edit time estimate said it wanted 3 days to finish them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, ImaginaryVenus5 said:

One tailfin out of a 29 part plane, also I added an antenna to it so it became a 30 part plane.

Ok, so I'll take a plane, destroy a part, recover and edit it, fix the part, add a new antenna and also reset all experiments by hand

Can someone else try to replicate this, please?

Also, I am aware of the experiments not being reset, there is an issue for that on Github

Link to comment
Share on other sites

@linuxgurugamer I've run into a minor issue with KCT, nothing too drastic, but it appears to be hiding some available kerbals when picking crew before launching flights. I've got a dropbox link to my outputlog, and a short youtube video showing the issue in action:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/9nkwt0k4qyisbjw/output_log KCT missing pilots.txt?dl=0

 

I also noticed rewatching the video before posting, my auto assigned pilot, Eileen Jay, was showing as an available kerbal in the kerbal listing, even though she was already assigned to the craft. Nothing has really changed in my mod list since I upgraded from KSP 1.6.1, and I never saw this behavior in the previous version of KSP with this mod list, so I'm unsure what might be causing it.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, ImaginaryVenus5 said:

Hello, I encountered a bug.

I was fixing up my damaged plane using the edit craft after I recovered it. When I hit the "Save edits" button and got back to the KSC scene I could't find the plane anywhere in KCT's SPH storage. It just disappeared entirely.

I'll provide the Log if it happens again.

9 hours ago, ImaginaryVenus5 said:

One tailfin out of a 29 part plane, also I added an antenna to it so it became a 30 part plane. Also since recovered crafts in the editor don't reset (Another bug), which also means one-time experiments don't reset, I had to take them out of the plane and put new ones.

I can't remember the percentage but I can remember that the plane took 50 days to build and the edit time estimate said it wanted 3 days to finish them.

8 hours ago, linuxgurugamer said:

Ok, so I'll take a plane, destroy a part, recover and edit it, fix the part, add a new antenna and also reset all experiments by hand

Can someone else try to replicate this, please?

Also, I am aware of the experiments not being reset, there is an issue for that on Github

I was not able to replicate. I was admittedly using a 60~ part plane, not a 30, so I'm not sure if that'll have any bearing. I just happened to have a plane on the runway from my previous video about the missing kerbals I posted, and used it for the test. was able to break, recover, rebuild, launch and fly the falcon stubby.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/23/2019 at 8:00 PM, linuxgurugamer said:
  • Added whitelist of fuels for the "Fill Tanks" & "Fill Tanks and Launch"

I noticed the addition of a "Fill Tanks and Launch" button alongside the "Launch" button when I have a vehicle at the pad.  I'm not clear on what the distinction is-- I haven't noticed anything different no matter which one I hit. ( Is it support for a mod I don't have, perhaps?)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, MaxwellsDemon said:

I noticed the addition of a "Fill Tanks and Launch" button alongside the "Launch" button when I have a vehicle at the pad.  I'm not clear on what the distinction is-- I haven't noticed anything different no matter which one I hit. ( Is it support for a mod I don't have, perhaps?)

If you were playing with non-full tanks (for balancing, etc), the tanks get filled.  If you recovered a vessel into storage, it will fill the tanks before launching

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Got it... so since I'm not doing either of those, it's not really important which I push.  :)   (The first time I saw it, I thought "ooh, I'd better make sure the tanks are full."  The second time, I listened to my inner Jeb and thought, "I wonder what would happen if I pressed the other one?")

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...